George Saunders

Thoughts on him? Is he the most interesting writer in America? (DFW said this)

I read the Tenth of December. What should I read next?

Other urls found in this thread:

openculture.com/2013/03/10_free_stories_by_george_saunders_author_of_itenth_of_decemberi_the_best_book_youll_read_this_year.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't think he's that interesting, but I've only read lincoln in the bardo. he's good at telling stories though

His short story collection is worth a read.

A soy tier 'writer' like DFW and Franzen, try reading his stuff and that gay NPR vocal fray voice will start ringing in your head

'Most interesting writer' lol. He's a Barthelme wannabe who thinks he's some great humanist.

Not far off

Still pretty fun though. A breath of fresh air compared to most american contemp. lit. Hell, Jon Franzen is writing bird watching articles now to supplement his income.

Idk if he is that great, but let’s be honest, writers like the pynchman, Corncob, and others have their best writing behind them. He’s probably the most interesting writer in America who could still improve and write even better stuff.

Yeah I was only dismissive because I don't like when writers who are only great relative to other contemporaries get praised. But better people read him rather than Eggers or some shit. I've read all of his story collections even though I don't think he's special. He's got chops. And in terms of mainstream contemporary fiction he's probably second only to Munro. But people should stay away from contemporary fiction.

Did the mods just delete your interview comment or am i hallucinating

Also, if so, fuck you mods. Where tf are you literally any other time aside from god damn christmas eve when two folks are just trying to have good conversation

Interview comment? I don't think I know what you mean. Maybe you have me confused with someone else. Unless O made a post about an interview and forgot. That's possible I guess, I've made a lot of posts today. What was the post about?

Some poster put some shit about franzen and an interview about birds and the soyboys in the sky deleted it

Oh yeah I saw that. He said Franzen was supplementing his income by writing essays about birds. That wasn't me. I doubt Franzen does it because he needs money though. I'm sure it's a vanity project.

Milquetoast
I couldn't justify reading anything of his

Saunders is one of the only writers that makes me laugh out loud. Please read Pastoralia next.

Dunno but I found ten of his stories free to read online so I'll get back to you

>Jon Franzen is writing bird watching articles now to supplement his income.
Sauce?

link me friend

openculture.com/2013/03/10_free_stories_by_george_saunders_author_of_itenth_of_decemberi_the_best_book_youll_read_this_year.html

Merry Christmas

>But people should stay away from contemporary fiction.

Youre right! The classics we read today should have been completely ignored in their own time!

Pastoralia was quite good