Mishima's Confessions of a Mask

Considering your own experience, do you think Mishima's opinion of heterosexual men feelings for women is accurate.

I'm heterosexual and found myself closer to the author/Kochan than any of the heterosexual men he described.

My sentence is not very expressive. I will try to explain.

Mishima describes feelings that I never experienced. Everything seems excessive. Immoderate shyness. Uncontrolled sexual desires.

My feelings toward women are intellectualized, more closer from the feelings Kochan thinks he has for Sonoko.

Quite an odd situation. What I took from the book is that Kochan is trying to convince himself to love Sonoko, and only partially succeeds. What he never manages with her is lust; he only manages that with men (and depictions of men). He forces himself to become attached to her, to become obsessed with the idea of being with her (and does genuinely like her, non-romantically), but is never actually sexually attracted to her.

It sounds like you just have a fairly weak sex drive. Nothing to be ashamed of. The uncontrolled sexual desires and 'immoderate shyness' (Probably the best succinct description of the feeling I've read) are byproducts of strong arousal. When something really turns you on, you lose a number of inhibitions, but also gain some (at least in my experience).

I'm impressed. With the 5 unexpressive sentences I wrote, you managed to highlight precisely the thoughts I had after reading this book.
Objectively, a 'fairly weak sex drive' would be a reasonable explanation for my eventless life. I realized that I never really loved a woman ; the only thing I loved was IN the woman. For example, the attention she gave me or the talent she had.
Realizing this, I'm asking myself a lot of questions on my sexuality. I never experienced any sexual desires for men but... This is why I was hoping for more testimonies. Thank you for your comment.

Anyone else really hate gays, AKA the politically correct lgbtsjw community? It's their sense of righteousness that gets me, you just know they think they are better and more progressive than you because they are weak, oppressed victims. The cult of the rainbow is a secular religion, notice how corporations try to associate themselves with gay victimhood in order to make their products seem virtuous. It's slave morality, just like the church with their crucifixes. I like to picture them all as evil blue haired sjws who prey on children

Not a problem. I wouldn't call the sentences inexpressive; you manged to effectively get across a mild state of sexual confusion rather effectively.

As far as attraction goes, it might be that you've just not met somebody you're attracted to yet, or you might fall towards the asexual side of the spectrum. I'm bisexual, so the book had a strange impact on me (the times he's talking about Sonoko felt to me like times I tried to convince myself to be attracted to someone who was interesting on a personal level but not interesting on a sexual level) but the attraction elements were definitely familiar. If you're more towards the asexual side, hell, that might be better; you can judge how much you like people far more objectively.

If you don't feel an attraction to men, I wouldn't worry about being gay (the post did seem a bit worried about that). If you're homosexual, you'd know. I'd say Mishima portrays the early life of a (definitely sadistic) homosexual young man in a repressive society quite well. if you didn't identify those same alien feelings of lust to men, you're not gay.

In any case, I hope you figure some more out about yourself. it's certainly an excellent book for reflecting on sexuality.

That is just capitalism

That is just capitalism

And but yet you turn around and victimize yourself, thinking of them as evil, imagining a conspiracy. Talk about slave morality, right?

I feel they have it way easier than me, cause they get put in a pedestal for getting fucked in the ass.

That is just capitalism

> i am the victim
Lmao

Also they are deliberately and systematically indoctrinating children with their queer theories and their gender ideologies. I feel like homosexuality is first and foremost a political ideology which we should be allowed to criticize. It's a religion with its own dogmas and unquestionable sacred texts (Judith butler)

Dude, I remember one of my coworkers
a few months ago was this 'girl' who used to give off evil vibes, you knew something was 'off' so to speak. Later I learnt from another coworker 'she' was in fact a transsexual! They are pushing this ideology big time. Believe me, this is not normal.

Good thread except for the non-sequitir polshit - though I can’t say it’s without its charm.

The innocence of your post hypnotizes

Behold! The victims!

Stop posting this whiny shit in every thread. Half the fucking site is /pol/.

By /pol/ logic more than half the world is run by jews. Why complain?

And yet you use loli.

Where do I start with Mishima? I bought Spring Snow the other day but I'm not sure if it's better to begin with something else.

Confessions of a Mask

Probably confessions, but I'm not sure if starting with Spring Snow is also meant to be good?

>Judith butler
>unquestionable
I've seen her get torn to sheds by plenty of different academics.

>I feel like homosexuality is first and foremost a political ideology which we should be allowed to criticize
Except for all the science that defends the modern understanding of homosexuality.

>Also they are deliberately and systematically indoctrinating children with their queer theories and their gender ideologies
You mean ideas that are confirmed by science. You sound like a creationist complaining about people teaching evolution.

I think Spring Snow is his best book. It's self contained as well so you can have a complete experience without carrying on the tetralogy. It probably isn't the most Mishima like book (that plays out in the other books in the series) so it comes down to do you want his best or do you want his typical.

You need to jerk it with a bro to find out more about yourself. It will awaken your homosensuality.

>We are all the same inside
But what if I ordered my Whopper without lettuce and the guy in front of me did? By this wrappers logic that would make us fundamentally different on the inside.
Also what if I don't eat at Burger King? Does that make me asexual in this context?