youtu.be/BpwH0i0l0po
youtube.com/watch?v=dwEm-rU5sAE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

English

body language

latin

episcopalian

lol

Ancient Greek, Latin, French, German, Russian, English.

Most of the greats wrote in those languages.

Then why'd you learn it languagecuck

American

because of its 0 difficulty?

Linear A

If you could only learn one, which of those would you choose?

French. Portuguese in close second.

Esperanto

English is my native language, but German is the obvious choice.

Maybe you should formulate a correct and coherent sentence before being condescending.

fpbp

Apart from English?

Russian, for sure.

Portuguese? Spanish is more Veeky Forums than Portuguese due to the contribution of Cervantes. Portuguese isn't even a top 10 Veeky Forums language.

The answer to all Veeky Forums related questions is always "start with the Greeks", so in this case the answer is Ancient Greek.

ctrl+f: "italian" 0 results

fucking plebs

t. shitalian

Least important Romance language. Even Romanian has contributed more.

u win the goddam lottery go out fuking

I don't know. I put Italian in the same category as Spanish. That is, they both have 1-2 great writers max.

Italian: Dante, and Machiavelli.
Spanish: Cervantes.

Of course, Dante and Cervantes were both heavy-hitters and some of the greatest writers ever (top ten, sure) but they don't hold their languages up to the standards of other tongues like English, French, Ancient Greek, Latin, Russian, German, etc.

>Eurocentric is not haunted by the vast library of work from other languages and can't even recognise their influence in the narrow band he chooses to see.

What languages outside of Europe are Veeky Forums? Perhaps Hebrew and Aramaic. Can you think of others?

>implying the burden is on me to reach beyond the vast library left for me that I will never even dream to finish if I spent a lifetime trying rather than the burden be on yours to be so good that I'd be forced to
And yet, here we are

This

Greek has better literature on the whole, but is less influential on Western literature and civilization, and Ancient/ Koine Greek is much, much harder to learn for english speakers

this

captcha: rosa park

Literally God's language for the modern world.

>and Ancient/ Koine Greek is much, much harder to learn for english speakers
Sperg-tastic argument

English desu

>Italian & Spanish
>they both have 1-2 great writers max.
This fucking website.

>English desu
ironic

You know the answer

>ITT psueds judge the merit of the language based on the media produced on it.

And just the quantity, at that. My answer would be: spanish, italian, arabic, german; just beautiful sound. I absolutely hate portuguese and french. Only the classic languages should be judged by what's written on them

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT ANGLO SUPREMACISM

Finnish

>treating language as anything more than a tool
Language to literature is what brush to painting, or camera to film

Indo-European.

ты знaeшь oтвeт

>Arabic
>German
>beautiful
I bet you like to fuck hippos

>1-2 Great writers max
*nglos

t.gypsy from B*karest

I don't need a brush to contemplate a painting.

English, French and German. Why limit yourself to one ?

Literally the most pseud brainlet retard comment I've seen on Veeky Forums.

Unequivocally English

Russian and English.

This.

>Owis, jesmin wl̥nā ne ēst, dedork’e ek’wons woghom gʷr̥um weghontn̥s - bhorom meg'əm, monum ōk’u bherontn̥s. Owis ek’wobhos eweukʷet: K’erd aghnutai moi widn̥tei g’hm̥onm̥ ek’wons ag’ontm̥. Ek’woi eweukʷont: K’ludhi, owi, k’erd aghnutai dedr̥k'usbhos: monus potis wl̥nām owiōm temneti: sebhei ghʷermom westrom - owibhos kʷe wl̥nā ne esti. Tod k’ek’luwōs owis ag’rom ebhuget.

You sound learned. Have you ever tried adding banana leaves to your private time?

English no doubt

The language I like most.

Are you implying some camera's ad brushes aren't better than others?

Danish

Philosophy : German
Lit : French
Religion : Italian
Politics : Spanish
Advertising, buisness and music : English

>French literature
ok

wrong
>Philosophy: German and Greek
>Prose: French and German
>Poetry: Italian and French
>Religion: Latin
>Science: English

Kek you didn't add poetry so there's no reason to take your opinion seriously
>Philosophy : German
>Lit : English
>Poetry: French
Italian poetry is good to

Name other great writers in Italian and Spanish. Not good ones. Great ones. The highest literary echelon.

