Would you please recommend me books

>Would you please recommend me books
that critique Nietzsche's claims about master-slave morality and claims against Christianity, perhaps books that argue against his claims, ones even of a Christian nature?

Thanks guys

>also

Does that pic of Friedrich make anyone else sad? I feel awful for him :-(

Think for yourself, nigga.

Max Scheler - Ressentiment

Look who's talking. Don't give in to the cultural norm of using garbage slang like "nigga".

he’s a Christian that’ll never happen
>wants to sully his ideas with nonsense
>rejects obvious statements about the nature of christianity
>awwww i feew bad fow him
pathetic, feminized eunach man

That pic of Nietzsche always makes me sad. There is a website online that collates the different sources we have on Nietzsche's decline, the doctors and friends who went to visit him and their impressions of his worthless cunt sister. Rudolf Steiner, the founder of Anthroposophy and editor of Goethe's scientific manuscripts, was among the people hired by Nietzsche's sister and who got to meet the barely-conscious Nietzsche just as his fame had crested. On this site you could read month by month as everyone tried to help Nietzsche and what ultimately happened to him.

Nietzsche's master-morality is very tricky and I don't know of any one critique of it that is considered authoritative. His thought is just so elusive. I recently read Spivak's introduction to Derrida's Of Grammatology and she spells out Derrida's critique of Heidegger's reading of Nietzsche (which put the Will to Power as the centre of his metaphysic). I thought it was good at showing how subtle Nietzsche interpretation is, and how EVERYTHING he says is a game and a rhetorical pose precisely because the truth is multi-faceted and people cannot be boiled down to a single programmatic philosophy. I don't think it's even as simple as saying he "ironically" believed in master-morality, or that he sublated it into later work, or whatever. It's a piece of the truth that Nietzsche lived. I would recommend reading that, if you can stomach the almost unreadable writing of Spivak/Derrida.

Of course, the major one is Walter Kaufmann's systematic defense of Nietzsche in order to rehabilitate him from his reputation as "the Nazi philosopher." That might be a good start.

On a completely subjective note, I think that Christian and quasi-Christian thinkers who have grappled with Nietzsche, if they're subtle, have known that he wasn't evil, or advocating some kind of amoral return to the blond beast. They generally see him as a the ur-philosopher of "pure Becoming," similar to how Heidegger saw himself. Maybe lacking in a Christian (certainly a Catholic) anchor in the necessity of grace, maybe overemphasising the anthropic dimension of spiritual development, but not evil.

Thanks buddy!
Wow! Thank you for the insight my friend. What is that website? Yeah, it pains my heart to him like that.

I'll check out those philosophers. And yeah Nietzsche wrote beautifully, he's got an in-depth rhetoric. It also seems like he is more elusive because of the nature of aphorism. He's writing with no premises and kinda goes "this is the truth (in a sneering or blunt fashion)".

Website pls

did neechee just think himself to death

link to website ?

MacIntyre - After Virtue

No, he had sex once and it was awful

These two plus Chesterton's Orthodoxy

Sometimes I wonder what thought process one has to go through to become convinced that you are the incarnation of every world-historical figure (maybe all men?) and also God himself.

He could have gotten that idea from hinduism, and it only made sense to him as he was breaking down.

yes its Vedic, Upanishadic in origin
do you really think he had sex with a prostitute and got syphilis? couldn’t he have merely exchanged organic material with someone infected with the disease, and have contracted it in that manner? i just don’t see N wanting to do that, having intercourse with a whore.

Heidegger was about BEING not BECOMING dude

Why not? Sexual morals inscribed by a controling state/church would clearly be something he found amusing and unbinding. Remember a fair bit of Foucault's thinking is inspired by Nietzsche.

I think they chunked it to syphilis because it was easy to explain the symptoms. The theory fell out of favor later and I think the tumor one is more accepred now, what with his father dying from one as well.

Thanks man!

Maybe Miguel de unamuno