All Art is formed through sublimation of the sex drive

All Art is formed through sublimation of the sex drive.

Most creatives tend to have high sex drives.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3957062/
freudfile.org/psychoanalysis/papers_9.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Explains why every time I sit down to write I wind up jacking off or trying to line up easy pussy.

Very interested in this OP, I've been pondering the same thing myself for some time. If you could provide any sources for this I would be very interested in reading them.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3957062/

10/10 album lol zach is based

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3957062/

Interestingly, a parallel can be drawn between the concept of libido and the idea that sexual thoughts are fueled by mesocortical DA projections. Just as the libido can become attached to different objects (across various persons and during one person’s life history), it is easily conceivable that mesocortical projections establish synapses wih various cortical networks (across individuals or during one individual’s history) giving rise to various object representations associated with sexual desire. Mesocortical projections might then be the support of libidinal cathexis. Similarly, sublimation—directing some proportion of libido on to cultural aims—could be understood as the establishment of new synapses between mesocortical axons and neurons involved in intellectual or artistic cognitive processes. Furthermore, fixations of the libido could be better understood through the concept of long-term potentiation of synapses of mesocortical and mesolimbic neurons. Finally, the idea that libido is a “quantitatively variable force” (Freud, 1905) could be related to the width of arborization and rate of discharge of mesocortical and mesolimbic neurons. Conversely, irrational and primary process thoughts might depend on the impact of DA innervation of cortical networks.

help me out here OP no idea what he's trying to get at really. someone afflicted with limerence creates new synapses to develop the concept of the object of desire, and then it can be speculated to that sublimation is the product of synapses generation as well?

The parts of the brain responsible for sexual desire might, over time, establish connections with other parts of our brains associated with other memories/activities, leading to something like what we'd call sexual sublimation, in which some endeavor is deeply/unconsciously as well as literally neurologically linked in us to our sex drive.

Define "sublimation of the sex drive"...

read more Veeky Forums with your lit and make sure to add a dash of occultism and phil so you don’t lose your shit. Im serious.
also
>freud vidicated
>assmad HBD faggots BTFO’d eternally by a horny Jew
feelsgoodtobethemasterace

If you're the same guy who made the thread and posted the original link, or if not, thank you regardless. That is very intriguing and is actually something I have believed for quite some time, however my line of thinking was more dopaminergic/motivation related than actual neutron connections (basically the idea was that the prefrontal cortex is responsible for willpower/conscientiousness, but can be eroded by drug abuse or sex dependence or what have you, and using up all your willpower on sex means no creativity). Or something like that. It's been years since I thought about it but at the time my hypothesis was much more grounded.

How literally should I interpret that? Like for example is it like stimulus conditioning - if we train ourselves to, say, play piano scales every time we become aroused, sometimes when we become aroused we will feel an ineffable urge to play piano instead of actual follow the sexual inclinations? Obviously this sounds bizarre so perhaps I'm reading too far into it.

Transmuting sexual energy for something more positive, usually creative, i.e. art, music, writing.

I've actually been meaning to step up my Veeky Forums reading but it's difficult when you're a law student man. Want to read pic related next though. I was actually going to start a thread here about recommended Veeky Forums nonfictions because I think I'm falling way behind in that regard. Spending far too much time in fin-de-siecle Vienna.

>t. kike

freudfile.org/psychoanalysis/papers_9.html

idgaf about this thread but face tat is an amazing album and zach is a wonderful man

hell you god damn fucking losers look at me and my fancy motorbike standing in the desert and not caring a single bit about anybody but me and my girl carla the fancy girl behind me taking a piss in the bushes which is admittedly vulgar but life is life and if vulgarity is a part of life you have no choice but to submit to it and play according to it's rules as good as you can is that not true my baby he said to her as she was returning from her little trip into the bushes. it's all true darling she said to her boy charlie who was a ruffian riding on a motorbike through the US on the lookout for the wilderness of the country in which he was born. Carla herself did believe in jobs and security but it was a strange affair in many ways, because despite her longing for it there was also a need in her to protest against the conventions and the normality which in many ways fulfills the role of the most excruciating prison if you fail to identify yourself with it, so in many ways charlie was a projection of her innermost desire to be herself riding wildly on a motorbike through the desert while allowing her to avoid the consequences of such a radical outlook and approach towards life. The issue was that now she actually was on the Monorail with badboi charlie who wasn't particularly good at sex but it didn't matter to her. Being on the road with badboi charlie made her angry and annoyed at his lack of discipline and thinking that she grew annoyed just as she was right now and it made her even more foxy in a negative way that he wasn't aware of it and scaped into braindead sexistic explanations for he displeasure with their trip, citing her hormones as the reason for her being so sensitive on this trip. Now of course we can not fully blame charlie either because in what way is he to blame that his girl was using him as a battlefield, even as a tool in her very own existential game of how d i wish to live and of course to him the reasons for her frustration and anger were out of reach as she had never made explicit to him her analysis of her very own motives in this affair IF SHE WOULD EVEN BE AWARE OF THEM. so all in all it was as any relationship that is doomed to fail is, it was a large misunderstanding a thing that was too close for the sake of itself.When following these two among the road it seemed somewhat pleasant to dream of arranged marriages in which things were handled very much like a business partnership, a company in which each partner had a very specific and ritualized role to play. With such a a distinct and concretly defined distance being in place, carried by the collective, attached with meaning through the myths of love and togetherness and of course tied together through the binding responsibility in regards t oone's children, with such a distance in place misunderstandings, or the grave emotional pain, the excruciating and ugly vanity of love was overcome: Through the structuring presence of the social third, love became truly possi

