[Adv/Lit] How do I stop wasting time on mindless entertainment rather than reading

I could post this on adv but the people there are literal mouth breathers and would tell me to piss over my house in order to assert dominance or some stupid shit.

I know I can do the work(reading) because during the school year I just go to the library and can focus for hours on end on a book, but whenever I'm at home all I want to do is watch King of the Hill and cool documentaries. Anyone got some advice for someone trying to work at home and get shit done?

Yeah, sell your TV get a shitty old computer that doesn't play video and use a flip phone.

Is this really the only option? Is there something less extreme I can do = /.

A big step is not looking at your phone in the morning and starting the loop, read first thing in morning for 15m and it will change your day

if you think that's extreme then yes that's the only option for you = /

you need to harness and amplify your sense of shame and actuate its productive potential

btw don't call people mouthbreathers in between mouth-breaths

find a place where there’s complete silence and drop your phone, that’s what I do

Interesting. Never thought about that.

>reading is not a mindless entertainment

the state of liberals jajajajajajajjajajajajajajajaja

Whats not mindless entertainment for a conservative?
Actually unironical question btw

Hunting probably. Or working on their truck.

This, and also things like home repairs. Conservatives tend to value practical skills that save time, money, or a combination of the two. I guess you could call that simple, but it solves a lot of the lower-end complications of life.

Hey Muck, do you agree that Joyce intended Buck to be alpha AF and Stephen to be a bitch?

no he wasn't self-deprecating in that way

regardless of what he intended, though, that's how they came out
>tfw no stately plump bf to chuckle softly and put you in a headlock until you faint

Hunting, fishing, gardening, fixing old cars, home improvement

Muck where did you go? I haven't seen you since you got all butthurt about people calling you a tripfag

My hobbies include btfoinng libtards

Inbreeding.

i think that was just one person but even then it was a brief presence between long absences

i have only enough free time now to read, not to shitpost about reading. but i am on break right now and felt lonely tonight and thought this would feel good and nostalgic, and it does

fuck off tripfag

Can confirm, I moved to California with a shit laptop and an even shittier phone and forced myself to do nothing but read and write as much as possible.

Once you learn self control however, you can own whatever you want as long as you keep reading and writing. I find that a bit of mindless entertainment is good for you given that its used as a way to relieve the stress of your studies instead of something that takes up your life.

good and nostalgic

>Having the balls to have a name

HEY

FUCK YOU MAN

Not OP here
How do I actually concentrate myself on reading?
Would renouncing masturbation help?

>renouncing masturbation
You're thinking backwards; you need to integrate masturbation into your study, not remove it entirely.

Ceasing masturbation does not give you superpowers. The discipline from willful abstinence, however, bleeds over into most aspects of life that require discipline.
To answer your question directly: discipline comes from figuring out what you don't want to do and then doing it in spite of yourself. There is no paved road to the actualized self.

You don't have to be lonely, I missed you. Lemme write you shitty poetry and stories that you can call shit. It's like scat.

Don't quit the (((entertainment))), goy. Your brain will become big after watching tv shows and playing computer games.

Reading can be as "mindless entertaining" as anything else.
Tackle your self-pity problem first, all else that follows will come easier.

Can confirm. This works. Don't start your day in front of a screen. The reading I get done is always in the morning before my mind is clouded by technology and my job.