thomism.wordpress.com/
classicaltheism.boardhost.com/
goodreads.com/review/show/2166074553
chronologia.org/en/index.html
chronologia.org/en/car_slav/index.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_milk_miracle
twitter.com/AnonBabble

love the pic

Well, what do you respond to more? Truth, beauty, goodness, logic, science?

I don’t know the Bible? Torah? Quran?

Plato

Joseph and His Brothers :>

Zen

Solzhenitsyn, Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Dante.

To become theist you must not read books, keep your brain atrophied.

Kierkegaard

I don't know. I respond most to truth and beauty, I suppose. Ironically the "Rebellion" chapter from The Brothers Karamazov really did me in, when Ivan talks about the example of the little girl locked in the outhouse, I was destroyed. It took the best argument I knew of that could contradict the idea of a loving God, and thrust it right in my face, and shattered me.

What will these things show me? Beauty? I know how beautiful the stories are - how poetic, how literary. That doesn't make them any more true, or the idea of a loving God any more believable, in this rotten world.

Also, Descartes.

Not incidentally, they're all shit.

pascals wager is all you need my friend

I might understand why you don't like the Russians, but why don't you like Dante?

Revolt against the modern world

No, he doesn't.

Do you know that?

Honestly man, learning about the theology of Catholicism strengthened my faith. I converted from atheism for the sake of love and I'm a very reason based, logical, rational person.

>beauty
But back to the theology part. A book that struck chords with me was
>Catholicism edited by George Brantl
It's on Amazon I believe.
It's filled excerpts from Council writings, the Bible, theologians, and saints. The Editor also will comment and elaborate in between. It is a beautiful book.

You ought to also read the >Psalms in the Bible.
It's so poetic and beautiful man... I suggest the Douay-Rheims version. It's online.

>The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis
is amazing as well.

There is also a wonderful priest Fr. Mike Schmitz from >Ascension Presents on Youtube
and he is truly in touch with the love of God. His talks (the longer videos) are also fantastic. You might even cry...

>for truth
Regarding truth, I highly suggest watching youtube videos and debates on there.
>William Lane Craig(protestant, argues for a mere Christianity) is the best guy out there.
>Catholic Answers
is another Youtube channel and man if you have a question or concern on truth, they will most likely have a video for it.

>one more thing

My brother, the fact that you desire to not be an atheist is so beautiful. God has opened a door for you. To genuinely desire to truly know God and truly love Him is strong man... Seriously, it warms my heart to hear your concern and desire. I guess it reminds me of when I converted when I was just 17 years old. I will pray for your journey and your conversion. God bless you man.

>one more suggestion
Call a local Catholic church. tell them you're an atheist and you seek to believe God. They will be so loving, thrilled, and happy to hear from you. God bless you brother.

go outside

It is not about reading

As much as it is

About being

How Can you. Look at. The Lake and the m m ms about the sun

And not be a beeeeleeeeeeever

Go to the beach in winter where you will find God sprawled out on the ice humming a nice winter tune hmmmmmm

Drunq

>Catholicism edited by George Brantl

My parents used to have that on the bookshelf. It looked kind of dry and dusty and boring, so I never read it. (I did read other books, such as the fascinating Radio Replies by Rumble and Carty.)

Perhaps will pick up a copy now... wish it were a trifle cheaper. Thanks for the tip.

amazon.com/Catholicism-Meaning-George-Brantl/dp/B00CO70BPG

>more regarding truth

There are many miracles and apparitions with scientific proof backing them. Not only are they supported by scientific studies, they are so beautiful and hold great symbolism and meaning in them.

>Our Lady of Guadalupe
The Virgin Mary appeared and left a miraculous image that has supernatural properties to it.

>youtube.com/watch?v=_I-3CJUraCE&t=1s

>The Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano
The Eucharist, the host of the full body and blood of Jesus Christ physically turned into flesh of a heart and began to bleed. An Italian scientist did a study on it and the facts are astounding... This link has some of the big facts from that paper from the Italian Scientist (Linoli was his name).
>therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html

>Our Lady of Lourdes
The Virgin Mary appeared to a young girl in this grotto by a river. And we people would interact with that place, miraculous healings would occur...
Here's a wiki link to the Lourdes Medical Bureau and it has the notable cases on the page.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lourdes_Medical_Bureau

>video on the historical facts of Jesus's Resurrection

>youtube.com/watch?v=YBJRvsc0Rik

I hope these help too user

get a used one, that's what I did. Mine was like $7? Something like that.

