Stack Thread

Post Your Stacks - Both Christmas and just general.

Here's all the stuff next to my bed, I have another stack in the mail too, though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0Z760XNy4VM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will you read all of those?

agape agape

I have read about half of them so far. I keep some there in case I want to re-read passages I liked instead of continuing in the book I'm currently reading that night.

Today's new stack

I don’t get the idea of a ‘stack’

Am I the only one noticing the dildo?

Uhh...

Cannot be unseen. Is OP a grill?
Post bobs vagene.
If you're a faggot die of aids.

What? Knopf? Oxford? Putnam? You don't like the publishers?

>tfw you will never have a soy boy trap gf

Damn that's good

kek

What are we looking at...? Is there a bobby pin or something???

dildo in the back bruh

OP here. Well, I'm embarrassed. I'll say that. Not ashamed though, just embarrassed.

But... are you a gril?

I am, but I also don't generally bring it up because every time I do things get very creepy and hostile very fast.

Black dildo? Is OP a fag or a gurl?

>very creepy and hostile very fast.
Show bobs and vagena.
Also sharpie in pooper.
Are you single.
Do you have Skype?
I love you XXX.

I mean, I don't care about these jokes. Like garden variety misogyny isn't new or very intimidating and this is obviously a meme to some degree.

I wouldn't be here if I couldn't handle some but it's just generally not a good idea to bring it up because it mostly isn't relevant to discussion.

Attention whore, why did you put the dildo in the picture? You did it on purpose, did you not? You just did it so you could claim that you are a woman. Very sad. Go seek attention on a cam site, you whore. Tits or GTFO.

>reading the secret garden when you're not a pre-teen

Creepy. What's next, the Heidi trilogy?

This is some galactic brain stuff. I would have deleted the photo if it wasn't too late.

Why do you have two copies of Gravity's Rainbow?

The one I read is falling apart and being held together with clear packing tape. I found the other at a used book store and picked it up for a few dollars.

Fair enough, though for myself if I've read and enjoyed something well enough that it starts coming apart I'd spring for a hardcover of it or somesuch. Or an early edition/printing.

Different financial circumstances probably.

hey OP its fun going to secondhand bookshops but you don't have to get the books that are falling apart

why do you leave your dildo just lying around like that?

My turbo-dyke spidey sense is going off.

More astute than he surely realized.

The goal of this photo was to show off the dildo by putting books around it. Shit was likely meticulously staged.

How is Babel-17? I've been meaning to get into some Delany and I'm wondering if that or Dhalgren would be the best place to start.

I'm pretty sure the Bantam editions are the only accurate editions of Pinecone's novels available in the US. Definitely true in the case of V. at least.

Because it's my apartment and I don't bring very many people here.

Not homosexual, but thanks for the thought.

Dhalgren is probably not the best place to start just because it's so long and aimless but I'd say it is more representative of what I like in Delaney than Babel-17.

Babel-17 is a kind of interesting sci-fi concept, Dhalgren is Finnegan's Wake in the post-apocalypse.

It's just cheaper to buy them second hand hand usually the cover art is better. I try to get them in decent condition but they aren't always. Some are work out from rereadings too but not all. Most of these I paid under $5 for.

My gf's family got me these 3 books and Old Man and the Sea but I already read that.
Any of them worth reading? I think I've heard good things about Lecture
Machiavelli is my current book for reference as to what I like.

Just realized I posted seriously in a bait thread

It's not a bait thread. I just fucked up.

Jesus Christ, everyone is so paranoid.

topkek

Left is the christmas stack.
It has the new L’Etranger translation and an anthology of Wilhelm Busch’s stories.

Right is what I’ve been reading and checking out.
>Leiden des jungend Werthers
>Book 3 of War and Peace
>The History of Russian Music

This is some high quality bait

>girl posts picture of books with dildo behind books
> makes sure it is slightly visible

Gotta hand it to women, they know how to be attention whores intelligently

I hate everyone on this board.

why read crime and punishment in english?

I got a bunch of books for Christmas but all of them except The Prince are on the way:
The Divine Comedy
Edgar Allen Poe's Complete Stories/Poems
Complete works of Plato
The Black Cloud
Farenheit 451
Lord of the Flies
Catcher in the Rye
Le Morte D'Arthur
A field guide to Demons, Fairies, Fallen Angels and other subversive spirits
Atlas Shrugged

Why?

Why not? If I don't exercise my English, it gets rusty.
It was also cheaper and prettier than a Hungarian copy

>my friend said he read that shit in two days and understood most of it...
Does he also tell you about the wings he uses to fly to Mars?

Eternal Stack + christmas addition Finnegans Wake which my girl got me

have you tackled phenomenology yet? my friend said he read that shit in two days and understood most of it...

yeah he's a shitbird

Here's my fiction stack. (Other than the Houellebecq)
Only the top four books are Christmas gifts.

