Please explain this quote to me

please explain this quote to me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vydwrn_TQow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

semi ironic postmodern anti-humor

He can‘t believe it‘s not butter.

Where do you people find these Žižek images?

t h e i n t e r n e t

Random people come to take pictures of him.
He leaves his front door unlocked just for this.

That thing looks and tastes just like butter and is called "I can't believe it's not butter". When you buy it, you very well know that it's not butter, you are not stupid. At the same time, the name says it out front you "can't believe it's not it", even though you do believe it is not butter.

What the quote is saying is that, in reality, on a deeper level, even if you rationally know it's not butter, you really can't tell and don't care about the difference. Except the fact that you can't tell the difference is sustained solely because there is this "joke name". In other words, you really can't believe it's not butter and the fact that it is spelled out for you in the name actually allows you to be okay with this.

The folder.

but i literally only buy real butter

>but i literally only buy real butter
As well you should. Most of the "healthy alternatives" have been proven to be frauds, counterproductive, or even toxic.

>He can‘t believe it‘s not butter.
Dogshit - he damned well knows that it is not butter but he knows that admitting as much will bring the full weight of The Establishment upon him.

my favourite thinker

WRONG

He's saying the name is less of a play on whether or not it is actually butter, but rather on the fact that the name plays off your desire to find a healthier substitute without actually giving up butter.
The name is a figurative saying of sorts rather than a direct statement.

What you should really be asking is what is it that you lack for which these Zizek images are needed in order to support your own ideology. Even if these pictures were everywhere, your mystification would still stand as a pathology in itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=vydwrn_TQow

ALSO WRONG
he never even mentions health. how can you people have such bad reading comprehension

>not posting the original

try-hard internet retard trying to imitate Zizek's style with no substance

or maybe actual Zizek, not that there's much different between those

Says a lot about Zizek that you can't tell whether or not that's actual Zizek

it is real, he mentioned those cards at some point about his kid forcing him to buy them

how so, friend?