What jobs can you get with an English literature degree?

What jobs can you get with an English literature degree?

Shill for publishers

stripper

Just about anything in the food service industry or retail.

A very talented janitor.

Don't forget references for the barista position

Any job that doesn't require another specific qualification. Unless you also have that qualification of course.

You can get into teaching English and telling others to pursuit the same career.

Enough clowning around, I was expecting real answers from Veeky Forums

Write for buzzfeed HA

>still falling for the qualifications meme for jobs outside of shit like medicine ect

It's who you know who matters. Get to work on networking and you will get a decent job no matter your degree

You can be a teacher or professor. You shouldn't go to college expecting a job if you are studying english, study english because you love it and won't mind possibly making less money doing what you enjoy.

Agreed. Also how you interview, how you look, your charisma. Barely about qualifications unless you are applying for a highly specific position.

this board is full of midwits and shit posters, you thought wrong

you could get a job as an editor, a writer for a magazine or online pub, could possibly become a HS teacher, or undergrad professor depending on GPA and school you got degreed from, could also be unemployed like most English majors. That’s it. its one of the lowest iq majors for a reason

You can do anything with most degrees fuckwit. The key is to manage expectations. Your major means nothing.

If you're a woman just about anything
If you're a man, probably retail

You are a NEET I can tell.
>What jobs can you get with an English Literature degree
They way you asked that question tells me everything about you, no the fact that you ask that question.
College is a meme at this point and just about everyone knows it. Work experience and connections is what matters. I knew someone who made 100k a year with a computer science degree and his boss was an art history major.
You don't even need a degree, college is just a great place to network.

Librarian. You gotta get a master's for it tho.

A pilot in the Air Force.

Real shit, my sister got a job as an editor at a fairly large publishing house.
She STARTED at 70k, cost of living where she was meant that she could barely put anything away tho.
Within 3 years she totally burnt out. Quit after 4.
She's pursuing a med degree now, and reads YA shit almost exclusively.

Technical Writer
Teacher
Editor (if you are jewish and or female)

that's realistically it.

I don't think there's such a job that requires an English degree besides being a professor. Humanities don't really require a specific degree since they're low IQ jobs.

>You are a NEET I can tell.
>They way you asked that question tells me everything about you
I'm actually going into my final semester of an English literature degree and I've been working since I was a teenager.

Asking "what jobs will my degree get me" is the most boneheaded thing you can ask. Work hard and you will get any job you want.

Not true. You need IQ.

That's implied.

>Asking "what jobs will my degree get me" is the most boneheaded thing you can ask
This tbphwy

So why do you need to ask? You've looked at job adverts, no? You've seen the bit which specifies required qualifications and experience.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Directly, not a whole lot however, it gives you a good base to do some other advanced work that's more marketable, and the piece of paper will get you in the door at some places.

The degree isn't going to get you a job. You get yourself a job and the degree helps you advance.

You’ll end up having to invest in knee pads.

post-situationist information guerilla dedicated to the detournement and revolutionary subversion of the media ecosystem. (it's a full time job)

>English Lit is a low IQ subject
>Veeky Forums is allegedly the highest IQ board.
If true why is this so? Is it because of the all the women in English Lit who turn almost every book into a feminist one?

Back to /pol/, drumpfy