/sžg/ Slavoj Žižek general

This board has been taken over by Jordan Petersen and Nick Land to the extreme lately, so can we show some love to the original Veeky Forums philosopher

>Discush pure ideology
>Recommend books and articles
>Recommend lectures
>Post memes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_OAWRinR6GM
withendemanndom.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/slavoj-zizek-philosophaster-and_9.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

god, i hate these threads "lets talk about this, guys" while one has nothing to say

Stop this nonsense and let ziz rest.
He's making preparations for what is coming.

pleb

Read pic related quite recently, I would heavily recommend it. Zizek only has the introduction, but it's a good introduction, which if I remember correctly focuses a lot on the concept of "divine violence". Interesting stuff.

It was suggested to me in other thread (one with anime ass and Zizek below) that I should read "First as tragedy, then as farce. Bought the book, haven't read it yet.
But I think that pretty much makes me a communist, as much as having Bible makes you Christian.

>But I think that pretty much makes me a communist, as much as having Bible makes you Christian.
Can't tell if you are being ironic or not, but both of those things (christian and communist) are decided by your actions, not your books or thoughts.

Thanks for explaining my joke, user

Requesting every single article available online he has written about Star Wars

This place is filled with retards, I couldn't just assume you were joking.

why did he allow that picture to be taken?

This is a great debate

youtube.com/watch?v=_OAWRinR6GM

He is a plagiarist.
withendemanndom.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/slavoj-zizek-philosophaster-and_9.html

This is alpha behavior

He just wants to be like his daddy Lacan.

his grad student or whatever plagiarised it and sent it to him. Honest mistake to make, it's not like he even read that garbage book

Lmao he's such a brainlet he had plagiarize a Culture of Critique review

>he doesn't plagiarize
not gonna make it

How hard is to read him? Where should I start?

Pic related, from another thread on Zizek

Wow

Props to you for posting this and for the original poster. I had no idea Zizek was so interesting. That is dead-on what I've been trying to find in contemporary philosophers, on about six different levels. I knew Zizek was intersecting with a couple of these themes but I would always put off finding out just what he's about, because he seems to be a graphomaniac.

Not that hard, he's a lot clearer in text form than when he speaks publicly. I haven't read nearly enough of his stuff, but "Welcome to the Desert of the Real" has some interesting takes on 9/11 and its impact, and "Demanding the Impossible" is a nice summary of his views on a lot of topics