Manga

I'm here to discuss Nintendo manga that came out previously. If Veeky Forums doesn't like it, I'll fuck off back to /a/.

Does Veeky Forums consider manga and comics as a reading material?

comics/manga are a good medium for telling stories where the environment takes a good chunk of prose to describe for setting atmosphere or where the environment itself plays a key part in portraying a theme relevant to the story
the problem most literary inclined folks have, however, with a lot of manga and comics is that they either tend to have a lot of cliched/recycled ideas or are extremely poorly made with regards to its narrative elements/themes. some other problems lit-inclined people have with comics/manga is that it's considered a "lesser" art form by them as a result of the aforementioned elements (or just blind elitism and uptightness), or that most manga/comics don't try to explore their presented ideas in interesting ways or in ways that only the medium can provide.

>manga and comics as a reading material?
no
>light novels
yes

I can accept that

Fuck off back to rebbit

/a/ - Anime and Manga

I deleted my ago a year ago. The place was too much cancer.

FPBP

This is a nice bait thread, but you should take the name off next time. Makes it too obvious.

Why is it that when an innocent thread is created on this site, it's always considered "bait"? So I like Manga, so what. What's the harm in another reading material user? Grow up.

Why are you being an attention whoring namefag?
Riddle me that.

Shut up.

You should probably discuss manga on the manga board.

I would but i get no where. So fuck it.

t. autistic namefag

Using this thread to post some of my favorite Manga of all time:

Hanaotoko
Believers
20th Century Boys
Adolf
Buddha
Usagi Drop
Fraction
Fuan No Tane
Gankutusuou
Ode To Kirihito
Memories of Emanon
Welcome to the NHK(the novelization is the best version in my opinion)
Oretama
Even a Monkey Can Draw Manga
Tokyo Zombies
Sundome
The Pushman and Other Stories
Undecided
Uzumaki
Vagabond
Watching TV All The Time Makes You Stupid
Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms

>Uzumaki

I love Naruto!

Just because you need to read some text in order to absorb it, it doesn't mean it's reading material.
Neither are manuals or pamphlets.

Of course It's reading material in the literal sense, that you read it in some way. As for whether it's worthwhile reading material, it's on roughly the same level as video games or anime, so No.

>20th century boys
based that's my favorite

Comic books arent literature. Music lyrics arent poetry. Film scripts arent literature. Plays are theater, but have influenced literature so they tend to he discussed here but they arent literature.
If there is more to the medium than text, then its not literature. Hypertextuality is a hybrid form.