Is there a worse review site than Goodreads?

Is there a worse review site than Goodreads?

LARB, NYRB, LRB

What is the best review site?

This, but both ironically and unironically.

NPR

what? goodreads is bad? wtf i've got 20,000 recommendations from there. do i have to prune? DO I HAVE TO PRUNE?

boards.Veeky Forums.org/lit/

>review site
who cares, its a good site to organize your reads/current readings/want-to-reads

Sites that arent review sites

Veeky Forums

why the fuck would you use goodreads for reviews?

As if you cannot use text editor for that.

>as if there were not an infinite number of alternatives for everything we do in life

There's no alternative for you in my life, user.

That's where you're wrong kiddo

Goodreads is useless for reading someone else’s review but it’s nice for logging your books and seeing which of your friends have also read those books.

pretty sweet

Its not a review site, and if you are using it like that you are doing something wrong.

This unironically

There's too many women on that site. Everything is YA fiction and progressive politics.

>Those fuckin' progressive politics

>review site
It's a book cataloging site. Reviewing is secondary and entirely optional. Your spreadsheet doesn't have instant access to comprehensive data for every edition of a particular book.

Don't read YA and you won't have to see any of that then?

I'm talking about the users. There's too many people on that site that only read YA and they're typically women.

Goodreads is actually a great review site if you apply the following system:

Ignore all ratings. Any book that has an animated gif in its first page of reviews is trash. Everything else is probably fine.

I started playing with this idea as a joke, but over time it has shown itself to be extremely reliable. Give it a try.

So don't befriend them? Don't follow them? I don't see the problem here.

You don't have to be their friend to see them in the reviews and discussions.

just capped this one

Don't read the reviews then

I don't know what you think you're doing but I don't need all this advice on how to avoid stupid people.

They're not even progressive politics really, they're bland neoliberal politics

Apparently you do, because you're still on this board.

I'm not actively trying to avoid stupid people which is why I'm talking to you. I don't know why you thought I was.

If it's reviews and discussions, and they exclusively read YA, then how are you seeing them? You're not looking at YA books are you?

I got 100% on my IQ test. Back off.

Yeah that's it. You caught me.

Yeah, Veeky Forums

So stop reading YA and you will stop encountering YA readers ya dip.

Okay I'll do that. Thanks for the advice.

Yo'ur welcome bucko

Ive been on the site since 2011, and you are wrong

I've also been using the site since 2011 and I think he's right.

The only way for that to happen is to actively trigger yourself. If you have patrician reading habits your recommendations are likewise either patrician, or pop-histories based on whatever time period you are reading. Alternately you are clicking on the BEST BOOKS OF 2017 with high retarded expectations, and likewise raging at what cannot be changed.

The sort of people he's talking about will continue making up the majority of the userbase regardless of whether you personally interact with or notice them.

But that is irrelevant to your user experience. The only time I see shit like what he is talking about is in Veeky Forums threads.

Does this sound like a statement of the user experience or a statement about the userbase?

this gave me actual cancer

This user speaks the truth. And as expected folks are foaming

>not understanding Paul Bryant is a patrician

What an advanced cretin

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR OPINION YOU PLEB. ASFIXIATE ON A DICK AND DIE

He's English, that automatically makes him a pedestrian parasite.

sweet

Veeky Forums.