Hey Veeky Forums, it’s Veeky Forums here...

Hey Veeky Forums, it’s Veeky Forums here. Why do you read fake stories about fake people when you could read real stories about real people, places, scientific advancement, history, etc., that would actually serve you in the world and connect you to the world as it is? Why, essentially, are you wasting your time with this stuff?

Are you implying that we don't?
>ayy lmao, all books are fiction

I can appreciate art

>this is what aspiring ‘poets’ tell themselves

So can anyone

What?

That all books are fiction. That’s retarded. There are two distinct categories (fiction and non) for a reason.

then why would you deprive yourself of fiction or even make such idiotic questions

Science isn't real senpai.

Oh, I thought you were saying that I thought myself a poet. I was complaining that OP implied that we either read only fiction or that all literature is fiction. Admittedly, I was not very clear

Because I have a finite amount of time on this planet and the natural, scientific world is endlessly fascinating and important, and all that is.

Oh, I see. Sorry for the confusion mate. Hope you have a nice day.

Narrative is a central component of all human culture and understanding it is fundamental to understanding anything falling under the umbrella of culture. Which is everything you just said.

Fiction is real, it is simply representative of real. It is taking the essence from the form of real life and recontextualizing it another form as an experiment. Inga Clenndinen hypothosized that Aztec religious pictography did the same thing.

What-re you gonna do if i don't find it endlessy fascinating and important, sperg?

Be smarter than you, have a deeper understanding of the world, unironically have more to say should I decide to write fiction, and potentially be closer to God and divine revelation, etc.

You as well, cheers

>posts a non-sapient being experiencing a hyper reality sim of a fictional universe that’s less detailed, immense and intelligent than our own
>comes here to shitpost because you board is filled with racists and freshman
verbal intelligence is not your strong suit is it user?

I'm not the dude you're responding to, but could you explain how you would have more to say in terms of fiction and imagination if you have a stronger grounding in reality?

Yes it is

Also answer the question

1. To improve ones own reading/writing skills.
2. Raw Entertainment.
3. These fictional stories are often evaluations of the world around us. You just have to look a touch deeper.
4. Perhaps find something out about ourselves.
5. Broaden vocabulary.
6. Expand imagination, creativity and problem solving.
7. Inspiration.

Calims to be a man of science yet talks about god. Goodnight everyone!

>be smarter than you
according to what
>have deeper understanding of the world
according to what
>be closer to god
according to what

t. my parents

What is "real"?

>next generation of human beings actually doesn't understand the concept of an imagination, has no communion with archetypes, unable to act as conduit for the mythical
>their souls have been shaved down so finely that anything other than managerial neo-liberal technocracy is literally incomprehensible to them
>it's not just that they don't like it, they literally don't understand

The soul is a historical construct, and its time is ending

No its clearly not, otherwise lit and phil would call to you like a young lover in the night.
>Answer me! REEEEEEE
sit down and shut your fucking mouth you little shit

>comes here to shitpost because you board is filled with racists and freshman
I mean, it's not like this place is any doing any better at the moment.

*tips*

also,

>same people who ask these questions about homer pollute their pea-brains with rick & morty and star wars
>divide the world into two cartesian halves: 'objective fact' (sublimation of the old notion of revelation and proof of miracle, in 'science' [deferential to priestly caste and non-existent 'scientific method,' works and proofs in the form of technology, usually technology that allows increased efficiency of causing violence, and/or altering neurochemistry to further deplete the soul, and/or providing yet more totalizing forms of infantile escape]), and 'subjective opinion/enjoyment' (all value self-imposed by human mind, does not understand contradictions inherent in this, 'joyful nihilism' = existential horror natural state of man and not artificially imposed by technocratic hellhole, fill void by purposely indulging in fairy tales, especially if these fairy tales are complicit with massive corporations, simulated reality rather than reality as source of enjoyment, overwatch, twitter)
>they do not even know what they've lost, because they will never READ A FUCKING BOOK and take whatever the democratic party / the university of california / elon musk / netflix just said five minutes ago is eternal truth conquering the ignorance of the past that they know nothing about
>literal nothing people

I’m thirty years old now, how dare you.

exceptional digits

and or course but they can be mulched, turned into fertilizer for more interesting thoughts. what can you do with nitwit Veeky Forums posters?

Not everyone is autistic like you. Some people like to occasionally relax and indulge in their fantasies.

How is reading Shakespeare or Evan Dara relaxing?

I don’t know a lot of people who consider literature relaxing.

You know a bunch of retards then.

>tfw read fake stories about real science
>tfw particles of stories have mixed with me and the air you're breathing
>tfw your science is fake raping you in real places in history right now and forever with continual narrative advancement
same

Wowee really interesting point

You get what you give.

Literature is not relaxing unless you’re reading relaxing literature.

>I don't find literature relaxing and no one I know does therefore it isn't
Well, this is why you don't go to Veeky Forums normally, now isn't it?

Integrate your butt sphincter in cylindrical co-ordinates then see if you can go climb in there.

Fake stories written by REAL PEOPLE.

Veeky Forums sux no one could even answer a question I had about the hysteresis of the loading of piezoelectric crystals.

>fiction cannot convey anything that can serve you or the world around you and connect you with humanity as a whole
Fucking retard detected

Can you demonstrate that any of that is true?

Hate to break it to you, but literature is infinitely more important in life than knowing the gravitational constant or Avogadro's number, you autistic fucking sperg

kek, the amount of ressentiment in this post

HAHAHAHAH

Scientific studies show that reading literature, generally fiction, is good for your brain and various other things. Seems like a weird thing to do you know, just ignore that and work on assumptions.
Reading about reality is mostly depressing.

Ever since reading your post, my eyes have finally opened to the Light. I have brushed the dust off my TI-85 and proceeded to furiously and repeatedly shove it up my own asshole in order to further my knowledge of science and be closer to god.

Wow ur so edgy and clever tehe

Autistic faggot. Fuck off.

Can we not read as a form of entertainment or escape?

You mean denying your individuality and instead mold yourself into something productive and docile enough for the system? You mean like propping your anus wide open for the techno future? I wasn't expecting much more from a technofag/chinese serf honestly.

>triggered by this autist’s shitpost
Go back

Because I'm not autistic

>"Why do people look at paintings when they can study math"
Lmao real hard hitting stuff OP when do you start freshman year? Why deprive yourself of the medium which best expresses life and the human experience, because you'd rather study science? As if you had to pick, or even could compare them in the first place, shows that you don't "get" literature on a fundamental level, and I don't really care if you ever do. I know what's more useful or valuable to the life of a human

Threads like that remind me why I think STEM faggots should be sent to forced labor camps so everyone else can dedicate their time to actually important shit

its called IT sweetie

>"ressentiment"
Case in point

It is because you see the hollowness of your life and all that you have invested it in that you come here to belittle those who love what you do not understand. If you were truly happy with what is “real” then you would not have taken the time to come here. In your heart you are deeply miserable. It is the fear that you have wasted your life on something that is unfulfilling that makes you discount people who find joy in what you reject.

Low quality bait

I prefer the "contemporary NEET" myself

so the lonely bohemians are getting btfo?
or are they being liberated?

Read The Decay of Lying

Science is relatively wrong every time.

You mean resentment.

This image makes me sad for some reason

you're kidding. please tell me this is bait.

It's just a lot easier to assume they're baiting rather than assume they posted it in complete sincerity.