Got a lot to get through this year!

>you have to be gay to enjoy stimulating your prostate
i honestly feel bad for you, youll go your whole life without ever knowing the greatest pleasure your body is capable of

Jezebel, you goddammed Jezebel!
Get out, REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Faggot, I'll keep my asshole tight.

>I'll keep my asshole tight.
waiting for the right guy to come along, huh? it's ok honey, I'm sure you'll impress him

kekkels

This here, don't be fucking naive, Veeky Forums. If this isn't a troll then OP is an obnoxious attention whore, but it's probably a troll.

just the closest stack to me.

hmm

Fuck it. I guess it's less embarrassing if you think this is a troll anyway.

Here's a question for you though, do you think I bought the dildo just for this joke, or because I actually use it?

I would assume if you're so casual about where you leave your dildo, it's because you have it in near constant use.

Question for you. Is it preferable that I satisfy myself with a dildo or with many sexual partners?

I don't think it matters to be honest. I used to think it was really important, but I was impressionable and liked to please crowds. Now that I can see the plight of sexuality in a somewhat more telescopic view, I can say it's better to do what makes you happy. In a week, a NEET can get a job, have tons of sex, and have his life turned around. That doesn't make him a better person.

you don’t think using carcinogenic plastics and phalates to sodomize yourself with a massive phallus high on drugs is a reflection on someone’s character? especially a male’s?

Woah woah, who said I was high on drugs?

I guess my answer would depend on if I am one of those sexual partners, or your future husband.

But to stay on topic, I'll contribute my "stack". I don't like having a large backlog of books. It discourages me, and I never get through them. all. So I intentionally limit myself to a maximum of 3 at any given time.

>those tiny books in the base of the stack instead of the massive ones

you didn’t deny the male part, why did you choose homosexual proclivities user? you understand that this is a female sexual survival strategy?

You don't think someone who requires the immediacy and caustic atmosphere of social versatility a reflection of power hoarding? Isn't that a martyr?

Sure I'll agree to having myself a little licentious love on my own. I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I turned into the exact opposite though.

Interesting. I like always having enough books that I don't have to worry about having more new stuff to read.

I'm almost done with The Recognitions and am planning to read JR next, but if after I'm done I feel like taking a quick break from Gaddis I like that I have Pedro Paramo and End of the Road cued up.

I don't care if people believe I'm female or not but what reason do any of you have to believe that I'm a drug addict?

I never really worry about not having enough books on hand. It seems highly doubtful I'll blast through 3 books before I have time to shop. Besides, I love the opportunity to browse a thrift shop for the random books they get from donations.

Is The Recognitions something you would recommend?

I definitely would if you want bitingly sarcastic and pessimistic take on artists and conceptions of authenticity. It's way more readable than I thought it would be as well.

I would say it's an easier read than Gravity's Rainbow or early Gass. It does get more experimental in parts though with some stream of consciousness stuff if that's your thing.

>sarcastic and pessimistic take on artists and conceptions of authenticity
This actually grabs my attention. I was planning on picking out another Umberto Eco book for the next spot on my reading list, but maybe I will bump that back a notch and give The Recognitions a try. Thanks for the info!

Hope you enjoy. It takes I bit to warm up but I was sold on the book after page like 250.

They're all engineering textbooks and technical manuals. I haven't read a piece of fiction in months, and I feel so much more enlightened for it.

Bottom shelf is mostly for uni

youtu.be/0Z760XNy4VM

You're one of the "beautiful ones".

>have you tackled phenomenology yet?

Yeah I'll be starting it in a few days.

also nice stack.

>Republic to Reich

Kek you did Modern History in the HSC didn't you.

Sick flag in the back.

enjoy Stoner

>anal+exhibitionism+possibly homosexual+sex toy=?

BITCH LASAGNA

r8 it please

I've seen this stack maybe a dozen times already

I think I've successfully trained my family to give me good books for Christmas. Well, most of them.

it's posted in every stack/purchase thread there is

nice

I got this from someone who discovered it on this board. Thought it would suck. It was brilliant. Thanks /lit

Everything okay at home, bud?

What is your opinion of George Soros?

He is fucking old. So old, that he has trouble speaking. He might have done some shady stuff but I sincerely doubt that he is Satan incarnate.

Still had this stack for a while, been chipping away at it.
Not pictured are: God's Revelation to the Human Heart-- Fr. Seraphim Rose (in the mail), Russian and Soviet Awards (dual language book, resourse only)

the bottom stack is my currently reading, and the top two books above the Voices from Stalingrad book are: Nihilism: Root of the Modern World-- Fr Seraphim Rose and War is a Racket-- Smedley Butler.

I just started reading Forgotten Soldier, so don't give me shit.

>The thick BUSH BOOK
Looks cool, you go camping?