Alright Veeky Forums after the disappointment that was The Last Jedi. I'm reaching out for a good Luke story post ROTJ...

Alright Veeky Forums after the disappointment that was The Last Jedi. I'm reaching out for a good Luke story post ROTJ. I'm finished with the Disney universe and will stick to legends since they're by far superior.

Can you please fuck off, you manchild

Asking for book recommendations nigger I'm in the right place

Autistic piece of shit

None of those would be the ideal place would they? Fucking autism having retard. Now recommended me a book faggot

Scratch that your faggot ass probably enjoyed TLJ

>not giving up on the series after TFA

I actually prefer the Hayden prequels.

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO GET OVER THIS CHILDISH BANALITIES BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN

Start with the Greeks

bane trilogy is GOAT

Star wars basically died after ROTJ. Sorry man, but it's kind of a reality.

Please don't bother reading any of the novels. Sad to say, as a teenager I owned around 50 of them. They're all terrible.

You're an adult now, and everything blows. Pick up a good addiction and get your dick sucked at every opportunity.

kotor2 has the best star wars narrative

yup this board is dead

you clearly have NOT read my diary

I'll never read a star wars book in my life but I'm playing KOTOR right now. Is this acceptable Veeky Forums? I'm not a manchild I'm reading Primo Levi..

can you stop being a faggot as a protest for not having mods who will do their jobs? you guys understand your behavior is childish, yes?

>seeking approval for things
nah, you're a manchild

This board is for literature. Books per se are just packets of information.

With Star Wars the pendulum seems to be swinging the other way, towards huge but empty spectacles where special effects - like the brilliantly designed space vehicles and their interiors in both Star Wars and 2001 - preside over derivative ideas and unoriginal plots, as in some massively financed stage musical where the sets and costumes are lavish but there are no tunes. I can't help feeling that in both these films the spectacular sets are the real subject matter, and that original and imaginative ideas - until now science fiction's chief claim to fame - are regarded by their makers as secondary, unimportant and even, possibly, distracting.

Star Wars in particular seems designed to appeal to that huge untapped audience of people who have never read or been particularly interested in s-f but have absorbed its superficial ideas - space ships, ray guns, blue corridors, the future as anything with a fin on it - from comic strips, TV shows like Star Trek and Thunderbirds, and the iconography of mass merchandising.

Childish in what way?

The Thrawn Trilogy is probably the best set of EU books ever written. It has:

>Competent bad guys
>Insane ancient jedi
>Luke Skywalker vs. his evil clone

I would also recommend Shadows of the Empire if you haven't read it. It sit between ESB and ROTJ, and has some pretty solid writing as well.

What do I need to read, if anything, before the Thrawn Trilogy?

Op here thanks anons downloaded and ready to read

everyone else eat a dick faggots

Only if it is KOTOR 2

it has a great premise and a lot of good individual parts, but doesn't come together as a whole nor does it move the premise forward in the way it should - ultimately, it fails in what it set outs to do

Nice, I'm on the third book so far. These are a good, fun read

Aside from the Thrawn Trilogy and Shadows of the Empire some other Luke stuff is the Jedi Academy trilogy. It has a lot of Luke attempting to train Jedi along with stories for the other mains.

Non-Luke: Darth Bane trilogy is awesome if you like that dark side flavor.
Darth Maul Shadow Hunter is pure action.

If you like air battles, you'll love the X-wing series. It reads like WWII dogfight books, but in space!

I still haven't taken the plunge on Disney stuff, but some of it looks interesting. I wish there was more Luke stuff in general.

Thank you going to start with Thrawn and shadows then Jedi Academy and finally bane this should hold me though the winter and in recovery from the bs I saw.

Honestly, nothing. These books redefined the canon and stand on their own.

see
KotOR 2 is subpar. The gameplay isn't improved in any way from KotOR, the characters are boring, and the plot struggles to keep itself comprehensible. Kreia could have been interesting if they weren't so obviously evil from the get-go.

>The Thrawn Trilogy is probably the best set of EU books ever written

I'd agree with this, but that still doesn't make them good.

It's kind of like saying cookies made out of feces are the best excrement based cookies ever made.

you are autistic. I hate this board and its full of 110 intelligence idiots but people like you are 90 at best.

make my fucking big mac you nigger and if you lobby for 15$ min again I'm going to cut off your medicaid and replace you ith a robot

fpbp

people like you demonstrate that fans of this autistic series are idiots

kotor 2 is one of the only remotely good things to come out of the entire property. it is basically about the fall of rome, caused by bureaucracy and democratic hubris (as opposed to secret assasination orders)

Good deal. There are lots of fun reads. I think what makes them a good is that they're easy to imagine and usually fast paced. They're good breaks from more serious books. I also love that there can be really any type of story because there is so much base content.

here

At one point in my misspent youth I had read something like 75% of all published EU novels. I'll make some other recommendations while we're all here.

is right, the X-Wing series is pulpy fun, lots of secret missions and dogfights. I recall enjoying the Jedi Academy Trilogy too.

Anything written by Timothy Zahn (the Thrawn Trilogy guy) is reliably good. I especially liked Allegiance, which has a squad of stormtroopers questioning their loyalty to the empire after the destruction of Alderaan.

I'm sure this will be much more controversial, but the New Jedi Order series had some solid books in it too. Let's just say the various authors weren't afraid to fuck up the galaxy and kill off a bunch of main characters.

I never read the New Jedi Order, but I feel like I may need to if the Disney books suck, just to have more of the wild west of the legends EU.

One underrated book I read was Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader by James Luceno. It's Vader adapting to his new body, testing his new powers and starting his reign of terror.

>Judges my intellect off if a few sentences.
>Fantastic!
>Great work!

Of* damit!

I've seen enough of you starniggers to detect a pattern

>Veeky Forums
>thinks star wars is meaningless
>reads the bible

you're doing something for attention and out of spite, you all know that this thread is offtopic, you know that its full of brainlets from /tv/ and /v/, you know that its a joke and that it was made as a joke, and decided to go along with it and bump it, sliding better threads, you know exactly what you're doing
you can judge a person's iq from their speech patterns and ability to problem solve in everyday situations.

There's some not-so-good books in the NJO, but it's been so long since I read through that I honestly can't remember which ones. They tapped a lot of the EU authors to write them, so you'll probably get a pretty good cross-section of the overall quality of books that way.

Ignore him, he's just baiting for (you)s.