Daily Quran thread

Daily Quran thread

>Quote of the day
Do they not see the birds controlled in the atmosphere of the sky? none holds them up except Allah. Indeed in that are signs for a people who believe. – Quran (16:79)

Other urls found in this thread:

muslimink.com/dawah/180-interview-umm-muhammad-saheeh-intl
meforum.org/717/assessing-english-translations-of-the-quran
muhammad-asad.com/Message-of-Quran.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought that was a picture of a thicc girl's ass with some sort of elaborate tattoo

You should use a translation other than Sahih International, it was done by some random women, not scholars of Arabic. The English is poor as well, I mean "the atmosphere of the sky"?

See this interview with the main translator: muslimink.com/dawah/180-interview-umm-muhammad-saheeh-intl

Abdul Haleem's translation is much more straightforward
>Do they not see the birds made to fly through the air in the sky? Nothing holds them up except God. There truly are signs in this for those who believe

Here's the Pickthall translation for an old school take
>Have they not seen the birds obedient in mid-air? None holdeth them save Allah. Lo! herein, verily, are portents for a people who believe.

im trying to read this right now...good lord Mohammad really wanted to get that point across that theres only one god didnt he

Kufr here, which Surahs would Muslims recommend to get a good understanding of the Islamic interpretation of the apocalypse? I'm wondering what is specifically expected to occur leading up to the end of days

Also that he's the most merciful and especially merciful, did I meantion that he was merciful?

Why the hell would a band of marauders & raiders relate to a merciful god?

I don't know dude, but it worked. It's right there in the first verse of the first surah

>In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

ultimate Veeky Forums gf - you fuck her and still manage to read your [insert your book here]

Which is the most literal English translation of the Qu'ran?
>inb4 learn Arabic you fucking kafir

Literal doesn't necessarily mean good, especially with the Quran which is written in difficult poetic arabic.

This article is a good overview:
meforum.org/717/assessing-english-translations-of-the-quran

Author is a professor of arabic, he particularly recommends the Arthur Arberry and Muhammad Asad translations. You can get a pdf of the Asad translation here: muhammad-asad.com/Message-of-Quran.pdf

Kindly move your religitardness to another board.

I know the koran is fiction so it kinda fits here, but there is enough hate in it to make Mein Kamf look tame.

Islam is a religion of peace.

> mfw

Return to r/thedonald redditfugee

“I do not know much about Mohammed or Mohammedanism. I do not take the Koran to bed with me every night. But, if I did on some one particular night, there is one sense at least in which I know what I should not find there. I apprehend that I should not find the work abounding in strong encouragements to the worship of idols; that the praises of polytheism would not be loudly sung; that the character of Mohammed would not be subjected to anything resembling hatred and derision; and that the great modern doctrine of the unimportance of religion would not be needlessly emphasised.”

The more I read Chesterton, the more I get the impression he didn't know what he was talking about.

Well, their god was merciful to them, and a complete savage towards anybody Mohammed hated. Makes you think.

The same as Yahweh then

Yahweh isn't described as meriful much. That's more of a New Testament development. Yawheh is jealous, petty, vengeful, moody, bipolar, and schizoid.

>Yawheh is jealous, petty, vengeful, moody, bipolar, and schizoid.

reminder that then name of god is "I AM"

so I AM Yaweh
I AM Jealous
I AM petty
I AM vengeful
I AM schizoid
I AM merciful (though not very)

You would think God would have a better understanding of flight.

All abrahamic religions are tribalistic in nature, with a god that is (sometimes) merciful towards his people and always a bloodthirsty maniac towards whoever the people of the time hated.
Jesus may have tried to soften these beliefs but what can you do when the whole religion is about destroying other tribes.

I also think he probably had a bit of self-loathing in him. That would explain all the other behavior. Jews are self-loathing, Gods are usually like their worshippers.

Poor Yawheh =-(

You could try not talking in such condescending ways about a deity that is struggling with some serious personal issues. As if dealing with his tribe, struggling to perform his divine duties, and fighting off crippling depression wasn't enough he now has a wife to deal with. A wife which showed up with a son he hadn't seen since he was born....and their sex life isn't too hot either.

And now he has to listen to YOU bring up all sorts of stuff in his past he's been trying to move past. Big fucking help you.

>none holds them up except Allah.

And here's me thinking it was because of Bernoulli's principle.

Who do you think made Bernoulli's principle? Checkmate atheists.