And oh shoot, that quite the coincidence. Intriguing...

I'm glad to help

Books:

Five Proofs of the Existence of God
The Pensées
The Consolation of Philosophy
Proclus' Elements of theology
Summa contra Gentiles
First part(QQ. 1-119) of Summa Theologica

Blogs:

lastedenblog.wordpress.com/
edwardfeser.blogspot.com/
thomism.wordpress.com/

Message board:

classicaltheism.boardhost.com/

I second this

Aristotle and advaita vedanta did it for me. Also, a really intense acid trip in between.

Though it makes this life more dull. In the sense that this world is filled to the brim with degenerates. Atheists and materialists and hedonists. I hate them.

How bad is it?
Are you absolutely certain god doesn't exist? (treatable)
Or do you suspect there is a better than average chance that he doesn't exist? (you're fucked)

I just discovered Fr. Mike Schmitz and have watched a couple of his videos!

Also just started reading Mere Christianity for the first time.

>Torah
>making anyone believe in God
kek, there's a reason so many Jews are atheists nowadays.

Awesome user! His talks at those youth Catholic events are fantastic. And wonderful! you'll enjoy it

The Tao Te Ching and the Bhagavad Gita have things in common iirc. And their format makes them easy to read.

>Or do you suspect there is a better than average chance that he doesn't exist?
>(you're fucked)
This is why I think Pascal's Wager is a bad argument to convince someone to convert. You have to have faith to believe in God. Belief based on logic and statistical odds is a secular practice, and will condemn you to hell.

>he can't prove God exists with pure rethoric

Faith withouth philosophy is sentimentality, or zealotry, while philosophy without faith is just mental speculation.- Prabhupada

These are all good. The Case For Christ was especially interesting to me as a fan of history.

It still seems to be a viable path to a sincere faith. If someone becomes religious without faith through Pascal's Wager, so be it. To me that's a foot in the door.

Like if a guy came up to me saying
>I have faith now. Thank you, Pascal; it began with your wager.
I would be glad!

The wager postulates you should believe in God out of fear instead of love (though he should still be feared).

I don't know if it will clear your atheism, but "my confession" by tolstoy is really good, it is short too

In Search of Time since hopefully by the time you've finished you'll be old enough to think for yourself regarding religious choice

>he can't prove God exists with pure rethoric
You can't.

Well yeah, can a man not be scared of God then come to love Him later? Both are legitimate reasons to believe.

I came to faith through love. It was proposed to me that I should believe in God for the sake of love. That would not be in negation of believing for the sake of reason or goodness. All three are paths that end with God and they do not discriminate against one another. Why would fear and love of God be any different?

I mean yeah it is quite unconventional to come to love God after fearing Him first

You can't, you need trepanation/advanced orthotropics (you need to be able to move tongue behind soft palate, and touch nasal cavity

>all these Christfags
>they will never explain why their niche religious expression is anything other than an example of cultural influence

Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, and then, perfect love casts out all fear.

Why would you fear something that loves you unconditionally?

I wont tell you because you are a filthy atheist

*turns you back to God*

>converts

It’s more of the fear of having cut yourself off from God’s love by turning away from him, at least that’s been my experience. I think, too, in another way it can even refer to what we might call being awestruck, suddenly having some kind of recognition of God’s trancendent power. Those moments of the sublime, when we’re humbled by creation, or we suddenly become aware of our own contingency. It’s not necessarily fear as we usually know it but a feeling that startles us into a realization.

He loves us so much, He can never impose us to love Him. This is true to the point of death. If we decide reject Him, He will love us so much to respect our sincere decision to go to Hell. We fear Him because of His power to make our decision to enter Heaven or Hell is apparent and at work.

you worship a blood god, thought form

Nothing that could be expressed in a Veeky Forums post would be convincing to you. I've already posted a chart of books that you should read if you want to find out more. The answer to your question can be easily explained over thousands of pages.

