Ego Death

I want to experience ego death, what Veeky Forums can I read to help me achieve this?

Only psychs, enough to make you certain you are dying it isn't fun desu

Unironically kys. It is the only way.

Stop posting this horseshit

No you don’t

This fucking thread again.

go back to /mu/ or read a book you low-iq junkie
stop making this thread

Buy some DMT and smoke it. Boom, there ya go. Enjoy all the emotional trauma it'll drag up from your subconscious on the way back to reality, bro

Visuddhimagga or Teachings of Joshu or Be Here Now

Read, practise come back and ask again

This. It's kinda overrated

I think you're under the misconception that ego death is enjoyable.

First time I made it God's honest truth.

Don't even use /mu/ it's one of the images when you google ego death

>First time I made it God's honest truth

Well some other fucktards just like you have been. What happened, was it mentioned on an episode of Rick and Morty?

This. Pretty terrifying actually.

>Step 1: decide you want to dedicate your life to a creative art form (literature, as an example)
>Step 2: spend a decade reading and learning as much as you're able, consistently practicing and refining your original material
>Step 3: at some point, decide it's time to get serious and think about submitting and publishing and stepping into the proverbial ring and finally finding out if you're really worth a damn
>Step 4: work hard, damn hard, for another 5 years
>Step 5: burn out and don't write anything for a year
>Step 6: revisit your previous material and honestly, true objectivity to the best of your ability, compare it side by side with the early work of a couple of your favorite artists and some of the greatest of all time's work
>Step 7: look up the publication history of their early work
>Step 8: feel a terrifying sinking feeling that can best be described closest to the feeling of drowning as the realization slowly washes over you that none, absolutely none of your previous work matches any level of the work they were doing around 7 years earlier in their lifetimes, let alone their masterpieces or later achievements
>Step 9: ???????????
>Step 10: Profit?
Good luck with your ego death, OP. It's not as fun as it sounds.

This is how I get my fuck on.

Fucking this

STOP POSTING!

Shit. I forgot a step, OP.
>in the interim, work dead end job after dead end job and give yourself and others the excuse that you are only doing this to support your creative work and that, one day, you'll "write your way outta here," and don't attempt to get better at any actual career that actually pays money and actually supports you let alone, and God forbid, a family and then go on social media one day and look up exactly what your peers from high school are doing and do a quick calculation in your head of what they'll be doing with their lives at the next reunion compared to what you'll be doing with your life at the next reunion
Ego death is awesome, OP. Trust me, bro.

Honest to god, how old are you?
I'm scared and sure this will happen to me.

I am 33 years old. Hi kids.

Listen, motherfucker. I don’t know what you thought would happen when you picked me as your spirit animal, but you can take all that adorable woodland creature nonsense and shove it up your unenlightened ass. I’ve been around. I’ve seen shit. I fucked Bambi’s mother back when she was still hot.

That’s right, bitch. This ain’t gonna be some gentle cleansing of the soul. We’re not gonna skip through any dreamscape meadows together. We’re not gonna dip our cute little noses in any babbling brooks of mystic energy. I’m gonna drag your useless shrieking ego through the black forest shadow dimension until your higher consciousness can move through the eternal nothingness without fear of its own annihilation.

You think you’re ready for a vision quest? You’d better be, asshole. I’m gonna eye fuck so much ancient sacred wisdom into your thick human skull that time and space will melt away into harmonic vibrations of universal oneness.

Go ahead. Whisper your darkest fears and deepest secrets into my furry little ears. I’m the righteous guardian of your fate, and I’ve already seen your death.

Ego death is the most self-centered "ego" thing you can experience.

You could have just let the thread die

Das right

cringe

The guy who originated the term changed his mind, said it's not real, and disparaged the apparent spiritual benefits.
What you want is phronesis. The ego cannot die in self-indulgence. You must go outside and skin your knees.

yes it is you puss

Are you content with your decisions?

Dhammapada

Closest answer, sustained meditation should induce it.

Read the koans in the Blue Cliff record and Mumonkan, also there is no such thing as an ego you scientifically illiterate fuckwit
horribly plebeian and not at all anything to do with what Buddha or the Arhats taught user

>tfw the inner and outer world become one
>tfw you’re whole life melts away into a dream your soul was having in the void/God
>tfw you’re pretty sure you’re either about to die or you’ve completely ruined your brain
>tfw you pray just to come back and be normal again
>tfw you try to comfort yourself by reading 1 Corinthians 13 but you feel nothing
>tfw you take a shower and look at your naked self in the mirror
>tfw it all slowly recedes and you start to feel normal again
>tfw you deal with all the baggage from that trip for months but one day you finally accept what it is and a great burden feels like it’s lifted
>tfw still deal with what feel like consequences of that trip and can’t figure out if it ultimately changed you for the better or worse or if it even matters at this point

There’s a way of seeing the world that I’ve gained from the whole ordeal that most of the time makes me think it was worth it, but somedays I feel like it was a mistake. Either way, I have to live with it now.

ON STEP 5 OH FUCK

bee careful

you already have

I'm addicted to this feeling. Any time I do a psychedelic I want to get so fucked up that I have no idea where the fuck I really am. It scares me but it's like a roller coaster that I never wanna get off.

I have an easier ond
>1
Don't be a pussy
>2
Write what you wanna read
>3
Continue not being a scared faggot
>4
Submit