What is the most horrifying philosophical concept or theory to you? For me, it's Parmenides

What is the most horrifying philosophical concept or theory to you? For me, it's Parmenides.

The lines of time are just a dimension. Our existence is like a roll of film. Our beginning from start to finish is being recorded as we live. However when the recording is done our existence will remain for eternity. We live in one never ending moment and our perception of time is just a perception. Everything is completed and frozen in a changeless and eternal state. We are both already dead and never dead at the same time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yJLhnts9-oQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You should try to read Culture of Critique by Kevin McDonald and realize that we are living in a nightmare reality

Communism

And Feminism

and Islam, but communism will always be worse.

see, you guys get it

Also the idea of extending human rights to Jews
And let's not forget Black Lives Matter. Makes one shudder from the sheer degenracy

All of eternity being an instant is kind of serene desu. In fact isn't realizing and sublimating this into peace the goal of enlightenment?

Christ

watch stephen molynew cucklord

No, I thirst for annihilation

Then annihilate, faggot.

This one time, when I was just about to fall asleep in my bed, I felt as if my perception became entirely unhinged from my self. I saw my past and a blur of possible futures all as a camera with no identity, only awarness.

If you take enough DXM your body and mind will stop existing and your spirit will just float off into space

Eternal Return

any kind of metempsychosis has me in cold sweats

Hell. It will always be Hell. In the world of an atheist antinatalist like Mainlander, supposedly one of the darkest ways to view the world, death is a "sweet sleep," the "annihilation of hell," as he said himself. And then there's Dante's world where yeah, there will be no annihilation of hell any time soon. Which one seems better to you?

Praise Him

But under a framework in which hell exists, there is also an ultimate good and those in hell deserve what they are given as judged by an infinitely wise God. Even Dante's version of hell, taken within the larger context of its ideology, is not an overall dark picture of the world.
A world in which there is no absolute except that for some reason everything that exists does so as a mistake, there is no good to balance out the horror. That is the darkest view you could have.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJLhnts9-oQ

any philosophy that inspires overriding emotion is false or being miscommunicated to you so that you perceive it falsely

your body is equipped to deal with any challenge, you are a human being, you have the makings of everything great that has ever been done inside you, and you can play along with any of the great things and turn them to your own interest

Is that what you got out of that book?

death is eternal conciousness

Fuck.

This is so vague i don't see what you find so terrifying. If you mean an eternity of consciousness as we know it in waking life that's literally proven impossible.

>literally proven
wasted dubs, why do the gods send such portents? what cud it mean??

Any past moment is, to physics, as if it all just happened at once. Consider a black hole. Yet any point of the future, no matter how soon, is an eternity away. Consider the big bang. Somewhere it's the end of the universe. Black holes exist in the future.

Yeah, you're not conscious at all, at least not in the sense/time perception we have now, when you're braindead.

nothing scares me more than eternal oblivion, especially the notion that it's unavoidable

>I'm my brain
t. brainlet

The idea that all humans share a single soul.

That's what I came up with when I was 16 lol. Still think it's the most satisfying idea, don't know why it's terrifying - your best moments are preserved and nothing can touch them.

Horrifying because it's true.

Well, word on the street is that we're all still separate entities/souls even on the astral astral plains. At that point, I wouldn't worry. Also I hate when pathetic people try to claim that me and them are "one," gross.

Should've been t. soullet

This is why I said your post was too vague. If we're talking about consciousness in an astral sense then to be terrified is stupid, since perception in that sense is so radically different from as you know it and has so many possible processes of its own that you couldn't really imagine.

1984 scared me when I was younger. Obviously it was a slight exaggeration of Communism but the world Orwell built creeped me out a lot.

Communism.

How is this horrifying at all? Are you a turbo-nerd?

“If there were no eternal consciousness in a man, if at the bottom of everything there were only a wild ferment, a power that twisting in dark passions produced everything great or inconsequential; if an unfathomable, insatiable emptiness lay hid beneath everything, what would life be but despair?” - Fear and Trembling

Eternal return. It makes me feel nervous and overwhelmed by the vastness of time.

Francis E. Dec is basically proto-Land

I'm both scared and intrigued by death. It's really difficult to write about it without sounding like an angsty teenager, so I won't go into detail or rambling, but in a way I can't wait to die and I'm very glad I will one day, but the mystery of it unnerves me.
I think I want to find out what it's like or what happens after it, but I also realize once it happens I wont have a conciousness to realize it has happened.

When I read your first line I instantly thought of Slaughter House 5's way of perceiving time. Oddly it was very close to what you wrote thereafter so I'll leave it with you OP. It's an odd sensation to feel like this moment could be viewed as easily as we would a photograph.

he

Yeah this has actually spooked me before, Like you’re consciousness is just “there” in total darkness for eternity.

I'm both terrified of an objective truth as well as truth being subjective.

I live life in fear. I have an anxiety disorder ajd don't sleep well though

It is horrifying. He died to save our souls from our sins. How can we ever repay him?

That's a pretty autistic reading of Parmenides.

>death is not the end

The fact that your mum isn't presently viced into my rack being ripped limb from limb. Get on it, mate.

Trans-humanism, Islamification of my country, my country going full 1984 (not far off desu)

man being enslaved by technology more than he currently is

That is not a communist society. You read the whole story wrong dumbass

7.5mg zopiclone + 1 pint of beer is what works for me. Sleep well sweet prince

This. Especially Trans-humanism and technology obssesion going even more insane. The only possibility of salvation its the theory that we are in a cycle of cocooning since the early 90s to be true. In cooconing times people become reclusive and avoidant, as we see in the irresponsable use of technology we're having this days.
When this cycle ends in a few years, maybe we're going to see some changes in behavior, and the tech obssesion may lose a lot of appeal.

had this happen on lsd
big if true

That's there's a life beyond this Etruscan Linen-Wrap-Weaving Forum.

> That which is above is like that which is below

The gods are just as retarded, with priorities and values just as fucked up, as men. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most useful concepts, whatever that implies.

>watch a cult leader
pure ideology

Most green land in my country (England) has been taken up by agriculture which is fair enough. But now due to the housing crisis (mass immigration) many politicians want to build on the little nice green land we have left. Even around where I live, nice allotment land is being built on.
Ancient woodlands are being built on for our new high speed rail and many ancient trees will be moved or destroyed. Many villages and towns will be ruined too.
Once we lose green space we will almost certainly never get it back. All of this combined with mass immigration, cultural revolution, loss of original culture, slavery to technology and the upcoming mass automation and transhumanism means there isn't really going to be much of a future here. Not a nice one anyway. Many towns and cities already look like new-india/pakistan.

It is though.

move to wales but not anywhere near the coast
or smaller towns in scotland
or the areas surrounding the peaks
or the lakes
or isle of wight

this idea is appealing, but also makes me feel like a blasphemer

I remember strongly believing this as a kid. I was extremely afraid of death because I thought there was total darkness and sensory deprivation before I was born and I'd return to the same state once I died.
I'd sometimes imagine it as a pitch black abyss with a constant, deep bell ring that never fades away.

This, but more like Brave New World. The vicarious socialization through consumable media and technology, the increasingly political correctness and sterilization of social interaction itself, and the painstakingly slow but inevitable inversion of our moral being.

Well thank god it's based on absolutely nothing.