Say something to cheer this guy up

Say something to cheer this guy up.

Godot called he says he's totally on the way :)

you're dead

Not I.

>you will NEVER be as aesthetic a man as Beckett, no matter how much you lift or diet
>you will always look like a dumb normie and never have the literal face of a literary god/dark sorcerer
why even live?

just do meth my dude

you still have a NW0/0.5 hairline at that age

very impressive

A challenger approaches

Who's that smelly sea captain?

I love you daddy

imagine being this fucking aesthetic in 1920

>tfw you fail to kill Snape and then live long enough to become him

>imagine being this fucking aesthetic in 1920
you do know people were highly aesthetic in the
-1920s?

he's completely clueless about it

Yer a writer harry

proof or gtfo

Dude just watch Boardwalk Empire

>your argument is a TV show
OH MY GOD YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID HAHA

Its good though

who's in it? I don't watch much TV

Steve Buscemi and some other people

What was his actual problem?
Also was he aware how well his appearance fit his literature?

What was his actual problem?
Also was he aware how well his appearance fit his literature?

Pynchon has no 'problem'.

Pynchon's appearance doesn't fit his literature at all, he looks like an illiterate hick

>cheer this guy up
Dude, have you ever busied yourself with Sam's biography. This guy was quite a joker. He once was on a city tour through Paris with James Joyce and a lot of other intellectuals - well, he made the driver stop at every pub they came by; he and Joyce had a hell of a drinking spree while they ignored all the others. And most of his texts are really, really funny, too.

while I do appreciate tremendously this great anecdote, this does not mean he was always cheerful

he is my aesthetic

Yeah it only says he's Irish and Irish people are miserable as a rule

That's true, noone's always cheerful. But Beckett seemed to be a pretty life-affirming and funny person in general.

He definitely was but its cheerful inspite of everything rather than happy-go-lucky

>his appearance fit his literature
This is true for most writers. Think about DFW, Hemingway, Melville, Poe, Whitman, Chesterton, Nabokov. Can you imagine more fitting faces than the ones they have?

I have the impression that everything writers do is diary writing desu. It's impossible to truly separate a person's thoughts from their actions; the way they take care and present themselves is also a reflection of the way they think.

You know something. It's actually pretty weird how right this is. I can't think of an exception. But surely this is at least partially due to knowing what the author looks like while reading their book. Pic related, his big round face with its big round eyes always made him seem very dazed and dreamy to me, so it was weird when I finally picked him up and found that sure enough, the very first words of ISOLT were about dreaming. His face looks like a moon or a clock or an owl.

Why did you reply to pynchon poster as if he made the original quote?

Strangely for Chesterton and Nabokov I can picture them looking different. But yeah, people like DFW and Melville are way too on the nose for what they write

I didn't notice he was quoting someone else.

Ok well...its just.. I think you should have replied to my post because I started it originally, so i should have gotten that (you) with your admittedly astute observation and so without me you would have never written what you wrote, I just would have liked to be able to take a screenshot to show that your great bit of writing was able to exist due to me

>But surely this is at least partially due to knowing what the author looks like while reading their book

This has got to be it. If new borns were growing up and taught that Classical/popular book a,b,c,..d,...t,x,y,z

were written by "show the kids images of random people", we must assume the children after growing would have this same view, of thinking that the face fits the writing so well???? maybe????