Recent Purchases Thread

Rate, hate, bait

At least rename the file.

My purchases from the last month or so (I also have a printed and bound copy of the essays that should have been included in the Landmark Caesar scheduled to be delivered next week).

Posting from Australia? Anyways, haven't read any of these; let us know how you find them after reading!

Some solid books there. Whoever bought them has some good reading to look forward to.

I fucking wish they'd do away with these clunky hardcovers of Pratchett and just publish all of his novels, 5 to a book, in cheap, dense paperbacks, so you could have all his works in ten volumes.

is a famous shitpost that has been spammed in every "recent purchases" thread since August

Is the landmark caesar worth it despite half the critical essays being online?

>Is the landmark caesar worth it despite half the critical essays being online?
The translation is good so far, and the maps, notes, and discussions are excellent as is usual. It's a major disappointment to have the ancillary essays on a webpage instead of part of the volume itself (that's why I'm paying to have a copy of them printed and bound for me), but even so I think the overall formatting that carries over from past Landmarks makes it worth it, especially if you don't have a very firm grasp of the geography of the entire breadth of Rome at the time of the fall of the Republic.

>is a famous shitpost that has been spammed in every "recent purchases" thread since August
Yes; that's why I said 'whoever bought them' as opposed to 'you' But I suppose the best response is no response.

>heh, but of course, i knew the whole time

Gimme your opinions esp on memola and oilybecku

These are my purchases please validate me because I exchanged my life for objects that signify worth on a taiwanese theater company bulletin board.

Why is it a shitposts? I know the basic math thing is a little lolsy but we all gotta start somewhere; one must learn to factor before they can learn to do multivariate calculus.

It's copypasta in a thread that asks about a personal experience.

Ok I'm still missing it. Can I get further reading or context? It seems like a normal image to me, rien de la louche à moi

Rien de louche. Bad habit.

the original poster posted 4 different pictures, many of which involved books from the other recent purchases (of himself) just switched into the other piles to make them look bigger
it has been posted in almost every book pile thread for the last five months

Thanks for humoring me, kind user.

bump

I can't be bothered to take a picture, so I'll just list what I've picked up over the past week. Mostly to cover the numerous trips I'll have to make over the Christmas period.

Amulet by Bolano
Annihilation by VanderMeer
Hello America by Ballard
Dhalgren by Delany
War and Revolution: Rethinking the Twentieth Century by Losurdo
The London Hanged: Crime And Civil Society In The Eighteenth Century by Linebaugh

(last two were Verso sale pickups)

I just read Amulet, did so in one sitting. It's fantastic can't wait to delve into his more famous works.

god i love these ff editions

which texts are included in that jung?

>I fucking wish they'd do away with these clunky hardcovers of Pratchett and just publish all of his novels, 5 to a book, in cheap, dense paperbacks, so you could have all his works in ten volumes.
>small to mid sized hardbacks are clumsy
>tome sized paperbacks are not

>Anyways, haven't read any of these
Neither have I
>let us know
Sure ;)

>evola
>feuerbach
Why do you hate christians?

>Why do you hate christians?
Who wouldn't?

How's that Lauren Groff book?

Don't know yet; from the press I remember it getting expect I'll roll my eyes a good deal while reading it. It was only $4 though, so I figured it was worth taking a flyer.

Read 'introduction to the study of the hindu doctrine' by rene guenon

Second from the bottom is Paradise Lost if it's not clear, my phone camera is fucked.

buy e-reader you retards and get the best editions

>seeking validation from your purchases
kys

>sharing your opinion anonymously

kys

Feurebach presents the faith pretty well desu

One of the best analyses I'm aware of

Nice!

Still on the way but
Blood Red Snow: A German Memoir on the Eastern Front-- Guenter Koschorrek

Becoming Orthodox-- Fr. Peter Gillquist

repost

Paradise Lost & Doctor Zhivago

Been meaning to pick up that Don Carpenter book.

Long ships is fucking great