Oh

Have

You

Not

Read

Him?

>Five Proofs of the Existence of God
Can you, or anyone else, provide a refutation of the critique expressed here?:
goodreads.com/review/show/2166074553
The guy seems articulate and quite authoritative in his dismissal. I'd like to know what someone who has read the book and is much better versed in philosophy than me thinks about that person's rebuttal of Feser.

>wat

he doesn't believe in the old germanic faith; he doesn't recognise lord odin as the head of the gods; he doesn't accept that baldr will return after ragnarok; he fell for the tricks of loki; he scrambles around Veeky Forums projecting gay fantasies, accusing others of larping and being a general deus vult christfag

I certainly have. They all amount to "I want it to be like this because I was cultured in this way." Cry more, false apologist.

Brothers K. Took a long time for the Christianity effect to wear off of me.

>converts

Your gods were buried by a dead jew on a stick

The motherfucking Greeks.

yeah and he was a cool jew and it was a great stick

Quo Vadis had a profound effect on me

No you haven't.

(((He))) beat your liddle owdiewodie

The mask has been removed from your nature worship, the pantheon is a dead metaphor incapable of rising again

Pascal's wager is all you need to become even more of an atheist.

This

You don't "cure" being right, retard.

>atheism
>right

Moloch? Nice try, Loki.

>I I gotta have f-faith in thor
>F-FOR THE WHITE RACE

sad

AYO
hol up, hol up
SO YOU BE SAYIN
we wuz semites
SHIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEET

Every single fricking time, some catholic poser will namedrop Aquinas.
Well I figured it must be amazing then. Read the whole fricking Suma. Damn I had free time back then.
Anyway the whole part that concerns the proofs of God is hardly developed, it could fit on a single sheet. It all amounts to "if you believe in Aristotle metaphysics God is real, and I can't stop sucking Aristotle's cock for a minute". Damn what a waste of time.

I haven't read Five Proofs yet, but this read like a long sperg rather than a review. A lot of the arguments are directed at not having established the positions enough, but they are delved into more in other works so that may be the problem.

I hope you understand that the ST isn't as concerned with proving God as SCG or De Ente et Essentia. Relatively few articles deal with that and it assumes you've read a lot of stuff before so I don't get why people don't recommend SCG a lot more.

>Read. The Divine Comedy, Paradise Lost, TBK, Confessions by Augustine, Moby Dick.
>Plan on reading OT & NT, City of God, The Canterbury Tales & Clarel (I tried already but there's way too many references I don't get)
>Still an atheist without any faith in a supernatural being that isn't some Lovecraftian monstrosity
I love what religion has done but there's no reason to believe in it unless you truly find peace in the belief.

OP, none of these books are gonna help you not be an atheist anymore. You need to experience the divine in order to be convinced, to do this I would recommend high dosages of psychedelic drugs. Try psilocybin mushrooms to start with

>thinking for a second I would read anything written by a professor at Oh*o State

This

Because our souls are our responsibilities and that's the heaviest burden to carry

The Brothers Karamazov

Fucking idiot; Aquinas has the initial part previewing the five proofs. Then he goes in-depth after the little introduction to them

I agree, Plato. And Jung. These two helped me because they weren’t writing from inside the church. Churchy people don’t realize how presumptuous and stuffy they sound to people on the outside. I still can’t read most Christians, but I am a Christian and a strong theist

>I hate them
What a great and loving servant of God you are...

Just stop. Aquinas' arguments exist only to strengthen the beliefs of those that already have faith, they are not going to be very useful for OP.

You should read "History: Fiction or Science" Fomenko Nosovskiy

Created finally in the XVI century A.D. and accepted today chronology and history of the ancient and medieval world, evidently contains big mistakes.
Many outstanding scientists understood it and discussed during a long period of time. But it appeared to be a difficult task to build a new, non-contradictory concept of chronology.
Starting from 1975 a group of mathematicians, mainly from the Moscow State University, were engaged in the development of this problem. Interesting results were received and published both in scientific periodical print and in separate monographs. We underline, that new concept of chronology is based, mainly, on analysis of historical sources WITH THE METHODS OF MODERN MATHEMATICAL STATISTICS and vast COMPUTER CALCULATIONS.

