Are you lads fucking ready to BTFO nuclear power?!?!??

Are you lads fucking ready to BTFO nuclear power?!?!??

I have a degree in Nuclear Engineering and I can say that if you want any indication of the failure of scientific positivism to form any coherent or meaningful doctrine in the 21st century, look no farther than the absolutely pathetic state of the nuclear industry in this country. STEMfags have pretty much exchanged any chance we really had of self-reliance in this century for the most fleeting of grasps of cultural and political power. Seriously, fuck STEMfriends.

Care to elaborate? Genuinely interested

hehe

caused what may well be my last laugh of the year

Can I get a tldr on his argument against nuclear power? As a pro-nuke power guy I'm interested in having my position challenged beyond vapid nimby shit

Thank you user, my dog passed today and this made me smile

Maybe instead of building these huge dangerous machines that puke toxic aids we should turn off our lamps when we go out and spend less energy on pixel currencies nobody gives a shit about

>he doesn't know about breeder reactors

>the tech will fall into the hands of lesser intelligence peoples
>the tech has no place to store its waste
>the tech makes proliferating tactical nukes and dirty bombs infinitely easier
>should even one accident happen at these facilities whole cities need to be evacuated
>if a tErr0f @TTacK habbened at these facilities it would be devestating, so extremely risky from national security perspective
>instead of inventing clean energy or rollin back energy consumption this encourages more production, police and waste

>that passive aggressive maybe

>the tech will fall into the hands of lesser intelligence peoples
never caused a problem before unless you count the soviets
>the tech has no place to store its waste
not even slightly true, waste can be reprocessed (although during the Carter administration the Green faction of the democrats purposely shut this down to prevent nuclear power from growing) or stored underground in a non-threatening manner
>the tech makes proliferating tactical nukes and dirty bombs infinitely easier
not true, reactor and weapons grade uranium/plutonium are generated the same way, so it doesn't matter if a state has power capabilities it matters if they have enrichment capabilities
>should even one accident happen at these facilities whole cities need to be evacuated
not true, it depends on the scope of the accident, also no accidents have happened at a plant in the western world since the 60's
>if a tErr0f @TTacK habbened at these facilities it would be devestating, so extremely risky from national security perspective
its nearly impossible to cause a reactor to fail from outside, the only way a terror attack could succeed on a power plant is if the majority of the operators had been infiltrated by a terror group
>instead of inventing clean energy or rollin back energy consumption this encourages more production, police and waste
not realistic in any sense especially with the rest of the world needing to increase power consumption just to meet acceptable living standards

Does he respond to ideas around thorium reactors, or fusion reactors?

Both thorium and fusion are pipe dreams that will likely never see the light of day. The only future for nuclear is if the american people stop being so damn retarded. Or in other words, we are fucked.

I preordered that book months ago already

not literature

>Speaking like a woman
Take your passive aggression and blow it out your soyboy ass

>stored underground in a non-threatening manner
kek

Are you retard?

Suck my dick

I don’t get why there isn’t billions being pumped into fusion. I’m sure a nuclear physicist could come along on here and call me a brainlet for thinking it’s practical or plausible, but from a layman’s point of view it seems perfect.

Lol

I'm afraid I can't find it, sweetie.

you really sud learn to speak like an adult male user, its pathetic bordering on repulsive when younger adult males imitate the speech patterns of women or homosexuals

Nuclear power is good, and scaring the public away from it is the greatest and most consequential mistake the environmental movement made.

Scary water vapor

I'm a radical green and I agree.

(you)

>rollin back energy consumption
but y

we have to stop production and extraction or ecocide and then total population collapse, 2-5 billion need to be culled

>we'll be fine so long as all of humanity acts responsibly
oh i thought you were being serious

Tell me more

“global fauna population decline”
“phytoplankton population decline”
“soil microbiome depletion”
“soil nutrient depletion”
“top soil loss”
“ocean acidification”
“algae bloom increase”
“jellyfish bloom increase”
“rates of mental illness increase”