What are your hobbies user

>what are your hobbies user
>I like reading philosophical works
>oh, what do you think is the meaning of life?

>What philosophical topics are you interested in? metaethics, ontology, epistemology?
>I like political philosophy

Well did you tell him about spooks?

That's a good question. Would you prefer people to just be completely disinterested?

Well what is it then?

How would you genuinely respond, though?

absurdism

You ask someone what he likes to read.
He says "philosophical works".

What do you say next?

internalism or externalism?

How dissapointing.

Anyone who would say "philosophical works" is pretentious.

>what kind of philosophical works?
>o-oh you meant logic
>oh yeah maths are cool user
>y-yes i do enjoy creating proofs
>yes its true there is no such thing as being or god
>wow that’s fascinating, yeah i guess numbers could be real in a sense
>oh “in a sense” has no meaning? to you. haha ok user. wow you are FUN

I signal high interest in a bunch of philosophical areas plus autistically large knowledge of politics, but never talk about political philosophy itself, leaving people to connect the dots. A handful so far have assumed I'm some kind of crypto or quietist reactionary. Most assume I'm a disinterested communist.

Well?

>dunno, that's why i read philosophy

but the universe is meaningless too, therefore we are meaningless within a dimension that provides no meaning, therefore our search for meaning is done. We are nothing within nothingness, we are individually as meaningful as the universe, i.e. all things are equal, thus the source of Eastern philosophy. The problem is we are most simply not nothing but something that is defined by oblivion, that definition is what we extrapolate meaning on, i.e. immortality or life span. Absurdism only makes sense if meaning were possible to any being, the instinct to be meaningful is answerable to just look in and realize we're equitable to the universe and the pursuit of meaning for ourselves should be taken as seriously as finding meaning in the universe is understood as a paradox, one where logically meaning only exists when we create it, thus meaning is a product using us as a backdrop, rather than against the universe. Basically, defining things from nothing is impossible but it's our only frame of reference, we are the inversions of nothing and thus must create our own definition as meaning, but we are intrinsically as meaningful as the universe as both are related only to nothingness

This is now a hobby thread, post your interests that isn't just consumption of media I'll start
>member of a yacht club, get to take out friends and girls out onto the bay using the club's boats, nobody I've been with hasn't been at least a little impressed sailing under the golden gate
>Fix up and race motorcycles on a track a few times a year, nothing else puts me in the moment more than barreling down a straightaway at 160mph
>go camping for a couple weeks a year on my own, hunting a fishing
>planning trips around the world
>researching and writing my historical novel and video game

Go brag in your own thread.

Christianity literally answers all such questions for you -- correctly, I might add.

imagine having to be this user

Missed your opportunity to say something witty and break the ice.