God is dead

What did he mean by this?

Try the archive nigger

Thats what I say whenever I look at my twizzler

did neechee just think himself to death?

Are you using racial slurs because our cultural standards have been BTFO by a lack of God and thus you resort to this?

“The Death of God is about the drying up of a horizon of meaning, and of a whole form of human life. And about Nietzsche’s both fear and exhilaration at what might come next. We still to a large extent live in the interregnum between worlds, if you will, or between paradigms. Not many people in the history of the world have faced that; lived in periods like that.“

science has made it so the common man has lost his faith

The syphilis in his brain was speaking to him

Shut up and delete this thread faggot

Absolutes have been rendered untenable by our scientific findings and philosophical musings.

And this isn't a good thing btw

He laments this. Then the 20th century happened.

Now we're fucked and miserable.

Thanks, postmodernism.

We're not necessarily miserable, but most are certainly lost. Or were for some time.

Ever see the amount of spite in this place? Veeky Forums is just a microcosm.

Look at how much negativity is on social media. Look at how many people you know who post all day, every day.

Bud, things are bad. Real bad.

all the reddit niggers need to go back to playing mario kart with their siblings please you’re interrupting my shitposting

>Look at how many people you know who post all day, every day
I don't know anyone though

There is a lot of good will on Veeky Forums and social media too. But I wouldn't place much weight on either place because they both by nature will attract a lot of miserable people.

Morals are necessary for society, faith is necessary to maintain those morals (you need God as a collateral).
God being dead basically means that society is doomed.

Love to hear your thought out arguments why this is wrong and why you're thinking a random thread on the internet is somehow representative for an entire country.

He meant Starbucks had way too many prices and values. It drove him mad, in the end.

I live in Sweden and know the women here.
The argument wasn't meant to depend on the picture, however I do agree with its message but I don't think it's a good proof.

thanks reddit

>morals come from religion
Please

I can't speak of my friend N, but for me God is seriously dead. That's because of my interest in, and co-evolution with, evolutionary biology and a few other fields. He is dead to me for other reasons too, because of personal (philosophical or ideological) issues with the Abrahamic religion. But even if I wanted to believe in God, I can't, it would be larping. That's why the whole neopagan, new age, neoshamanism etc. is also larping. Though some people are so high in schizotypy they don't have to larp. Now the belief in UFOs, that's some of that real ubermensch stuff. It is spontanous, whereas neopagan and all that shit is more like a forced meme.

But I feel as if many of our holy grails, whatever it comes from our high-priests (economic, technolocial or cultural) or from the folk (think folk biology, folk psychology, folk physics and so on) should be dead with the developments in science.

For example, rationalism should be dead. Human exceptionalism should be dead. Heck, with cognitive biases (the murderer of rationalism), biological political science and neurotheology, maybe Atheism should be dead too.

And all those advances in our understanding of the world could lead to kinds of nihilism too. Like biological nihilism. Or cognitive nihilism.

Maybe we need to reconstruct absolutes arbitrarily and then enforce them on the general public via inquisitorial tribunals to recreate meaning?