Which was his best book and why?

Which was his best book and why?

For me its the McChicken

"Best"? That's like asking what Nietzsche work is "best"-- it's the wrong qualifier.

His most essential work is Revolt Against the Modern World, but this is not to endorse jumping straight to it, as lots of preparatory reading is a good idea first.

Alright, fine. Which of Evola's works should one begin with?

Start with Rene Guenon first, he majorly influences both Evola and Dugin.

"The Multiple States of Being" is good.

This doesn't actually answer the question, though.

Right, because your question was "Which of Evola's works should one begin with?"

And I'm suggesting you not do that.

His best book is Revolt Against the Modern World, and his best why is 'Why does the modern world always gotta be ragging on me to clean up my room?'

Idk. But I can say that his essential works are "Ride the Tiger", "The Hermetic Tradition", "The Bow and the Club", "The Metaphysics of Sex" and all of his articles. All the rest is secondary or less interesting.

pfff kek

>it's a fucking spastic LARPer just wants to appear well-read episode

kek

The Mystery of the Grail lad

>That's like asking what Nietzsche work is "best"-- it's the wrong qualifier.
K but it's Birth of Tragedy, so give me answer

ONE OF US

Dugin hates Anglos why the hell is he in their capital?

To be honest I started with Evola's essays first. Then I bought "A Handbook for Right Wing Youth" by Arktos Publishing, which had some excerpts. After reading that I read, "Ride the Tiger", then "Men Among the Ruins", now I'm reading "A traditionalist confront's Fascism." Evola is probably in my top 3 favorite writer's. He's quotable, deep thinking, and has a tendency to make predictions that come true. Definitely a must read if your left or right of the political spectrum, next I'm reading "Metaphysics of Sex" by him which looks pretty good. Eventually by mid February I'm hoping to have read all of his works or at least most of them.

not sure what's his best, but this one is breddy gud and straightforward to get an alternative reading of buddhism and asceticism in general

also read the yoga of power and the hermetic tradition, but i think those are harder to follow unless you already read a lot about those themes

also yes, read guenon too, as Evola was a bit warped in his traditionalism and had some modern deviations in his thinking

It's the capital of his Judeo-Bolsheivik masters.

Read Ride the Tiger and liked it but still don't know what I should be doing other than becoming a pagan larper

DUDE JUST LIKE IGNORE SOCIETY BECAUSE IT'S NOT SALVAGEABLE AND EMBRACE YOUR NOBLE SPIRIT

As a person who lives in a place where it's easy to go mountain hiking, I can say start with Meditations on the Peak.

Then Revolt>Ride

Adopt children and make them your little own spartans.

If I’ve already extensively read Nietzsche, would I find Evola derivative or uninspired?

I've to hide while the degeneracy ramps up exponentially, evola really makes me think

Well, Nietzsche himself did not become an Overman, but actually lived according to the Ride the Tiger doctrine in a certain sense..

Evola references him a lot

The one in the recycle can

Nietzsche didn’t say he or anyone else was going to become the ubermensch at all. read N, don’t appropriate his name for political or social credit to your otherwise bankrupt name and mind

nobody gives a fuck about Guenon or especially Dugin

it's Beyond Good and Evil, pleb

his best is Ride the Tiger and you know it

>Picks the most popular disjointed polemic amalgamation over young passionate Nietzsche's analysis of the GREEKS

Read Philosophy in the Tragic Age of the Greeks and The Pre-Platonic Philosopher user-chan

not sure why you think disjointedness is a detriment, Nietzsche is anti-systematic at his best

fpbp