>ctrl + f: persian
>0 results
fucking t*rks

This is an English language board, and this board is biased towards works written originally in English, so English.

patricians, all modern languages are degenerated forms

>politics
>Spanish

Lol. Spanish is Italian's retarded cousin m8. Not much use except to speak to Spanish speakers

Latin for reading
French for speaking
Chinese for poetry.

>Citizen Kane is a terrible film because it wasn't shot in 4K IMAX
>Schools of Athens is a terrible drawing because it hadn't been done with expensive modern art supplies

I really want to get into some Esperanto expatriate literary community. The fantasy is set in some seedy Moroccan hash den.

>it's old and not longer used so its gud
t. every latinfag

Sumerian

Get rekt modern bois

I'm Portuguese and I agree that Portuguese sounds awful but written Portuguese is no different from Spanish and what's we are talking about, best languages to write books in, not to talk. But now that you mention, Arabic sounds worse than Portuguese and French together.

it is a beautiful tongue tho user, much nicer to listen to than Spanish or Arabic

agreed
youtu.be/BpwH0i0l0po

>The Greats
Fuck off, subhuman humanist.

v nice, im jealous of the statue’s obliques and that man’s voice got me all hot and bothered. gonna go jerk off to some statues now

wut

Sounds like Italian. And Italian is ugly. Spanish sounds better.

The aesthetics of the Romance languages goes like this: Spanish > Romanian > French > Italian > Portuguese.

t. Jose Ferdinando De Castilla El Memador

They're all disgusting.

And Petrarca, Leopardi, Borges, Garcia Marquez...

t. John "El Obscuro" Tyrone Smith

We dont even know how latin actually sounded like

it sounded like latin duh

>what is restituta

from best to...
>latin (above ancient greek simply for the fact that ancient greek died while latin is still the langauge of the catholic church, so its a language that transcends nation/territory, wherever you go, at least in the west, there will be masses in latin and priests that speaks latin)
>ancient greek
>italian
>portuguese
>french
>spanish
>romanian
>deutsch
>english

English is the greatest language to ever exist and also has the most translations so go fuck your mother before I do it for you

>needing translations
nice angloposting

GET OUT OF MY LANGUAGE YOU UNGRATEFUL FUCK

>le Portuguese is ugly meme
Amerimutt detected

nothing personnel, user. I judged more the language itself than its literary tradition, obviously. English have excellent authors, in fact, my favorite author wrote in english, and I can't imagine any other languages being the "official international language", so, no hate at all

It is ugly. Brazilian niggers sound like apes speaking it.

All good. Not great.

The greats are greats because they wrote in those languages.

unironically danish/swedish/norwegian

depends who you hear talking, mongoloid. What you are doing is equivalent of judging english by listening to a redneck talk, fucking disgusting. If you only see niggers in favela speaking, obviously it will be ugly

Okay, give me a good example of a nice sounding Portuguese speaker

youtube.com/watch?v=dwEm-rU5sAE

ahahaha Brazil is the dumb shit that happens when race mixing is allowed, fucking ape language

Sanskrit.

English, German, French, Russian, and Sanskrit
With those 5 languages you can read 95% of all important works in their original languages.

You didn't get it.
German is philosophical language because there is a lot of concept you are only able to express in german (Hegel and Heidegger are proofs). Not because the best is wright in this language (this is the case tho).
>French for lit and poetry
German is to ugly for this even if it's practical
>Religion : Latin
Too ugly too, Italian is better (listen to Pope speechs)
>Science : english
Don't see any reason for this, science can be done in any language (even if chemestry and physics vocabulary are mostly in german)

No reason at all to separate lit and poetry.
English lit is mostly using french words (but I'm agree that english has more word than french).

True. But there is more evolution and political creations in spanish countries than in any other country during the 20th century. (Spain, Cuba, Chlie, Venezuela...)