Ugly fuck books

are penguin black covers not the ugliest fucking books in the world? I only buy them if no other edition is around

No they're fine. What's really ugly are those horrible B&N Hardcovers.

B & N makes ugly books too, it's my 2nd worst

everymans is good

whooaaaa no NO NO NO

>tfw I like penguins designs

yeah but I can buy all 4 hemingway novels for $20 or spend $60 getting them all new, or $25 getting used copies at a bookstore, or $18 online. In the end, I'll take that leatherbound any day.

>buying books

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

>living in a capitalist society

THEY really are. The spines get disgusting. Although these blue ones are my favorite mass produced shits.

this cover makes Severian look like a dunmer from Morrowind

>portable Shakespeare
>not just memorizing all 38 plays, 154 sonnets, and two narrative poems
absolute plebs

yeah, the bigger the book the more likely that spine will crack. I fucking hate them.

The only Penguin books I own are the deluxe editions since they put more effort into them. I have a penguin black cover of Njals Saga but only because I couldn't really find another edition that was nice

got links to where i can get books for free?

just pirate them, the fuck?

I've seen one nice looking B&N hardcover and it was the second edition of 'the complete works of h.p. lovecraft.' the one with the black background and green and gold trimming.

deluxe penguins are not bad. I've got the 50th anniversary of Master and Margarita and The End of the Affair. love the first, second is alright but not bad.

where do i pirate books please? i need to read the colossus trilogy and i'm not willing to shill out $45 for the first book alone.

the genesis for your solution is a russian library

Kill me

user, I appreciate the clue but i must admit that I am rather dense and a bit of a pleb. Please be blunt and use small words?

ahahah look at those spines

oh my god...

OH MY GOD

and people say penguin classics are the worst. Oxford is fucking atrocious.

Yeah, Oxford is pretty ugly too. Not going to lie. But at least the spines hold up.

How is this even possible? Are you a chimp? I have literally never cracked a spine in my life

Oxford is the best by far, aesthetically and for translations/footnotes

Dickhead

B&N Arabian Nights aesthetic is great. Everything else is trash.

I fold books in half and usually hold them like this when I read it. But they were a dollar so I don't really care.

user means Russian Veeky Forums torrent trackers.

this is a blue board, please delete your picture

>those bracelets

please warn everyone else in the '90s about 9/11

I would if I could senpai
I lost 19 of my closest friends
As-salamu alaykum

This is the only way to enjoy paperbacks. If you're going to buy some ugly cheap edition of a book like an Oxford or a Penguin Classic why not read it as comfortably as possible?

no

CRACKED.COM

I like the little black classics, they're actually better physical quality than the normal classics.

I bought the Dalkey Archive version of this a few days ago and I'm excited to open it.

The cover art for that one is nice too.