Is this book just full of shit or not? I've seen it crop up quite a lot here and am interested in reading it...

Is this book just full of shit or not? I've seen it crop up quite a lot here and am interested in reading it, am I being memed? .

Other urls found in this thread:

theoccidentalobserver.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its been torn apart by reputable scholars and only idiots think it is worthwhile

Why not read it and make up your own mind about it? Of course it has stupid adherents and people who hold it up like an anti-semitic Bible, but I would be even more suspicious of the other side, people who want to use mainstream consensus and arguments from authority to prevent you from reading the book to begin with.

At least the Hitlerites wear their bias on their sleeve and openly tell you to read the book because they think it speaks the truth. As for the other guys, as Raul Hilberg once said,
>it is a sign of weakness not of strength when you try to shut somebody up.

it's one guy that posts about it

And who did you think posted this thread?
When an influence game fails, the next best thing is to pretend it didn't

Neck yourself, OP

>tfw no anne frank gf

any links to legitimate criticisms? i couldn't seem find any when i googled them a while back
it's a meme newfag. i best you think 'my diary desu' is just posted by one person

anybody who says it's been discredited is a jewish shill. every other sentence is cited, it's a thorough scientific paper written by a long time psychology professor. read the book for yourself and draw your own criticisms.

>it's a meme newfag
No, it was shilled hard by one single person for at least a couple weeks before /pol/ caught on and realised it was anti-jew so they started shilling it too
Unfortunately I thought it was going die but here we are now

This looks like a good reason to not bother with this "book". Anyway, I'm not going to spoonfeed you.

same fag in this thread is overwhelming

"reputable scholars"

>(((reputable scholars)))

Any time this book is brought up Veeky Forums seems to explode into REEEEING without managing to offer any argument as to why it's wrong.

It's always *scholars said...* and incoherent REEEEEEing.

Haha, I think Kevin MacDonald would welcome that criticism but it hasn't happened since the book has been ignored by other scholars.

post a link to this tearing apart

It got decent reviews on release.

Shlomo, scurry along plz.

because it's being incessantly shilled on here
same with that sean goonan guy

A lot of books are shilled here. So have you read it?

No

Then why are you itt complaining? Because you're jewish?

Below is Dr. Kevin MacDonald's website, which includes an almost infinite amount of scholarly articles on the jewish problem, if one is hesitant to jump right into the book.

theoccidentalobserver.net/

Go away /pol/.

if you don't want to discuss the book it's you that should leave

>muh equal sides!!11!!

Fuck off with your constant spam, it's not interesting

are you going to discuss a book on a literature board or just whine? if you're not interested in debating literature, you should stop spamming up this thread with your nonsense.

Classic garbage 'no u' strategy - Nobody cares for your shit book you're constantly spamming - you don't want to discuss it's points, you just want to rile up people and spam it forever. Get a life.

Not him but he's right and you're a massive faggot. Go be a whiny jew bitch elsewhere. Why are you itt? Huh? And you're telling other people to get a life? You fucking pussy.

If the book was accurate, the response from academics and the media would be the same, funny that

he's right tho

He's a butthurt jew derailing a thread about jews.

Right, the thread is about jews and not literature.

It's about a scholarly work on the jewish problem. Now do you have anything of substance to contribute to the discussion?

lol you can't even keep your retard baseline straight

>citation needed

google it, Goonan

So no citations then? That's what I thought.

Jew,

It's over. You've been found out and your future will be an anxiety-ridden run-up to your inevitable deportation to Israel.

t. internet tough guy

What's up with you angry internet weirdos shitting up the place?
Get a hobby or something, or consider suicide
Gezeichnet, a German

The goyim know, Hershel. And no amount of stalling will help.

yawn

The book deals with postmodernism too. Very important and worth the read for whites. There's a reason these rat kikes shill so hard against it.

It's not a serious book, just look at the quotes itt.

Post an article or review that discredited it.

