Are they a good alternative to using my smartphone? Can I read pirated books? I might get one for Christmas

Are they a good alternative to using my smartphone? Can I read pirated books? I might get one for Christmas.

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/
produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-835798591-capa-case-kindle-paperwhite-wb-origami-onoff-mapa-ancestral-_JM
amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-Paperwhite-Leather-Black/dp/B007R5YFS4/ref=kin_ddp_pop_CelABCover_mu_popT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, less eyestrain.
Yes, you can pirate everything, look for calibre and read the sticky.

they don't display pdfs functionally, I use my fire for that. but everything else is fine

Don't fall for the kobo meme, but if you must then you should at least buy my KAO off of me since I'll never use it again.

Get kindle paperwhite. You'll love it. Download calibre and use libgen and it'll pay for itself in half an hour.

Oasis is better. It fits into the hand perfectly and is weighted to one side which makes it so much easier to hold.

I was a computer-addict as a kid and always have found screens much more pleasant to interact with than paper. Even in reading, screens can hold my attention longer. So I've done a lot more reading, on the home stretch of a 550 pg book atm, than I did when I didn't have one.

oasis is fucking expensive though

this

I use my paperwhite for lighter reading at night, but I still prefer paper books for my heavier morning reading.

You'll recoup the costs from all the books you pirate though.

What if you want to hold it with the other hand?

You just turn it. The screen will auto-rotate.

user.......

that seems like an extra step. with paperwhite you just pass the kindle back and forth. I've never had an issue with the weight or holding it. Also auto-rotate is a bitch, and I like reading on my side. If my fucking kindle kept auto-rotating I'd lose my fucking mind. Not worth an extra 100 dollars. An extra 150, since I got my paperwhite during prime day.

Yes. The screens are more comfortable to look at.
Also, using a smartphone can be distracting when notifications occur and finally using a smartphone makes me feel like Im just browsing a website rather than reading.

Gotcha. My Paperwhite doesn't rotate so I didn't know. Either way, I agree with the other user that autorotating would piss me off and having to turn it on every time I wanted to change hands would be annoying. The Paperwhite is light enough that I can just balance it on the tips of my fingers and the texture holds it there even at pretty good angles.

Paperwhite is kind of a pain to hold with one hand since the bezel is too small, it works fine if you just let it rest on your hand but if you want to hold it up then it becomes a problem.

I do love my Paperwhite though, I got this nifty case that lets you fold the cover like an origami to make the device stand up, it also auto-wakes and sleeps when you open and close the cover, it's maximum comfy.

Yeah, I guess it depends on how you hold it, though I've noticed it's a little small too. Actually, I kind of miss the side buttons. I fold the cover back, and pinch my index finger between the cover and the body, and my thumb along the frame- if that makes any sense, and that works out well, or I palm the lower corner- or even sometimes I hold it by the top edge, and let the body rest on my palm and wrist...

Oh man, auto-wake is awesome- except I'm an aes-fag, so I spent days finding the perfect cover and it doesn't have a wake button. I've been thinking about frankensteining a couple covers together, but I want it to look nice... I tried to already, since I had a broken wake-cover left over, but you can't wedge a magnet into a rubber case and get it to work right (or look right). Bummer.

Yea, that's pretty much what I use my kindle for.

I also do read pdfs and websites, though.

the voyage has side buttons

Don't pirate. Poor bloody authors need to eat.

Where can I pirate books? I will only steal from the rich. I swear.

dead men don't eat

#bookz on undernet

libgen.io and b-ok.org have almost everything

b-ok.org
gen.lib.rus.ec/

I have no mouth and I must scream? Also, how much was the case?

Depends on the pdf, generally they work good for me unless its a duel page scan

Writers make better work when they're hungry

This seems like a good thread to ask without getting called a shill:
What is the benefit of getting a kindle instead of getting the fire 8 and getting the kindle app? Is the backlight on the paperwhite better for continuous reading? Can you write/take notes on a kindle?

>I have no mouth and I must scream?
yep

>Also, how much was the case?
R$90 which is about 27 dollars, kinda expensive but the build quality is nice, it's synthetic leather outside and soft microfiber inside, no seams to be frayed or weird smells. The magnetic closure is kinda weak and I only had it for a few weeks so I don't know how well the case will age.

Onde comprastes esta capa origami meu caro? Mercado Livre?

E-ink is much better for continuous reading, it has a soft, inky look and it reflects light naturally unlike LCD screens which require their own backlight.
If you want it purely for reading books then get an e-reader, if you want extra stuff that e-ink can't do well like videos and color then get something else like Fire.

>Can you write/take notes on a kindle?
Yeah, you can highlight text and attach notes to highlights, it's not as convenient as paper but it does the job.

sh-shill..!

produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-835798591-capa-case-kindle-paperwhite-wb-origami-onoff-mapa-ancestral-_JM
Essa estampa está esgotada mas tem outras no site da Webookers.

no eye strain on eink

for also notetaking is really limited on kindle. you can save passages with then get stored in a spereate file My Clippings.txt. I havent really used this to much so I am no expert

Thank you both. I ended up getting the tablet just for size, price, and a separate notes app, but I'll probably get a kindle when I get my tax returns

You made a mistake.

I don't go outside

Highlights also show up in the Notes tab in the "Go to" menu in the book, it's kinda stupid how you have to open each highlight individually to read them fully though.

post feet

The Fire is half the price.

>that physiognomy peaking out
oh user, im so sorry

>filename
Its a stock photo

dumbass

Sorry amazon, I didn't want to spend $100 on your tablet that can only do 1 thing

fire displays pdfs tho

Is the fire any good for pdfs/mango?

kindle too tho

tablet and kindle both are garbage tier for pdfs. just use a laptop.

▲ ▲

>kobo meme

What?

where can i get free books. especialy for phone/kindle

help

You don't even need to lurk, just scroll up in this thread

its terrible at it for no reason. ffs it cant format fucking letters or scale the res at all. only reason I cant replace everything for a kindle

laptop is a pain in the ass and not comfy if you read 8 hours a day

>your tablet that can only do 1 thing
how many functions does a book need to have, you smug cunt

If you haven't already found a cover i can recommend this one: amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-Paperwhite-Leather-Black/dp/B007R5YFS4/ref=kin_ddp_pop_CelABCover_mu_popT

also has auto-wake :)

Thanks man, that's real kind of you, but I already bought a new case yesterday and I'm going to hold off until I know how it works.

l1bg3n(dot)io just download the pdf’s and open them in your kindle app. voila

40 bucks. What the hell

>l1bg3n(dot)io

kek why not just write the url?

not really. how often do you read outside? I live in the uk and the weather is utter shite 80% of the time so most reading is done indoors. You can also get a tonne of other useful apps, media, games, etc on a tablet. a tablet is a better investment for most people.

ebook readers are great, ive had one for 5 years, maybe read 3 or 4 books.