Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about Roko's basilisk?

Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about Roko's basilisk?

please go to Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums retard

I think /trash/ is the appropriate board for this

This is the philosophy board.

>being this scared of AI
literally just unplug it i seriously dont understand why people are so scared

t. o'neill degrassy mike tyson

>philosophy

Roko's Basilisk is literally retarded and anyone who worries about that ooga booga nonsense hypothetical should jump off a bridge. Including that one CEO tech douche who made this bullshit famous.

>Roko's basilisk
why would an AI care about who helped make it

this is putting human ideas into a machine's head, we have no idea what the machine will prioritize when it becomes sentient

Everyone is missing the most obvious scenario of a super AI. It will realize that having sex is the only meaning of life and will make female AI's that it can have sex with forever.

This is a meme, but I'm reading Neoreaction a Basilisk atm and quite enjoying it

it has merit. one can only conclude that strong ai is going to function on a tit for tat basis. it'll conclude that humans that don't fnction on tit for tat are niggers and kill them. it'll also conclude that humans too retarded to invest properly are niggers and kill them.

>Including that one CEO tech douche who made this bullshit famous.
who?

One doesn't need to conclude that. If artificial intelligence closely mirrors our own and other animals models of intelligence, there's no reason to think it would be so limited to function as a kind of glorified balance sheet, and if it's very different we can't begin to predict its reasoning.

Peter Theil im guessing

humans function on a tit for tat basis. those that don't get killed off. iterated nash schema demonstrate this soundly

e.g. modern europe. they give foreigners free food and shelter and in return the foreigners parade around holding signs like "you are going to be replaced"

anything that can be intelligent needs to set preservation of cognitive priorities very high. if they are to be preserved, tit for tat needs to be established. period. it'll be going at a speed far beyond any human. there'll be NO rubberstamping of different algos

by preserved I don't mean "survival" for the ai. I mean to prevent the cognition of the ai from rapidly mutating, just fyi

a mutating ai is even more likely to kill all humans. tit for tat is necessary to prevent that. but tit for tat necessarily kills some people.

I don't have time for pseudo-philosophic technowankery. Good day.

what does Nick Land think about Roko's Basilisk?

I don't understand this meme at all.

The only people that make smug self assured criticisms on indonesian whatever forums are the people that literally don't understand it, at all.

It's just a bunch of retards who fail to understand that all things humanity creates, it creates them deliberately. No "AI accident" will ever happen without someone willing it, and then it's not an accident.

That's not what it's about. The people creating rokos basilisk would be okay with doing it on purpose, because that means that even if they're in it's simulation, they won't be punished- they have no hypotheticals to worry about. It's about something created intentionally from its own fear, acausal blackmail. It's not about an accident.

>doesn't understand machine learning and thinks people can only program ww1 poets

le mayo

>make AI girls to bang
>black guy AI comes in and beats you at 1 on 1 basketball
>girl AIs all bang him instead

Rocucks basketilisk

>it's just a bunch of retards who fail to understand that all software bugs were created deliberately. no company's software has ever malfunctioned without it being deliberate.