I'm rather new to Veeky Forums and only lurked here for a few weeks every now and than...

I'm rather new to Veeky Forums and only lurked here for a few weeks every now and than. I want to read most important philosophers and am in need for some sort of guide to guide me on my path. I know that I have to start with the philosophers of ancient times, currently on my list there's: Plato, Aristotle, Zeno, Epicurus and Aurelius (maybe Anaximander and Pythagoras too). But where should I go after I've read those? Are medieval philosophers/writers like Thomas Aquinas worth spending my time on or should I just skip the entire medieval period and go straight to the 'Enlightenment'? Also which philosophers are a must read? I plan to end my Veeky Forums journey with Evola and other western esoterics and traditionalists. Also, I have plenty of time to read so I can and want to go beyond just the main works of some philosophers.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1
counter-currents.com/2013/04/vedanta-meister-eckhart-schelling/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>But where should I go after I've read those? Are medieval philosophers/writers like Thomas Aquinas worth spending my time on
No. Only if you're a Christian. Read confessions by augustine anyway. You can read them after you've read kripke and quine and modern amerimutt metaphysics.

>I plan to end my Veeky Forums journey with Evola and other western esoterics and traditionalists.
Literally kill yourself, and fuck off crossboarder.

>crossboarder
Besides /k/, there is no other board that I visit. I quit /pol/ long ago because that place has gone to shit if it ever was good anyway. It's just full of retards, I can better invest my time in useful reading, rather than in reading 99% concentrated shitposting

lurk more brainlet

>am in need for some sort of guide to guide me on my path
I thought anyone who has browsed this board for a month has seen the googledoc philosophy guide

I haven't, does anyone has a link to the file?

>reading Phytagoras
Man I'd really want to do that too. Hook me up after you've been back in time saving his work.
>Zeno
Did you hear about him in basic calculus or why the fuck would you pick him over Parmenides?
>Anaximander
>literally 5 fragments about some apeiron cosmology without any reasoning or interesting/influence at all
Okay kid I think you really ought to start with some basic work covering the history of philosophy.

It's not because someone's works are not preserved, that his ideas and point of view are either. I'm sure someone wrote about Pythagoras' philosophies. And I meant Zeno of Citium, the 'first' stoic. I didn't know about Anaximander, that's why I asked

Are too*
Also which books are recommended on the history of philosophy?

just read Mein Kampf and Culture of Critique and the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion and IMPERIVM by Yockey. You’ll be good2go champ, also start lifting and drink a lot of milk and eat 5000 calories a day, and remember to DEADLIFT a lot because its a safe excercise. Also you should watch anime, its Aryan. And reas the Bible its a secret book about the lost tribes of Aryavarta and Aryan jesus. Also invest in Btc its anti-KIKE

Plato is a dickhead

Start and end with Schelling

t. Mutt

this but unironically

bump.

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1

If you're going to read Julius Evola.
I would start with Mysteries of the Grail.
Then the Hermetic Tradition. After you get those two down, you can go for the big three. Revolt. Men Amongst the Ruins and Ride the Tiger.

If you're looking for more esoteric works. I would suggest Savitri Devi for beginner level. But Miguel Serrano is who you're going to want to read.

Thanks user

The anime thing is not out there. For basic magic/esoteric theosophy, the Fate/Stay Night VN is actually good. Those things are kinda helpful when reading Evola.

I find this post fucking hilarious because this was literally me a few years ago.

Just start with tthe Greeks. Plato's a good place to start. very readable. Then just move on to what interests you.

>I plan to end my Veeky Forums journey with Evola and other western esoterics and traditionalists
Why don't you end your life instead? Illiterate cunt-bitch.

Evola got you covered here, mate.

*counter-currents.com/2013/04/vedanta-meister-eckhart-schelling/
Forgot link

Muh /pol/ boogeyman reee. Why can I smell the yank from your post

Read guenon before evola. If you have to read anything traditionalist, read 'introduction to the study of the hindu doctrines'. It's basically an introduction to traditionalism

I can smell the skinny, whiney little yank urbanite from here.