How do I stop feeling like k have to read lots of boring old books because they're called classic masterpieces?

How do I stop feeling like k have to read lots of boring old books because they're called classic masterpieces?

Other urls found in this thread:

ia800300.us.archive.org/14/items/IndianCampByErnestHemingway/IndianCampByErnestHemingway.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're not boring.

Some are extremely boring

Don't try to read all of them. Pick the ones that seem interesting to you, rinse, repeat.

But the pseudointellectuals will insult me

For example I see gravity's rainbow as an example of purple prose, pretentious, lolsorandumb humour, pomo trash that is used as a launching pad by pseudointellectuals

then stop reading it.

you should read ernest hemingway, william shakespeare, p.g wodehouse.

ia800300.us.archive.org/14/items/IndianCampByErnestHemingway/IndianCampByErnestHemingway.pdf

it's pretty pointless to discuss books with other people, it's like talking about eating. do you comment on how people chew or what food they should eat? if you do, you are probably annoying to be around.

GR is pretty good desu, maybe you are just a hothead. Start by fixing that.

That's called being a pleb user you are supposed to enjoy them.
GR isn't a classic masterpiece it's a zany meme book and I mean that pejoratively.

The second this topic dies you guys will be claiming I have to read gravity's rainbow or Ulysses or else I'm a pleb

>inb4 lit isn't a hivemind

It is

You're right desu, but why do you browse lit then? Do you expect more than shitposting and fun?

come on man, think for urself

I feel the same way but with anime

modern lit is trash

all that ever needed to be written was written between genesis and 1920

>I read books some list online told me to

You obviously haven't read my diary desu.

GR is an amazing book. You're just a brainlet.

People who say that are just meming though; that's why it's called the meme trilogy.

listen OP, if you aren’t looking at basic summaries or a brief synopsis of the book before hand then YOU are the follower not us. If the topic, author, themes, general plot, characters, their motivations, the style does not appeal to you drop the book immediately. Forcing yourself to read a book you hate is a sign of mental weakness. I have yet to read anything I couldn’t stand because i’ll drop a book within a day of discovering I can’t stand it.
>I don’t like Joyce
jfc what the hell is wrong with you?

>p.g wodehouse.

By not being a faggot who gets their sense of accomplishment by retards on the Internet

how about i put my dingler in your mouth

Bump

the moment you stop reading you are become more stupid.

do you want to be 76 and not understand the world beyond university? most people will be.

your mind will keep growing if you let it - else it atrophies.

>are become
let's just pretend that was oldfag english

don't read straight white men stuff. they're all boring and reinforces awful normative stuff like ugh.

Like?

I usually finish them and get frustrated, but then i can shit talk them later, so it's fine.
Fuck Franzen.

Brothers Karamazov

The politics by ariatotle

Great expectations and Nicholas nickleby and probably every other Dickens book

Wuthering heights

Gravity's rainbow and I got bored of mason & dixon when reading it a second time (same with white noise by delillo)

yeah

>he fell for the pynchmeme

>what is modernism

Bump

by reading the books