After seven years... I have finally finished the western canon. Now what?

After seven years... I have finally finished the western canon. Now what?

Other urls found in this thread:

bokklubben.no/SamboWeb/side.do?rom=WB
bokklubben.no/SamboWeb/side.do?dokId=65500
greaterbooks.com/norway.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

move on to sci-fi and mystery

maybe try, for one fucking second, to reflect on any single thing you've read and see if you've used it to improve your life. if you haven't done so yet, then you missed the point to literature and art and are a gigantic fucking faggot

what were your top 5 favorite works? what set them apart?

I lied, I don't know how to read

>the point of literature and art is self inprovement

art should add flavor to your life, if it isn't then you are pointlessly ingesting it

you're wrong

not that user

You read it again. Also, if you've read them all you'd probably have an idea of where to go next but I'm going to tell you anyways. The answer is the poetry of Rupi Kaur. You can't call yourself educated without reading that.

you've now discovered that experiences mean nothing and that your relationship with being can't be explained by, enacted by, actualized by or completed by reading lit or doing any kind of consumptive activity. The next thing you can waste your time doing is trying to create or build something of your own. Most people can't do this so they join corporations or charities or have kids. That too will leave you unsatisfied, have a blessed day user

>add flavor to your life
stupid individualist

What if i use art/what i read to try and inspire others. It adds no flavour to my life but it might add flavour to the lives of others.
Some books make me hmmm but in them i found nothing groundbreaking that would change my life in a meaningful way.

what if you're a nigger and don't care about anything

you jelly?

The eastern canon ... duh.

>relationship with being can't be discovered by lit
>now discovered that lit doesn't teach you this
>experiences are nothing
>being is experiences
>being is therefore nothing
>relationship to nothing
>can't be found
uh huh

lol'd

Is there an infograph here for the western cannon? I know about starting with the greeks but That alone could fill a shelf it seems. If OP read and absorbs . What he read you'd think he's have some idea of where he would want to go from there. Who knows.

yes there is read the Wiki please

It took you 7 years to read a 500 page book? lmao damn nigga like just turn off your screen like just stop aaahhahahhahaha

bokklubben.no/SamboWeb/side.do?rom=WB
bokklubben.no/SamboWeb/side.do?dokId=65500
greaterbooks.com/norway.html

Play Grand Theft Auto V

Thank you~

Where does one find the western canon....... :)

Ft. West

you could have posted some lithe dragon goddess, instead i get neotenous mongoloid grill

extremely upset desu, you’d better use that fucking wiki you bitch

You read it again except this time you actually read it

Literally start with the Greeks and the Bible. To press on without these under your belt would be a fool’s errand and you will miss out on 90% of the allusions.

Pali canon

no, shoo shoo buddha jesus worshipper

Start with the Greeks

You are now ready for Harry Potter.

Suicide seems to be the most reasonable course of action for this conundrum.

>not the southern canon first