I'm not your bitch, Goonan.

Happy Hannukah I got you a present

this

The quotes are mainly quotes of jews and jewish puppets like Foucault. MacDonald is only putting them in context for people not aware of the jewish problem.

t. r/science

Lmao typical passive aggressive feminine frustration of the soy goy on seeing serious attacks on fundamental progressive doctrines gain attention.

Thanks for confirming that this shit is peterson tier

If you're some still-indoctrinated Marxist true believer you should be posting on reddit and not here.

The absolute desperation that must be necessary to make such a pathetic "counter-argument."
The absolute butthurt this book produces in the leftypolacks and the redditors...

sure

Uuuuhh! The scary pomo gay communist satanist are out there!

You jewish hand-puppet posters are beyond pathetic, completely lacking in all ability to think for yourselves.

Just imagine being this reddit.

Yeah it’s just a neonazi meme.

It's a complicated book. Anyone who tells you it's a work of genius had already made up their mind about Jews. Most anyone who tells you it's shit and thoroughly discredited is not being honest. What scholarly "reviews" it has drawn have engaged more with Macdonald's implicit politics than with his arguments. While that's perhaps a valid strategy, it's certainly not going to convince anyone who agrees with Macdonald.

Phone posting so I'll keep this brief, Culture of Critique is concerned with the pathologization of Western Life by Jewish intellectuals. As a result its arguement is based on readings of various intellectual movements. He clearly did quite a bit of secondary research -most every claim is cited. But it doesn't follow that his sources are themselves valid/well-regarded. What's more he engages with primary texts -the ones he is making claims about- through the mediation of those secondary sources. It's pretty easy to dispute his readings and his contextualization of those readings. As a result I don't think the book is very successful.

Refuting Culture of Critique is not a refutation of Macdonald's overall posistion on the Jews. Something the people who shill this book overlook. His other two books - A people who shall dwell alone, and seperation and its discontents- don't live and die by CoC. Both are deeply flawed, but that's a whole other thing.

>getting your philosophy from the same guy you get your hamburgers from
Lmao

>it doesn't follow that his sources are themselves valid/well-regarded
That's what struck me after 15 minutes of research.

>But it doesn't follow that his sources are themselves valid/well-regarded. What's more he engages with primary texts -the ones he is making claims about- through the mediation of those secondary sources.

All academia does this. The difference is MacDonald has a myriad of sources all pointing to one overarching theme, then one can safely deduct that there is something to it.

In this thread you will find the same 2 schizo whyte supremacists posturing, a few jews and younger whytes also posturing:

i know you probably posted this thread you fucking mentally ill dipshit, but:

Some of the accusations have merit, but that they do, is still no general indictment of the Jewish race. The man in question isn’t a scientist, this is not a serious anthropological work and it would not meet the criterion for hard scientific research.

If you look at his website for even a minute, you’ll realize why it was written and who pushes it. Most importantly, the book does what all anti-Jewish theories do, it seeks to conflate stereotypes, rough estimations of jewish presence in this or that field, with actual solid evidence for a Jewish conspiracy. Lastly, the idea that even a little of the worst behavior of Jews isn’t mostly adopted or learned in mirror or response to Anglos, Italians, Phoenicians, Babylonians, Germans, Russians etc is as preposterous as the idea that Jews are guilty of nothing described within the text. If you are curious, then by all means please read this text.

Be warned that doing so has a few consequences: the first of which being that you are being inundated with one sided, incomplete, hardly scientific arguments (not real observations) that are designed to make you hate Jews as a people entirely; the next is that if you do not do the due diligence of checking the veracity of these claims nor in attempting to refute them (which if it were a scientific work, this would be your duty as a scientific investigator as with all hypotheses) then you are basically indoctrinated; finally, you really need to understand that this book is not taken seriously precisely because no one who reads it realizes the first point or bothers with the second, much like other propagandist tomes this causes a sense of disdain which is not easily shaken.

