Listens to music while reading

>listens to music while reading

>reads while listening to to music

>thinks posting frogs is funny

>is a redditor

how else am I meant to drown out the noise of public transport?

Who says you have to read on public transport.
You could just listen to music then read at home

>reads in public transport

WHITE NOISE GENERATOR.

what a waste of perfectly good reading time

How can you concentrate on reading with music in the background ?

You are wasting time flowing words through your mind without getting a thing, unless you are reading some real simple book.

better than not reading at all

You are gonna read it again anyways, you wanna look smart with the people around you ?
Silent bragging is for fags user, stop that.

Depends on a type of music you listen to. If it's just some background music without words, it's not much different than not listening to any music at all - and I can read perfectly fine on public transport with the background noise.

I call her the wife

I do when I am reading in a non-quite place like on my way to work, classic music does not distract me

nonsense

At least you admit it.

no, who's bothering to look at me on the bus anyway? I just like to read.

The very fact that you think like that means there's a big cloud of insecurity floating above you.

Who the fuck pulls out a book for the sake of bragging?

Also, what others think of you is none of your business. Just read the book and don't mind others.

>4paypay

You even think that is point.

>Who the fuck pulls out a book for the sake of bragging
>Also, what others think of you is none of your business

A contraddiction after the other

how old are you?

...what?

Only if you don't know what contradiction means

>"Why would someone ever take out a book in public transportation in order to drag attention, not like people brag or anything..."

>"The opinion of people around you doesn't affect your life"

How unsophisticated could you possibly be ?

Because I don't consider pulling out a book in public a bragging in first place you wooden brain.

You're taught to read in elementary school. Is that what you want to brag about?

of couse not

why would it be?

The problem is that you exclude the possibility of people willing to brag, you cretin.

>listens to another audiobook while reeding

Or maybe I just don't give a fuck about them. Never occurred to you?

>not using your brain power to speed up the vehicle to get there vaster
What non-utilitarians.

sorry, you're right. I was out of line. it's been a tough week desu. the stress must be getting to me. I hope you have a lovely day!

i was listening to lil peep's benz truck while reading meditations by marcus aurelius on the bus today. it was sublime

Not me but lets settle it with what this Goody goody said.

I need some noise in my head while I'm reading. I just recently recognised this. Not music, anything with a beat/melody is distracting. But I find those 10 hour white/pink/brown noise videos on Youtube are enough ambience to settle my brain and allow me to focus.

Perhaps I have some undiagnosed adhd or some shit. I've gotten this far, so why bother finding out now.

I don't think you know what utilitarianism means.

give him a break he's a cat

>he doesn't listen to carly rae jepsen's EMOTION while reading

Unironically this

I wonder how many tries it took to take that pic right.

Seems uncomfortable

very much so

I only do when I'm sick of quiet or I need to tune out somebody and I only listen to ambient vidya music. .

those aren’t logical contradictions at all
>what other people think about YOU is none of your business
>the collectivist inhuman monster
lol have fun with that

>t. Brainlets

I thought it was a meme but I tried it with Blood Meridian, some country music band and it was incredible.

right ...

>reads

you even prove I am corret and yet don't ammit the contradictory aspect of his words.

make up your minf

What an amazing thread for discussing literature am I right guys

look up alpha waves on yt senpaitachi

maybe Veeky Forums should start compiling genres/albums to go with books!

deep burn. so deep.

>listens to audiobooks while playing video games

look, I'm just concerned that some people on this board, good people who are sincerely trying to educate themselves and become better people, are doing themselves actual intellectual damage by choosing to divide their attention instead of concentrating fully on the texts they've chosen to better themselves with. it's not bait, I care about this issue. when I recommend my favourite books and sometimes I see that others have read them, I feel that I've contributed to someone's intellectual self improvement, I feel a connection to a distant stranger. but then I think that maybe their experience of the work I've suggested was ruined by insufficient concentration, and I feel alone again, because if others haven't really let every word of a piece of great literature sink in and brand their very soul then we haven't actually experienced the same book. so don't talk to me about "bait" when I'm just trying to give literature the respect it deserves.

what if i read for enjoyment?

I usually end up listening to turkeys fuck while I'm reading.

Turkey Farm is next door. Turkey fucking is very loud, believe it or not.

then you should be on a board for entertainment not a board for literature.