ITT: Philosophers who were ridiculed at their time but turned out to be right

Donald Trump

what an ugly poo

incidentally he is not a philosopher and plutocracy is never 'right'

Is Trump the physical embodiment of shit posting?

I love this dude. Can't wait for less Americans on the web.

Why would there be less Americans on the web?

Because some will just choose not to buy the Veeky Forums package

I don't know what you're talking about.

i dunno lol

Yeah, let's talk about this on literally every fucking board

Wtf is wrong with you?

From what I understand you're worried that some businesses will sell things that customers don't want. I don't know why you would think that would happen because it would make economic sense. Even if customers were forced to buy whatever an ISP is selling they're still hurting their brand which is likely more valuable than the company itself.

>dude, ISPs are gonna immediately make the Internet really shit for Americans
At worst they'd slowly roll out the idea of website packages. They couldn't make money if they just made the Internet suddenly shit. At the same time I'm still cautious as to what will happen with the rule change, I hope very much that the FTC can do its job in this, they have published literature on Net Neutrality and it's very apparent that they support it.

>At worst they'd slowly roll out the idea of website packages.

Why is it a bad thing? This would enable ISP's to provide tailored and lower cost internet options to many customers. I only use a certain number of websites and a fairly low amount of bandwidth yet I'm forced to pay for so much that I don't use.

There wont be any cheaper packages, only more expensive ones. Why on Earth would a business charge you less than they are now?

>This would enable ISP's to provide tailored and lower cost internet options to many customers.

sounds very plausible user

what a simpleton, give them the right to do so and they will jew you as much as they can

If I'm not saving money on the deal then I wouldn't buy it.

Nobody is forcing me to buy anything. This is all just theoretical anyways because I've seen nothing to suggest that this is actually what ISP's intend to roll out.

Fuck I love being European.

now I can finally get other hobbies

Because then what about sites not in any package?

because that poster is a retard

I can't imagine being this moronic.

What about them? If I were to buy a package deal then it would be because I don't care about those websites.

>this is your brain on /pol/

Because that's what we're already seeing in phone data plans? As long as there's enough competition the price will always be driven down, and the other thing the FCC is working on, under Pai, is increasing ISP competition. An awful lot of apartment dwellers are going to see their ISP options increase thanks to him.

what's your up/download speeds friend? 250kbps?

because they want to give back.

This is typically how these NN discussions go. One side has arguments and is seeking explanations and the other has insults and fear mongering.

1000 Mbit/s both friend.

>he thinks americans have better internet than yuroples

o i am laffin

This is undeniable.

Man, you aren't kidding. I came to my decision mostly through reading academic papers on the issue, but fuck has this solidified my certainty. The amount of hyperbole is ridiculous.