Go ahead and read it, come back here and whine about kikes for all I care. Just know that the entirety of anti-Semitism has always been a hatred of femininity, intellectualism, enterprise, resilience and a keen understanding of suffering which are actually the traits that Whytes despise in Jews. the nepotism, neuroticism, greed and lisciviousness is of course repulsive and I don’t blame Whytes for being averse to being around those traits, its just projection to think that Whytes, especially the upper classes don’t display these awful behaviors in their own turn. Even a cursory examination of Dutch, Anglo or Germanic bourgeois history will illuminate the extent of the poverty of morals that these other races displayed without any help from Jews worth mentioning.

One final note, the complete failure of Jews to properly defend themselves against anti-Semites because of neurotic oversocialization and their sympathetic whyte counterparts is pretty pathetic. This is why /pol/ steamrolled everyone, fear and neuroticism

(((well-regarded)))

>All academia does this
Completely untrue. Most academics work with trustworthy sources or at least try to. Manipulative writers will pile on whatever seems to support their claim.

>a myriad of sources all pointing to one overarching theme
fascinating

If anyone is interested in reading an actual credible work that talks about Jewish social patterns contributing to how anti-semitism developed there's Origins of Totalitarianism by Hannah Arendt.

The point is whatever is politically correct is what is considered trustworthy or well-regarded. And whatever is politically correct is defined by money interest.

meant for

What about valid?

I'm not interested in the Jewish problem per-se (unlike the other poster in here), I'm interested in all tactics and behavior described by the book. More fascinated by the process rather than by who, even if you consider the jews most successful or originators of that particular behavior, it's certainly not exclusive to their tribe/group.

Obviously I don't have to point out that it's particularly easy to push nonsense in fields where proving things isn't as definitive as in mathematics.

Math isn't the only acceptable proof of validity in all cases, user.

Well then you’ll need to read some texts on Jrwish culture, rabbinical practices, banking and axcounting, family dynamics, mercantilism, shopkeeping and enterprise, language and ancient, medieval and modern jewish history. also some actual evolutionary biology would be helpful too, as with any human group they are governed by natural laws which they cannot supercede with culture. For all of that, and Im being nice here, you’d need to do your own research and ask some Jews (or *nglos) to politely steer you towards the appropriate texts. the Whyte supremacist community is incapable, outside of copy pasting, of actual research into these matters. this work, imperium and goebbels’/hitler’s ravings are their creedos. again, by all means delve into this text, just bear in mind the aforementioned side effects and caveats to doing so. Good luck user, have fun with whatever

The book is I believe around 20 years old and has held up extraordinarily well. Proponents like myself can concede that MacDonald was a bit off on things like his conception of postmodernism (who isn't even now?) but still spot on about the main points about the jewish ethnic strategy and the pathologization of the goyim they engage in to redirect blame for their behavior. It's an essential book for whites to read, period.

oh im seeing what you’re saying, well the tactics are really just in-group survival strategies and an understanding of market dynamics. you’d need to research the history of economics, game theory, evo-biology, genetics and political theory for all of that. very big task ahead of you, if you’re most interested in the method and not the executors of it. No one’s ever asked that before on here, good for you

>culture of critique
>scholarly
>literature
lmao. go back to the sffg, fucking newfag. it's probably more your speed. fucking 19 year old white edge NEETbux shitting up the board.

Cite examples of him relying crucially on entirely worthless sources. Besides his entire book is not about merely the ideas of the movement's in question but also their dynamics, ethnic composition, goals and effects.

These two comments are examples of pilpul. Beware the subtle straw-manning and myopia of jews and their useful idiots.
Entirely, and obviously worthless comments.

>crucially
lol

I think that behavior is very prominent in every-day life. I'm interested in how "conspiracy" (NOT in the Dan Brown illuminati meaning of the term) structures power/social hierarchies.

Try this one jewboys