OG self help lit

Recommendations for self help literature that is not written by someone who wants a quick buck please. Maybe even literature that doesn't have self help in mind, but displays stuff like overcoming the self. Eg: I read the conference of birds, and it mentions determination for a life long journey, stuff like that.

I really need discipline and inspiration in my life.

thus spake zarathustra

good luck on your down-going

STOP POSTING QTS I'M SO HORNY AHHH

I read it a long time ago, but I think I might have missed quite a lot back then. Will read again, thanks.

This is a quintessential self-help book if it qualifies (pretty sure it does).

A lot of it is kinda obvious (be nice, don't be argumentative, suck up to people) but it's nice to have it all laid out in front of you, and it's full of examples and interesting small stories of people achieving success with its soft approach.

Not really what I'm looking for. I don't want to be more confident or friendly, I want to be more disciplined, more focused.

I've read this, btw

If you want discipline no book can really help you, but, if you don't think enough read Nietzsche, if you think too much read Epictetus and D. T. Suzuki.

Search for Manuel J Smith and David Burns they are both psychologists.

Read Beyond Good and Evil first. Especially the last chapter. It should make it easier.

>I really need discipline and inspiration in my life.

Just be yourself

Bump for interest

Double bump

Being and Time by Martin Heidegger

At the end of the day, that is the most violent self-help book that has ever been written.

who is this adrianne ho wannabe? lol

Alan Watts' "The Book"

Check out Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, made me actually want to change myself.
Just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain, inspirational if you like dogs and racing.
Currently reading Way of the Peaceful Warrior, and it's pretty chill.

Slight bump

>Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
>How to fail at everything and still win big by Scott Adams
>War of Art by Steven Pressfield
>Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink. Jocko is a former Navy SEAL commander (one of the most decorated of all time), got a degree in English Literature, is a leadership consultant for Fortune 500 CEOs, and a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt who submits UFC fighters on a regular basis.
>Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual by Jocko Willink
>listen to the Jocko Podcast
>Flow by Mihaly Csikzentmihalyi
>Stumbling Upon Happiness by Dan Gilbert
>anything written by Dale Carnegie is pretty good
>some Tim Ferriss podcasts are good, namely episodes with guests Naval Ravikant, Jocko Willink, Chris Sacca, Will MacAskill, Scott Adams
>Joe Rogan podcast episodes with Jocko Willink, Dominic Cruz (surprisingly), Henry Rollins (surprisingly), Gary Vaynerchuk
>Gary Vaynerchuk, one-off videos on YouTube and some interviews with Joe Rogan, James Altucher and any keynote speech of his
>Avoid all books/podcasts/media with Ryan Holiday, he is a pretentious cunt. Anything of value he can say is already in Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, the rest is namedropping and buzzword trash.
>Avoid almost all self-help books/podcasts/media with Seth Godin, his self-help advice is too vague/unclear, but read his marketing books if you are in marketing.

stop posting these jezebels

where do I start with Suzuki?

Im gonna study my favorite natural science field and minor in philosophy.

Anyone jealous?

>The philosophy courses will be my self help courses

I write erotica and am about to publish my next book but after that I was thinking about writing a book on Gnosticism and erotic spirituality and how to apply it to your life. If you wait a year you may read it. For a small fee.

hm

Read how to kill yourself by fuck off, this is a literature board

David schnarch has made me rethink intimacy and also introduced me to the concept of the differentiation of the self. Worth a read if you want meaningful relationships and learn how to stop doing stuff you do 't actually want and only do because you're too afraid of "what others think". Plus it will be the best thing to ever happen to your sexlife.

This man singlehandedly safed my marriage.

>Ryan Holiday
Imagine taking advice from this bugman k*ke

What book? Passionate Marriage?