Tfw can't stop adding to my reading list

>tfw can't stop adding to my reading list

Other urls found in this thread:

brainpickings.org/2015/03/24/umberto-eco-antilibrary/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw keep using the metaphor "stretched his legs"

My list of books to read is so long and all I can manage to do is reread the same 10 or so books over and over again. HELP ME!!!

(not OP, btw)

>Stay right where you are. Don't move.
Will you return?
>Hell no I have to work next week!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!

>backlog for 2018 is already 30 books long

>tfw my goodreads to-read list is 700 books long and i have more than 200 unread physical copies lying around my shitty apartment

I just add to my list and forget about them. It scratches the itch of being interested in a book but not wasting money and space by buying them.

Current aim is to read every book I own before buying another new one, it's going very well.

>15 book backlog at the beginning of 2017
>15 book backlog at the end of 2017
The ride never ends

this is me as well as for video games and anime
i just can't keep up with it all

>began in September

Have you tried reading instead of browsing the internet?

How is meme in OP picture called?

Le slavic suicidal politician man

Best tracker for reading log?
I'm just using a txt file to keep me stuff logged

I fantasize about destroying my PC and establish an internet bashing religion; should have listened to DFW.

Just empty it, and start a new ome for next year. That's the only way you'll be able to manage it.

It is only the beginning, my friend.

>bought 38 books last week
>read only 14 pages in that same time
I know that feel

Consider being extremely grateful for this. Having a life where so many fun things are fun that you never run out.

:-)

Assign a number to each book, use a random number generator, and read the according book.

Same, user. I actually beat my animu backlog and am now only watching seasonal shows or the odd recommendation.
My vidya backlog is endless though, and my comic one is also sizeable.

W-Will we ever find peace?

Many people use Goodreads.

>The writer Umberto Eco belongs to that small class of scholars who are encyclopedic, insightful, and nondull. He is the owner of a large personal library (containing thirty thousand books), and separates visitors into two categories: those who react with “Wow! Signore professore dottore Eco, what a library you have! How many of these books have you read?” and the others — a very small minority — who get the point that a private library is not an ego-boosting appendage but a research tool. Read books are far less valuable than unread ones. The library should contain as much of what you do not know as your financial means, mortgage rates, and the currently tight real-estate market allows you to put there. You will accumulate more knowledge and more books as you grow older, and the growing number of unread books on the shelves will look at you menacingly. Indeed, the more you know, the larger the rows of unread books. Let us call this collection of unread books an antilibrary.

brainpickings.org/2015/03/24/umberto-eco-antilibrary/

I have the same problem. It's both a blessing and a curse, frankly. It's good to know I'll never run out of interesting things to read, but the fact that I might very well never get to read all of them depresses me

same user, shits fucked

What specifically did he say about this?

Stop adding and start reading....
Once you've read a book go back to developping the list.

>tfw it took me six weeks to read a book but i ordered 25 books online in that time

>tfw have a long list of classical literature to read
>tfw can't stop reading fluffy meme shit like Norm Macdonald's book or Murakami type stuff