Who here /postmodern/?

who here /postmodern/?

why not?

>inb4 papa JBP told me not to

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/postmodernism/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We all are. It's the time period we live in.

I don't like postmodernism because structuralist analysis allows us to much more effectively understand the world. In its ideological crusade against structural modes of thought, postmodernism falls prey to the same reductionism which they accuse of Marxists, Freudian psychologists, and semiotic literary scholars.

Post-structuralism just turns everything into a jumbled mess.

we're on the brink of post-postmodern

>Post-structuralism just turns everything into a jumbled mess.

I don't necessarily agree with that thesis. i think that almost every field, branch, discipline, etc. has a set of best-practices and heuristics which they use to
reliably solve the various problems of their respective fields Those won't necessarily go away until something better comes along.

I think that post structuralism has the potential to be more of a curveball than a wrench into the works if that makes sense.
Sure there are risks but i think the worst that could happen are maybe changes in the legislation. Nothing too radical would happen so long as the population were literate.
Think of all the radical changes the arts have underwent in the past few centuries, we have clear and accessible documentation surrounding the before and after of every major movement and genre.

Post-structuralist seems to be more of the foundations for another universalist movement than a movement in itself.

>Post-structuralism
user, this thread is about post-modernism. your post does not follow.

Will we one day lament this transition and say "we need to go back to post-modernism?"

Why should I subscribe to post-structuralism?

you know I really don't wanna be called a pseud for this, but isn't all art (or at least a very large potion of art) inherently post-modernist?

elaborate

When people say postmodernism they're talking about post-structuralism

i think what he means is that the pattern of art movements is postmodern?

>new art is pioneered, developed then ultimately mastered by leading members of a movement
>pastiiche and imitation spread. leading members become pedestalized
>new art becomes standard art
>standard art is challenged by counterculture
>counter culture wins by becoming new art
>old art is thrown onto the pile of old art movements

You shouldn't

And we always will be on the brink of post modernism

Can't it be said that we're already there? Some of us at least? Those aware of the failings of a relativistic epistemology, those faithful few all too tired of deconstructivism, navigating the inter-subjective minefield of existence and what is contemporarily known as culture by the guiding light of the North Star (the presumption (or the faith) that things matter) wearily and with trepidation attempting to avoid the (self-defeating) nature of hyper self-awareness from the dark recesses of isolation (paralysis) stealing elements of the capital f Faith, working/living not necessarily with a hope of making anything better but to muster up what might amount to an appeal (apology) to gnon, with the sullen expectation of expiation?

Anti-psychiatry is dumb. Or maybe I'm an outlier as an actual schizophrenic who needs meds...

>Post-structuralist seems to be more of the foundations for another universalist movement than a movement in itself.
No, you idiot. That's Structuralism.

Postmodern is Jewish garbage. Even Modern was garbage. Premodern is superior in literally every regard and the state of the world is the proof.

holy shit lmao that's why he said we're on the brink

You literally can't go past postmodernism by definition.

>my medithin
>my neurological degeneration and depressed iq and sexual prowess
>my safe thoughts because im too cowardly to be a moral agent
you deserve to die from those pills

Idk I really like not dying of strep throat and having video games

Here is some gold my fellow ledditor xD

If I'm there then we're already past the brink because if *I* am there there's no reasonable chance I'm alone because I am hardly an 'original' thinker.

>why not?
the capacity for critical thinking

Being postmodern is not something you choose

I have to agree with this.

No. The prefix post- usually means 'right after', not just 'after'. It denotes an immediate reaction, and a great deal of time stands between us and the so called modernism.

Imagine a person saying 'I am a post-socratic' or 'we live in a post-renaissance era'. That's how stupid the word postmodernism sounds in your mouth.

Of course you could say you are a postpostmodernist, but that's even more stupid

You don’t have to get a subscribtion. It comes for free with every purchase of a smart phone.

>Compartmentalising artistic history into "premodern, modern, postmodern"
Reactionaries who can't appreciate art due to their political leanings aren't reactionaries in any sense of the word, btw.

Hey hey, he has every right to be an efficient consumer. You lay off him. If your agression persists you should try therapy or smartphones.

I don't even know what postmodernism means. I just hate Jews.

Postmodernism was mostly developed by French Catholics and atheists, although Derrida was Jewish

Because it was centered in France rather than the US or Germany postmodernism is much less Jewish than modernist philosophy

its not even Jewish, people from the media adopted vague derivations of it and it seeped its way into the journo clown consciousness accidentally. the post-moderns were not fans of techno-capitalism, which is what your misplaced anger against kikes should be directed towards. Understand that Anglos, Dutch, Germans, Jews and Chinese are all responsible for the mess we’re in

Someone give me a concise definition of modernism

The bourgeois zeitgeist that formed out of a reaction to late 19th century / early 20th century developments in the West.

In all seriousness I do understand that

>hating techno-capitalism
Why?

Because it's just as responsible for our current predicament as Bolshevism is. Leftism is trash but liberalism is not the answer either.

>current predicament
Outweighed by its benefits.

post-Descartes, pre-Hegel

Postmodernism is actually redpilled, If GRIDS hadn't taken Foucauld and Deleuze before their time, they would have gone full right wing anti sjw.

>crusade
>>implying sovereign agency remains operative in contemporary power mechanics

get good kid

>why not

Saying there is no objective truth is an objective truth.

sorry pal, but literally read even the most basic literature on postmodernism to see that reaction to it, either in the form of regression or will to supersede, is part of its historical manifestation as a cultural logic

>I can't imagine a scenario where the good things we have exist with less of the bad so don't even try
That's very unconvincing.

Definitely starts with Descartes but many Hegel-inspired ideas are very much modern so I don't see how Hegel himself isn't.

wrong, try again for partial credit

>My imagination means it's possible, even if it's never been in the case in all of history
That's very unconvincing.

And prior to capitalism's spread, you could have said the same thing about it as well.

That the benefits of the current system outweigh its negatives? Yes, and that's exactly my point, because every system has benefits, and negatives. These things are inseparable.

Technocapitalism will be replaced only when another system's benefits prove to be greater. But that system's negatives will be greater too.

No, you could have said this-
>My imagination means it's possible, even if it's never been in the case in all of history
about capitalism before it became dominant.

You aren't providing an alternative economic system though. You're saying one might exist in which there are an equal amount or more benefits, but less negatives. But in all systems the negatives have always been inversely proportionate to the system's benefits.

Can somebody explain to me what exactly "postmodernism" is?

Look man, I hate the Jews too, but I think we really need to get to the root of the problem (probably not just Jews) before dismissing major movements that we don't understand. The state of the world isn't proof that Modern or Postmodern stuff is garbage, but it is probably the other way around. Contemporary ideologies are proof that the world is garbage, our sick worldviews stem from a sick world. A healthy world wouldn't produce as much shit as ours. So you have causation backwards I think.

plato.stanford.edu/entries/postmodernism/

captcha: guest simulation

Daddy David told me not to be