NOBEL PRIZE

WELL IF I GO DOWN DYIN YOU KNOW
SHE BOUND TO PUT A BLANKET ON MY BED

>WELL, A-CAPTAIN AHAB, UH-STARTED CUMM-ING IN MY TEETH

Well deserved desu. Name one more literate and poetic musician.
>inb4 Leonard Cohen

Ozzy Osbourne

Mc Ride

Morente (thinking in Omega). Literally poetry.

More poetic
>nick drake
More literate
>jim morrison

John Maus

> EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED

That's not how the song goes

Hey mr CIA man
You are small for me
I'm in charge here
And there is no place you're flying to

"Well and Isaac said unto the sailor, “take your coat,
Misery and complain, to the belly of the whale from in which
You came!” and flew into a ship with a thief in tow, behind
The faded light and the candle drip of the church in the light of
midnight's false noon. And I stand alone, and naked with no
other human near, so I rest my tired mind upon your ears, fiddling
melodies in from which where heard in the great, green ruins of
Peruvian kings, and lend your eyes to the stricken poet in shambles
and torn sheets under the angry sleet of the winter, concrete streets,
who shows you how to see, how to read the brambles. Tepid ministers
Heap their sorrows unto the souls of tenuous fortune, and Allen Ginsberg
Prefers my tight jew ass for whatever reason."

fucking genius

don't the moon look good mama
shining through the trees

don't the brake man look good mama
flagging down the double d

don't the sun look good
going down over the sea

but don't my gal look fine
when she's comin after me

i went to tell everybody
but i could not get across

don't say i never warned you
when your train gets lost

well if i go down dyin you know
she bound to put a blanket on my bed

I don't think so. Dylan paints with a much broader palate than Drake, but yes, I suppose he is less pretentiously literate than Morrison.
The Nobel for Dylan is a way of rewarding the US folk-music tradition and the Beat writers who influenced Dylan

that's the story of the Hurricane
his blood splattered on window pane
for something that he had never done
because Patty called the cops one time, he ain't no gentleman Jim, he never had a chance

Except Leonard Cohen so far outstrips lil Bob that the fact that he wasn't considered is a scandal

lol

Sweet Melinda, the peasants call her the goddess of gloom
She speaks good English and she invites you up into her room
And you're so kind and careful not to go to her too soon
And she takes your voice and leaves you howling at the moon

Cohen is a bad poet who set his verse to song and made something beautiful because of his delivery. He's very good at evoking images, but he doesn't use them to a further end most of the time. The closest he gets is in Democracy or Avalanche, which are two of my favourite songs by him.

Dylan is a great lyricist whose verses just so happens to be readable without the accompaniment of music. His writing filled a weird niche in a way Cohen's did not, and I do love Leonard Cohen's music. But I don't think people will look at his work in the future like they will probably do with Dylan's and say 'How the hell does this guy's mind work?'

she threw me outside
i stood in the dirt
where everyone walked

I don't get how people are so shocked he won. He is a poet just like any other. Even the Norton's Anthology of Poetry includes verses from Dylan.

fuck you this thread made me check if he was dead

There was nothing hinting at it at all. It says "NOBEL PRIZE" right in the title. Soon though

Bullshit.

Dylan was pop music. And a jew. His nobel had nothing to do with American folk music.

I say this as a Dylan fan. Woody appropriated, and Dylan is appropriation twice removed.

Leonard Cohen is meme tier nonsense.

He's great like (((Lou Reed))) or the (((the Ramones))).

Lol pepperoni

Lou Reed was great you pleb, well, Transformer was at least.