Psychology

what do i need to read to understand this paragraph

An IQ with three digits. Sorry, OP.

Context

This is the second paragraph. I need help with the conceptual vocabulary.

My diary desu

Distracting the person can make some forms of hypnosis easier.

Of which gypsies are well aware.

The only word that could be problematic is ''ideomotor''. The rest of the vocabulary is fairly easy to understand with some minimal medical knowledge.

I'm asking what book you dumb nigger

it's not a book you fat faggot

Don't have minimal medical knowledge. Don't the phrases like 'cognitive production responses', 'attentional resources', etc. refer to psychology-specific concepts? I know what the words mean, but it looks like they are referring to particular theories.

So what's the source of the text you cum gobbling hankerpanker

OP, where did you find this? Their psychological terminology isn't exactly following the DSM-V.
Who the fuck describes hallucinations as an "ideomotor and cognitive production response"? Why not just say "auditory and visual hallucinations" so the terminology is actually clear?

Check em, and also,
>cum gobbling hankerpanker
I hope you write poetry user.

i left it at home, but it's an academic article i found while searching my college's archive for papers on hypnosis

Then if you want my advice, get a psych minor. If you want to properly understand this stuff, field-specific academic jargon, thats a good route. No one expects you to pick up a biological study and start reading it without a grasp of scientific principles.

Or? Since you're at a fucking academic institution, ask a professor this question
>what do i need to read to understand this paragraph
Instead of the fucking internet.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm not still in school—my college just lets us use the logins forever. Was hoping for some intro psych/psychology canon recs to read what a minor might before coming back to this. Maybe I can just find a syllabus, but sometimes if you catch someone on ehre who knows what they're talking about, you can save a lot of time.

>Academic article
It's fucking retarded, throw that shit out
All you need to know about memehypnosis was already said by Jung and Freud, but it's dumb shit that is irrelevant now in the field of psychology.
If you still want some basic psychology to learn you look for "Handbook of Psychology", it has everything you'll need to know in 12 volumes.

Otherwise, you can continue on your pleb path and read some pop psy articles from the 50s and cry on Veeky Forums that Freud was a fraud.

I will never.

>psychology
>academic

btw hypnosis is as real as bending spoons with your mind

Are you saying that you don't think hypnosis is anything more than a fraud? Literally not one psychology professional thinks that

>All you need to know about memehypnosis was already said by Jung and Freud
No one needs to learn anything from Freud if they want an introduction into actual proper psych.
>cry on Veeky Forums that Freud was a fraud.
He was
>I will never
Why the fuck not
Oh, thats understandable.
A syllabus might work too. I'm probably just biased because I'm ankle deep in academia, but I still think just shooting a professor with the relevant knowledge a quick polite email would be your best bet.

Nigger
Nigger

Freud is a fraud is a dumb meme from people with no connection with psychology.
Hypnosis is irrelevant today.
Introduction to psychoanalysis by Freud is actually a good way to get an intro in psychology, it's interesting, well written and explains an important part on how this new science tried to explain the unconscious.

>btw hypnosis is as real as bending spoons with your mind
No idiocy surprises me on this board anymore.

>All you need to know about memehypnosis was already said by Jung and Freud, but it's dumb shit that is irrelevant now in the field of psychology.
>Hypnosis is irrelevant today.

Also see

You're a really sad and dumb kid if you think hypnosis is relevant in this day and age. I suggest (get it? Suggest, lel) that you pull your head out of your ass and learn a bit about how research is done and you'll understand why hypnosis is irrelevant.

>relevant
hmmm