Why is this board talking about the same exact shit all the time

Why is this board talking about the same exact shit all the time

Two words, pseudo philosophy

That's Veeky Forums a lot of times more than anything else desu

You can post this thread on every board on Veeky Forums and it would still be true.

But especially for this board. Same authors, same topics, same threads, you faggot.

Because we don't READ

>we

books take more time to digest and comprehend than other mediums, reading all the classics would take you a shit ton of time as opposed to let’s say movies or music where you can listen to any full filmography or discography in 2 days

Its a literature board full of people who don't read, do the math

Believe it or not, David Foster motherfucking Wallace has the answer. In his essay about television and irony, he said that the reason that garbage shows get 10+ seasons and the more serious, "prestige" shows get cancelled after two seasons is that most people have very similar taste in garbage, but wildly different taste when it comes to higher brow media.

You've got people on this board who've read Dostoevsky, the Four Great Classical Chinese Novels, and Thomas Pynchon's entire bibliography. But the people interested in these things aren't generally interested in the other things. So what can Veeky Forums agree on? Shitting on Harry Potter, shitting on John Green, shitting on George R.R. Martin, shitting on Rupi Kaur, and shitposting about philosophers nobody here has read.

muh canon circlejerk
it's such a fucking boring board because no one is interested in literature, just acquiring cultural capital.

this entire post is wrong

I think that's just a symptom of adolescence really. Its almost impossible for teenagers or people in their early twenties to see the value of things outside of how it will impact their image or identity, just take comfort in the fact that at least some of the people on this board will eventually move past this.

You're not one of them are you

We all are.

Any community that isn't completely new and set on the premise of original creation will be 'talking about the same exact shit all the time'. The only relevant question really is whether the "same exact shit" is worth talking about constantly

I don't have any friends to build an identity with, so no.

This entire post is wrong

Empty comfort from autistic repetition.

Hey man you're posturing for me right now. But it's okay because I kind of dig it

show me your boypussy

Sorry kid, not interested in having friends or bottoming for skinnyfat decoy twinks such as yourself.

ouu you're a sassy one aren't you?

Yeah man, I've got a bit of a sting to my bite. What about you? Will it sting when you bite my ass?

I'll go easy, I know you're new to this. Say, do you like wearing panties?

Only my dad's. Would you like it if I postured for you with some slick white panties on? If I explained my edgy, friendless life with legs bound in tight stockings?

Oh user stop it, I'm salivating already at the thought of it. Why stop there though? We all know your tight little boypussy aches to be opened up and gaped, plugged up and fucked. Or maybe I'll just masturbate to a clip of you dressed up, reading me infinite jest, with your intimately cracking anxious voice over vocaroo

Merry Christmas you faggots, get a room

I have to go for Christmas dinner now, but please know that as I suck the gravy from my broccoli I'll be picturing the rear-end of your doughy body battling with my lips as I attempt to please you whilst reciting my free-verse poetry.