Ok Veeky Forums we've had enough time to read the book. What are everyone's thoughts?!

Ok Veeky Forums we've had enough time to read the book. What are everyone's thoughts?!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Drama/comments/73e8en/female_writer_posts_on_riama_as_published_author/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We hate women here, son. Take this to plebbit. We don't read women, much less worthless whores like that one

I wish I was an attractive woman with zero self-awareness.

To add though, it's amazing that not a single person around her told her how bad the thing is, especially those parents who were willing to drop $5k on a vanity publishing.

who is this jizzabelle

well, youre halfway there

If you've got money to own horses, you've got money to let your daughter play out her little dreams.

It is weird to me that reddit went out of its way to destroy her life. Usually they are the whitest knights you'll ever find. Did it really hurt their ego that much that a cute girl wrote a book?

Well she wasn't really self aware about how bad it was. She had friends and family giving the book high reviews, and in the end probably just chocked it up to bitter internet virgins. The comments were probably out of her mind instantly.

I am out of the loop with this. What happened?

>imagine being able to push things outside your consideration that quickly

A girl published something. This is very upsetting to 4channers

She just ignored any criticism that was thrown her way during the AMA even when it was upvoted a fuckload. Maybe she just hid her sadness, but I think she just disregarded it and took the positivity away from the experience.

Because she made it seem like she was published, when she really just self-published. I.e. she’s a writer, not an author, but she called herself an author.

>self publishes because no publisher would ever touch that shit
>wants the glory anyways
Fucking cuck

>claims to have gotten first book published at 19
>reddit naturally jumps on this, hoping to find some advice for their own work
>posts sample, it's utter shit
>after several questions she reveals she self-published on kindle and did vanity publishing for physical copies after being rejected by nearly every publishing company
>after more questions she reveals that her parents gave her $5k to vanity publish
Not bad by itself, but as others here said she came across as lacking self-awareness and was dismissive of most questions she got. One that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way was something along the lines of 'why didn't you say you used your own money to publish?' 'I didn't use my own money - I used my PARENTS money.'

How am I cucked? I don't even know who she is. Why should I care that someone self-publishes. You're clearly the one who is emotionally invested in this. Get a fucking grip, you sad sack of shit.

I participated in the original discussion, it was great. My takedown got several hundred upvotes :3
she was talking shit about how this was the first SF novel with a female protagonist, female cast, female writer, etc
the samples were on the amazon page
she had also hired an editor
and it was something she had begun writing as a kid

You shouldn’t. But you should care when someone misrepresents themselves as being published.

Where does she do this?

Reddit.

I like the cover

then why do you faggots care

I would feel bad for her, but she's a pretty young woman who seems narcissistic so her ego probably didn't even get fazed, and if it did, it would be a good thing so that she could get out of her shell and begin to live in the real world of less narcissism.

People only paid attention because she posted a picture of her feet.

Link

That was so obviously fake lmfao.

>Do I fit in yet, guise?

>anything written a wmn
>anything primarily read by wmn
even the cat senses the massive amount of shit in the air

Good on her that she finished the book at a young age. I'm 17 and I already have like 14 drafts of my current novel.

>I'm 17
Can we fucking delete this board already

For the love of god no.
I'm having a quality time here.

People here seem to be missing that she also used her ledditor mod bf to get her thousands of upboats and delete unwanted comments. Nobody in their right mind would have actually upboated it, her numbers just seemed to be extremely fake

that she abused reddit's system is not something we give a shit about

I wish I was an attractive woman

i turned 19 a week ago but i know for a fact that a ton of my friends at school from 14 to 17 browse this board. (I was held back a year) i literally introduced Veeky Forums to the writers club

>imagine being so butt hurt that someone's family is wealthier than yours and that they tried to accomplish something and you felt the need to join thousands of others in attempting to destroy their self worth

E-celeb shitposting

Feel ashamed

Link to your takedown. I really want to see the slam, bro.

Welp, it's been fun boys but it's time for me to leave this board forever.

>when your teeth look like kidney beans and you can only afford to color your hair every 4 months

Same bro i told my friends about all the funny memes on b and shit lol hahahaha they love rage threads and YLYL

i think she's super talented, what were you doing at 19? definitely not being this beautiful and successful. a lot of angry fat roasties in here.

How many fucking pages are there? 85 like Lauren Southern's book?