Laiko the dog with brown fur and a happy expression on it's face was dancing through the meadows jumping up widly and driven by an excessive lust for life and his tongue hanging out in glee and joy and also breathing very strongly as to fill oit's lung with the neccessary ho2 as to maintain the fun and keep on going was a very nice and god doog until he was run over by a truck on november 13. It was a shock for many but it was the worst kind of shock for his bestest friend who was the dog named Ibuprofen who was a splendidly calm and trstful boxer. Geez though Ibuprofen while walking in isolation through the streets. I am very much alone he thought and set one paw after another watching and observing them as he walked forward, aimlessly through his town. It was of course forbidden by his family to leave the garden and he did feel a lot of guilt inside him but even greater and demanding his sole attention was a great grief for the death of his very best friend the great and all too happy doig Laiko who jhunted after deer like the purest of madman but always moving in the wrong direction and running blindly from joy so that the deers laughed their asses off when they saw his attempts to hunt them. Ibuprofen would always listen tto Laiko and observe his shenanigans and his newest absurd and wild schemes and participate with joy for Laiko was truly good and truly healthy and truly affirming of existance and fate and Laiko died, laiko died quickly without much great pain hoped Ibuprofen but nonetheless it was such a great sadness that in s such a flat world with such boringndom ruling and abiding, and dogs fuffering quite a bit from boredom, do not be mistaken, that such a pleasant and great presence as Laiko was removed from this world.

Geez said Ibuprofen and grew very sad. What am ito do without my only friend? My best friend? I did love him so very much. How he dreamt! He considered himself to be the napoleon of dogs. He would say: Ibuprofen! Believe me my dearest friend on the whole world and such a splendid character as you are, believe me when i tell you: I think things that nobody else thinks! I think like Napoleon! I think like Hitler! I think like Mao! he would say and tell me of the revolution of dogs but also of hunting deers forever and also of the joy in mating freely. every day he would carry a new idea into my heart and fill me with joy at his childish glee at all the possibilities the world would allow us dogs in our head, and whatever could be thought was just two steps away from being realized my friend laiko thought with absolute assurance.

Just fundamental Freud. You won't have much fun in a thread about psychoanalytic stuff if you don't know about the sublimation of libido.

Geez. i am so terribly sad. I do not love my family. My owner has trhown a rock at me once! Only because i barked! Not it is not true. I do like my family. They are very good people at heart and even when they treat me bad sometime si do love them very much especially the daughter of my owner who is a splendid and wonderful girl and has a heart of gold which lights up the whole world that surrounds her but not as much and not as thoroughly as the purest of pure hearts: My dead friend Laiko who meaninglessly had been killed by a reckless truck driver. Of course there is nobody to blame. Who knows it could be very much possible that my beloved Laiko as he always was just recklessly ran across the streets, too impatient to wait until the cars were gone, being dangerously uncaring about the speed of the cars approaching. Perhaps it was just that and Laiko had to pay the price for his own carelessness. But i dont think it#s a prize that one pays as one dies. Rather i am sure that Laiko died with full affirmation of death, he probably died with pride in his heart, feeling that even his death his absurd and pointless death was a gesture of resistance against life. And all of this! All of this with so much joy in his heart. The world is so bleak to me with my friend Laiko. Everything is so bleak to me without my friend Laiko. I am not entirely sure if i can carry on or if i should. An idea is growing inside me, i have felt it the whole night and i am scared to think of it but something inside me is considering to die with my friend laiko. To do him justice to live up to what i loved in him, by praying it the ultimate tribute. I could in some way express the purity of my feelings for my greatest of friends, the greatest dog in the wole world laiko. By dying in free will to be reunited with my best friend laiko, i could truthfully and without a doubt signify my friendship and my love for him. I could express truthfully how much i have loved him, that a life with such a great person at my side is unbearable to me. That would to me be a splendid death i think. Is there a dogheaven? Will i be reunited with my great friend? No surely not. Laiko was against such notions.

I am not sure o fanything thought Ibuprofen and walked restlessly through the streets of the provincial town. In his heart was a great grief and a great love. At times he barked from sadness and at times he had to repress his laughter as his heart was crushed by joy from remembering many of the stories he had experienced with laiko. His heart was truly crushed and torn apart by a joy which overwhelmed him doubly now that the eternal absence of laiko was a fact that could hardly be denied, and if it was not a fact it was in the least an emotional reality. To Ibuprofen Laiko was truly gone and all that remained were memories which of course could never replicate the materiality of the experiences that he had enjoyed with laiko. I think i do not need a regular life considered Ibuprofen. I know about it and i enjoy it but it does seem stale, thought he and wandered now into the forest. I have been a companion to such a great friend and as such my duty in living has been fulfilled. There can be no greater joy than to run, driven crazy by laughter and my heart beating from excitement after my bestest of friends as he ran after the deer but in the wrong directio. Running endlessly with my friend Laiko. Yes, that is what i want thought Ibuprofen and ventured deeper and deeper into the dark forest.

Does the same go for religious creative forms? Religious paintings, cathedrals, sculptures, etc?

freud?

Think of all the great men who did't fap all day.