SAD BOOK THREAD

I want to feel again

feeling sucks, that's why you got rid off it

Can books really make you feel sad? You have to read a bunch of words before you even have an idea of what's going on at which point you're already detached from the plot, in contrast with movies where they're immersive.

Gatsby

This
>this is a real post on Veeky Forums

Does anyone knows about a good sad book that feactures in a asylum?

"No one will see me cry" by Rivera Garza

If you've ever been a fan of reading, you'd know that after a while the words just start flowing into a cohesive story. In a quiet, uninterrupted reading session you can picture and process all the events in the book as well if not better than a movie.

Plus, one gets into the interior of the chatacters. Reading's far more intimate.

This is Veeky Forums tho. The poor lad is likely Asperger as fuck and reads Walt Whitman the same way he would a vacuum instruction manual. Probably wandered in here by mistake from r9k or the anime board.

Anything by Robert Cormier

Damn you OP. That story always makes me so depressed. It is not enough that the protagonist is brought up from a "mentally challenged" state, but the gradual fall kills me.

He becomes so intelligent that it separates him from the ones he felt close to at the start of the story despite their ill intentions and teasing. Then at the peak of his intellect he sees the downward fall. He understands better then any other person could his dilemma and the unavoidable decline ahead of him.

I cannot imagine enduring such a fate. Knowing with each day you could lose another concept, some understanding or some other cognitive faculty.

La damme aux camélias by Dumas son made me cry loudly. No longer human by Dazai broke my soul in very little pieces.

My diary, desu.

Atonement

I can second this. Sad as fuck.

Almost all baby books make me really sad