They look pretty normal to me

>she was talking shit about how this was the first SF novel with a female protagonist, female cast, female writer, etc

this is literally the only part of the story itt that has bothered me so far.

>One that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way was something along the lines of 'why didn't you say you used your own money to publish?' 'I didn't use my own money - I used my PARENTS money.'

This was actually hilarious

If you deep-dive the comments, which I did, you'll see she's also got a "family friend" who's a "publicist." That person almost certainly directed her on how to buy reddit upboats, if he or she didn't outright do it themselves as a marketing move.

The 5k for the editor was also almost certainly designed to make the novel more marketable rather than more readable. On a line-by-line basis the novel is awful.

Buddy, I could've written this at 13.

that """"""""critique""""""""" is even more of an embarrassment, tho not as embarrassing as you posting it

it was the only image of the book i could find, i didnt really pay attention to it

>Normally this thing happens, except this time it didn't.
>I normally do this thing, except this time I didn't.
That's some great setting up of the story there.

The critique is spot on even if the formatting is awful. The real problem, though, is that basically the entire section pictured could be cut in half without much loss.

Hello !
reddit.com/r/Drama/comments/73e8en/female_writer_posts_on_riama_as_published_author/

thats some detective shit buddy

I am a self proclaimed Internet detective

>the critique is spot on
>repetitive, tautology elsewhere
>randomly circled words
>absolutely no insightful criticisms at all
someone just wanted to put a bunch of red on this obviously shittily written page so that /r/edditors like you would suck his dick

I think this attitude is more reflective of what YOU were going at 19. At 19 I had self-published several short stories and dabbled in erotica under pseudonyms. The erotica still sells, and it contains less than 10 objective errors in grammar/typos in ~30k words despite me writing it in a weekend and not editing. I was also a junior in a top 20 American university after being homeschooled much of my life.

Now, by 22 (and two years out of uni) I've self-published a full length novel while working as an international consultant, and I'm sitting here wincing at the fact that she got all the attention she did for no good reason, and I'm at least glad that the reviews on Amazon are honest (but not brutally so) about the kind of content this is.

Long story short, this is not an accomplishment. She basically drooled for a month straight, and her drool is incomprehensible.

> by 22 I've self-published

so it took you 3 more years than it took her. did your mom teach you math or was she too busy pumping your ego? she got attention because she is cute, sorry ur ugly.

>what were you doing at 19?
botching my suicide attempt

damn man, your resentment is showing. I'll see you around.

You missed the part about how her "boyfriend' was a reddit supermod who used a bot to create fake upvotes, bumping her AMA to the front page as well as getting it onto r/books.

She came across throughout as a pathological liar and all around scummy person behind a simpering facade.

Congratulations, want a trophy?

wew this is bad and im not even a good reader

>this beautiful

What? She's not even pretty.

??
you baiting or....?

>Veeky Forums is one person

the biggest problem is how she refuses to use 'it', makes reading it annoying

I'm not baiting. I genuinely think she is average or even below average in looks. On top of that, she checks about every red flag I can think of.

>Dyed hair (three colours?!)
>Problem eyebrows
>Tattoos
>Tons of makeup about everywhere else
>Likely to turn fat looking at her triceps

Also she's obviously a brainlet as evidenced by her book and behavior.

Pic related, an actually attractive woman.

no man i just want to belittle the guy i responded to. i already have a trophy, but i've had a shitty day and i want to push it onto someone else.

thanks though

>>randomly circled words
>>absolutely no insightful criticisms at all

when the prose is that shit, it's almost impossible to provide any criticism more meaningful than "here's why your prose is shit, fix it retard"

True

>If you deep-dive the comments, which I did
To do that I'd have to care about what happens on reddit and be outraged when someone abuses their system. I don't give a shit, I don't see why you should either.

I actually agreed with what you said and then saw your pic related and realized you were baiting

Judging by /crit/ then Veeky Forums isn't much better tbqh

I'm not baiting. The girl in my pic is easily a 9/10

Here's another one

I'm almost certain that 90% of /crit/posters are from the scifi retard containment thread

Didn't read. Pretend I did, gave her some positive feedback, she was really thankful, we messaged back and forth a bit and next week we'll have our first date. Thanks for this thread I was procrastinating to read this fucker, but I have to if I want my dick landing in her pussy soon.

Reminder that asians have low survivability and you should avoid them at all costs if you're interested in doing anything positive for the world.

go to bed tao