So how was your year Veeky Forums?

So how was your year Veeky Forums?

What was the favorite book you read?

Are you in a better situation than you were in January?

Other urls found in this thread:

time.ertale.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you know it's still 2010 in Ethiopia?
time.ertale.com/

Pretty good desu though I spent too much time trading shitcoins and too little time reading. And this job is rather boring.

But I had a great Spring where I moved in with my gf and read a lot while I was still on the lookout for work.
My favorites were probably The Brothers Karamazov and Roadside Picnic, though I’m sure I’m missing at least one other very good one.

My self-esteem is so shot that I couldn't even imagine having a girlfriend, let alone one that allows me to live with her while I'm unemployed. You're a lucky dude.

lel

My year was one of extreme patience testing and personal growth. I have been writinga book of my own and self publishing it. I hired an editor who was a fan of mine and he turned out to be a total nightmare. Pretty much everything that could go wrong went wrong in the most ironic ways possible. In the end he sued me for fucking up his own job, and due to the vagaries of our contract it was possible that he could get it heard in court and make my life hell, despite having no chance of actually winning in the end of I fought it. So I settled with the faggot and finally burned he bridge entirely.

As a result I learned a lot about editing because I had to do it myself. I also learned about contracts and legal proceedings.

As far as books that I've been reading, i slowly read through multiple books at once. I read Occult Theocracy, The Protocols of Zion, The Engineer Corp of Hell, When Google Met WikiLeaks, The Glass Cage, and Win Bigly

I was only unemployed because I moved into another city to move in with her; otherwise she’d probably not have done it, as her own income isn’t big enough to pay for the whole rent.

Anyway, I also had gutted self-esteem and no romantic kiss in my whole life and all when I was 20. Worked my way up from there. Don’t give up hope and don’t avoid doing what you know is right. Chase your own comfort and feeling-well instead of arbitrary goals/achievements that you imagine bring instant happiness.

In order to not derail the thread too much: Another impressive novel I’ve read this year was Andrei Platonov’s "The Foundation Pit". Stylistically very original and expressive, a good match for the at times extremely depressing contents.

> hired an editor who was a fan of mine and he turned out to be a total nightmare. Pretty much everything that could go wrong went wrong in the most ironic ways possible. In the end he sued me for fucking up his own job, and due to the vagaries of our contract it was possible that he could get it heard in court
Sounds pretty funny/interesting desu, maybe you oughta make a novella out of it.

This year finally set me on the way to full blown pseud-dom: My gf left me, I had an existential crisis, picked up writing again after I had stopped during my Physics bachelors, tripped on mushrooms a couple of times, started drinking/smoking more, and will now move to Berlin next march to write full-time.

I have become a meme.

>write full-time

Bourgie dumbass detected. There's no money in high-brow writing.

>will now move to Berlin
Ok that’s the point where you’ve definitely fugged up m8.

It wasn't that good

The origins of political order by Francis Fukuyama

Nope, my situation will only get worse or stay the same until the end of 2018 sadly.
But after that I'm a free man

it was a year of setting goals with no real structure or purpose and then agonizing over their completion. good news is i followed through, but only time will tell if it was of any benefit. i won't be doing that next year, or any other year for that matter.

I know. Tbh I just wanna take some time to fail properly so I can get the "literary lifestyle" out of my mind. I feel like I would regret not giving it a shot.

Why? Its dirty, its anonymous, always moving, full of creativity, seems like a good choice for what I am looking for.

Kapital vol II

>how was year
Fake and gay

>favorite book
A Sportsman’s Sketches

>are you in a better situation
Same situation more or less just older
So I guess a little worse

I have absolutely nothing positive to say in this thread by answering the questions.
All I will say is that there's no favorite books, it is the build-up of several books that do it for me.
That applies to non-fiction and fiction.

Oh my god im gonna fucking explode I ate too many pasta noodles

And how the fuck do you finance that?

Got a small inheritance. I intend to live the "lit lifestyle" for only a year at first, to see if my writing improves at all. If I am completely disillusioned after that I'll prolly continue studying or get a dead-end job.

>are you in a better situation than you were in January?

-Failed a class
-had the best relationship yet and had an ugly break up
-she left me when I was down
-she’s still stalking me but doesn’t want to start over
-still love her kinda
-had to move 3 times
-drinking more, carry a flask with me now
-smoking more
-4 relatives died
-a friend died
-my cat was lost 3 times, at least 2 weeks on each occasion
-I thought I got an STD from barebacking some slut after my break up
-I was so depressed I couldn’t even get hard for a month and a half
-lost my phone while drunk, cost me a lot
-almost got beat up by:
Drug dealers
Ghetto trash
Eastern-euro blockhouse trash
2 policemen
-got fucked over in a deal
-grandma pops 5-6 xannies a day now
-her caretaker is a deranged fuck
-lost real estate
-went to psychiatrist
-diagnosed with depression
-therapy is too expensive so fucked right off
-got subscription for fucking xanax after 4 panic attacks
-not taking them
-lit a cig and drank left-over beer when the 2nd panic attack kicked in for cool guy points
-no one was there, cringed at myself, bed was covered in ashes and beer for 3 days
-had dudes who I thought were good friends bail on me when shit started rolling
-decided not to care for anyone anymore, just those who I’m already invested in and haven’t left me yet
-one of these people is struggling with her problems and I don’t know how to help
-was offered a meeting with a literary critic by a friend, got hyped
-she got hit by a car before setting it up
-what I wrote this year is babbies first book of suffering anyway
-fuckboy I know started writing 2 months ago, he’s trash but he got published because his family knows politicians
-old friend got pussywhipped and won’t talk to me now, we’ve known each other for 12 years

Passed, no girlfriend, unpublished, moved back into my flat. All in all I’ve been sucking dick since fucking January and ended up in the exact same situation except with less money. I went through all kinds of bullshit for nothing. Should’ve killed myself in August so I wouldn’t have got bogged down by responsibilities and projects. Now I won’t crave death till summer comes again.

>favorite book
Werther

I'm in the second year of Uni now so I'm limiting myself to only reading recommended reading for the degree, its painful.

I found my way back to literature which was nice. However I also got the standard winter depression (I live far up in the north so only a couple of hours sunlight a day right now) and some psychotic episodes induced by existential dread. Oh and I also had a meltdown after falling in love with and later being rejected by an ex. 5/10

Damn. I wish you the best, user.

It's never for nothing as long as you're still alive. Sounds gay but it's true IMO. I can only wish you well Hungarybro.

It was a horrible year for me socially and professionally, however I finally got around to reading Moby Duck which was good.

I tried to open up to people. Never again.

Terrible, worse than I was at the start, basically done with life at this point.

Brothers Karamazov, Borges work, and Spinozas ethics my fav books.

Pros:
got a gf, had great sex, family relations are still good, had a good semester, grades-wise. Sold my first and second pieces of art (very reaffirming)
cons:
PC damaged in shipping so I had to replace gpu and mobo and hdd
Im still with the gf and im a lot less happier, but we're also doing long-distance and I wonder why im doing it almost daily.
Friend game, here at college, is not so great; Ive eaten the supermajority of my meals alone
I didn't read as much as I'd have liked.

Fav book: Either JR or The Recognitions

Socially I am in the same spot I have been for years with a close circle of good friends and the idea of getting a GF as impossible

Favorite book was the BOTNS series which was incredible

Yes, I have a job in my career path which seemed at least unlikely back then. I feel a lot more aimless