The task of chronology is to put in order the events into proper way on a temporary scale based on the available information. This task naturally fits into the field of applications to modern mathematical statistics, theory of information. The methods of humanities, one of which is history, are not enough for solving chronological issues. New chronology imposes another psychological picture of perception of the antiquity. Now the word "antiquity" should be connected with XV-XVII centuries A.D. that is with the events, distant from us on 300-400 years. Expression "high antiquity" should now relate to the XIII-XIV centuries A.D. And the words "the highest antiquity" – are already the XI-XII centuries A. D. BEFORE THE X-XI CENTURIES A.D. THE EPOCH OF SILENCE OF WRITTEN DOCUMENTS COMES. (See the book RECONSTRUCTION).
Our analyses of the chronology and history opened a striking circumstance. Based on the applied by us mathematical methods it was proved, that the Scaligerian chronology, and therefore also the Scaligerian history of the "antiquity" and the Middle Ages, is totally wrong. Moreover, it appeared that our history right up to the end of the XVI century was consciously falsified at the epoch of the XVII-XVIII centuries.

chronologia.org/en/index.html
Also you should read "TSAR OF THE SLAVS"
chronologia.org/en/car_slav/index.html

The book "Tsar of the Slavs" is devoted to the received by the authors dating of the Birth of Christ with 1152 A.D. and the resulting reconstruction of the history of the XII century. For the first time this dating was received by the authors in 2003 and since that time found many confirmations. The book contains only new results. It is the second edited and supplemented edition.

The indicated dating of the epoch of Christ is final, as it is received by means of independent natural-scientific methods. It ideally corresponds to the statistical parallelisms...

A new step in the reconstruction of the universal history lets us look at the place of Russian Orthodoxy in the Christianity in an absolutely new way.

To the frustrated a mass movement (cults or religion) offers substitutes either for the whole self or for the elements which make life bearable and which they cannot evoke out of their individual resources.

Weak passive nihilists attach themselves to religions and become cucks, the strong Alpha Active nihilists create their own meanings,

Don't be a religious cuck

> inb4 le funny fedora maymay

God fucking damn it, OP. I had a 3-paragraph message almost finished, then I sneezed, and when I sneezed the tab crashed and I lost what I wrote.

See if there's any Alpha courses nearby. You can check the videos out on Youtube. See if any churches nearby provides free meals, if so, go get yourself a nice plate of food and see if you can find some Christians to chat with. See what Christianity means to THEM, hear some stories, maybe tell some of your own. The Salvation Army is good too, seems to be quite a Christian organization. Talk to people, OP.

Yoga Vasistha. It'll cure you of many things.

Ganesh has appeared to his devotees as well.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_milk_miracle

Tell us what your Viking faith means to you.

Is this pasta? It seems like pasta

intriguing...

I'm Catholic, but you know there needs to be something said and vetted about these strange occurrences, like the burning monk, that's so unbelievable...

>Getting poisoned by picking the wrong fungus
>Having a waking nightmare from a bad trip that you won't suddenly jolt out of, and have to wait a few hours to cool off
>Having your latent schizophrenia/bipolar awakened by a mushroom
Try again, sweetie.

>Plato
Won't hurt
>Tolstoy, Dante.
heretics
>Kierkegaard
heretic
>Descartes
misunderstood and underrated, but no
the ultimate heretic leading all of the West into apostasy
Check out Gregory the Theologian and St Maximos
>Aristotle and advaita vedanta
ayyyy
>Tao Te Ching
pic related
>it was a great stick
the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness
You really did get memed. You're not wrong. Your mistake was believing the Latin meme that Aquinas is the height of theology, when he's just the rehashed Aristole + rehashed Plato + rehashed Philo of philosophy
>Plato. And Jung
i almost got mad for a second

Read John's Gospel.

>>Tao Te Ching
>pic related

Sorry. A devotee should be more compassionate than God himsef.

But i can't stand wiful ignorance

Your understanding of christianity is impressively childish and retarded.