Literary confession thread

Literary confession thread

I stole bandages from my college emergency clinic.

I banged this Korean chick in college, and she later hung herself. I broke into her dorm after and took her laptop and a lot of her books, I justified it because she gave me scabies.

When I get books I rarely go by author or title. I go to a thrift store and pick at random until I can't carry anyomore.

There is very rarely a book I cannot finish in that pile.

I’m afraid of reading a full book in english because it’s not my native lenguage, even though I’ve been using english subtitles on movies for some years now and I’m also pretty fluent I believe

I'm well good at translating Spanish, but only when it is written. I'm too lazy to learn how to be fluent in both vocal and writing.

I left my most prized books in my ex's trunk shortly before I sperged out at her because I accidentaly found out how many dudes shes slept with. Also, she took 2 fidget spinners and my glasses

I sometimes feel like a phony who doesnt even like reading, then I read something good and I enjoy it, but only to feel as a phony again as soon as I put down the book.
I'm also a brainlet, I don't remember anything from HS science or math or history. I think it might be dishonest to be into literature when I'm just going to be a minimum wage simpleton all my life.

You know you can just enjoy reading as a hobby right? And sometimes you can get bored of a hobby. How many people watch a dozen shit movies for every one they think is good?

Stop thinking about it so much.

Don't tell how to live my life.
Also, the word 'hobby' is fucking gay, stop using it.

>this post
yikes

I still play video games.

I didn't read the hobbit or anything by tolkien until i was 21. I actually read aristotle before tolkien

I'm an intellectual heavyweight

Ive been losing money in crypto-currencies and haven't read lit/phil in days.

Shitposting is a hobby too you know.

i’m a brainchad and pity most of the people on this board, also I know more about conspiracy shit than all of /pol/ and Veeky Forums and could easily destroy Richard Spencer or Alex Jones or Phil Greaves or Zizek or Anglin in a debate, i’ve corresponded with David Icke and I 100% unironically believe in the Illuminati

List some books to begin the path to chadhood than?
Surely leaving a breadcrumb road wouldn't matter right?

I regret when I got to meet Jordan Peterson that I didn't question more about some of the things he said. It was my chance to challenge what he was going on about in public, but trying to understand what he was going on about practically gave me a headache, his talk was so meandering and in such bloated academic language that it was hard to touch on the exact point of what was wrong.

I don't read books written by females

I don't read Anglo literature and find myself hating it.

Stephen King novels are one of my guilty pleasures

I haven't read a book in 12 years and I only come here to shitpost

I like reading sci fi because lasers are cool

I think Haruki Murakami is actually pretty good.

For every one Veeky Forumscore book I read, I read 9 or 10 Sci-fi or fantasy books. I read mostly for pleasure, not to 'better myself' in any way. My guilty pleasure is urban fantasy shit, though that mostly started because I like fairies.

I have sex with my sister

What'd you get out of the laptop?

i've never read a book in my life, i come here to shitpost

she touched my dick, i came and started farting nonstop.

I only read when I'm outside and my cellphone is out of battery.

I only can read nonfictions. I try to read nonfictions but the overarching themes or whatever bullshit always escape me. So, I stick with the comfy reality that I understand well.

Try to read Fictions*

>I know what he said was wrong even though I didn't understand what he said because it was too complicated

go back to Veeky Forums, faggot

I ordered a German translation of Infinite Jest a couple of weeks after I started lurking here, and it's been standing on my shelf unread and still plastic-wrapped ever since.

senpai, I’m so insecure about reading Wallace, Pynchon or Joyce translated to my native lenguage that I think the same thing would happen to me.

Nice. Is she older than you? Otherwise you're the degenerate

Since I did this break in South Korea I can't fuck anything but asian chicks. I try to be fluent in Korean but damn it's hard.

When I start reading a new book, the first thing I do is reading the last sentence of the last page. no idea why, I can't stop though

Each individual part of what he said was correct, but it fit together to create a faulty picture.

I fucking hate reading desu

my girl has farted on my dick (she got embarrassed ofc) and we have read Joyce's letters together and she never reads and that in itself is such a good feeling but the Proustian aspect of love still lingers

I only like reading classics a lot of them are in lit-core. Other books just dont grab me.

same, it helps that I need many years to read all I want to read

The hardest thing that I find about reading is picking up the book and opening it, i try to force myself sometimes but at the moment i always think playing video games or watching youtube is more fun

I'm getting sick and tired of modern mysteries focusing on the "whydunnit" instead of the who or how.

it's hanged, faggot

I take my time with the reads and let it process in my brain so im no speed reader either.
On rare occassiosn do I finish something within less than 3 days, but atleast in those instances I was deeply invested in it and really wanted to see what happens next.
The classics end up being on the thicker side the more tempting they are so its not easy to finish them swiftly.

I hope that you're sorry for that, user.

he’s a sociopath so its highly unlikely, he turned an immoral act into exhibitionism on an image board

i'm thinking about starting a web novel but i'm worried everyone is going to laugh at me. however, i'm not getting anywhere with traditional publishing and i'd rather some people see my work than none at all.

that actually sounds really cool, respect.

Its a good approach in general for art, its better to make it free/online than to limit it little to no people seeing it. Once you actually start getting attention and traction then consider the money making route.

thanks for the advice, it's kind of reaffirming. I've only written two short mysteries and it was a while ago, but the why took a backseat to who and how, which is more fun.

I speed read through some literary classics in like 2 days, just so I can tell people I've read them with some aura of honesty.

Start with some easy shit like Bukowski and don’t be afraid to look up words even if it slows you down a lot.

Ich auch

I only read books considered classics because I'm a psued who doesn't understand how to pick good books.

Story time faggot

I actually like female writers who have nice tits and a big ass.

I own 50 meters of books and haven't read any of them.

Fuck..

I steal books from major bookstores.
And always support local ones

i only read when i'm not shitposting

I understand your struggle vocally, but once you know that everything is fonetic then it becomes easier.

And have you tried to translate any work? At least a chapter?

i genuinely don’t like people who read female authors, Shakespeare or Christian apologetics and could never be friends with any of them

I think I'm not mature enough to catch all the subtleties of Don Quixote.
Worst thing is that a is my native language so the only thing keeping me from reading is my own plebness

Why don't you start? It can be overwhelming but it's not a race so you can just pace yourself and read out of genuine interest

i didn't start with the greeks

WHy Shakespeare bro.

I sneeze in library books

Once I went back to look at a previous book I checked out, and my dried mucus was still there after years

One time my dog (A beagle named Gator) peed on Alex Haley's, "Autobiography of Malcolm X".

The urine stained the first 100 pages or so with yellow tint on wrinkly paper, and I had to toss it out.

>*tips fedora*

If I haven't read an author I just parrot what Harold Bloom thinks of them.