"Buy a book and get out!"

>"Buy a book and get out!"

Other urls found in this thread:

lvcampustimes.org/2010/11/magic-door-used-bookstore-is-owners-fourth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

With that attitude, I'll gladly take my business elsewhere, thank you.

You wanna fight, bruv?

I'll buy two you creepy shit

Or what, cunt? Gonna sit on me?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO omgggg;alksj;fldkj ahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahhaha :crying laughing infinitely emoji omsldfjk lmaoooo:::: AHHH IM D YING LMAO !!! @__@FLSDKFJ ALJKDXDJ DDDDDD AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH ILOVE YOUUUU OP!!_^_^_^_^_^_^_^^^^

The Amazing Atheist has fallen on hard times.

How come you have a segregated shelf for women? I'm reporting this.

i'd be mad too if i had to keep a "WOMEN'S FOCUS" section in my bookstore just to stay in business in

that section is there so he can focus on women checking out women's focus

Anyone here own/work in a private book shop? Is it comfy? Seems ideal for me

"I'm here for the fire arms"

Everything is already mine

I really like used bookstores and the messy tight shelves just piled with books.

So cosy

It's for avoiding thievery, the normie pseudbooks are always the most stolen.

>do you need help user
>says no clearly on the autism
>looking for David Foster Wallace and she just waves her hand in front of your face saying you need to tell her what book you are going to get despite it being a used book store you never been inside.

There's a barn on a hilly country road that's just a massive book store, I think you should invest in that.

U WOT, MATE? U WOT? U FUCKIN WANT SUM, DO YA?

Yeah mate, it's comfy until you can't pay your business rates, or your rent, and the fucking bailiffs turn up and take all your stock to satisfy your creditors

This explains why every private book store owner I know is grumpy as hell.

just work there part-time, that sounds like the comfiest way

It's comfy only 50% of the time. The customers are all plebs and pseuds and keep wanting to talk to you about some book you'll never want to read, or about their asinine political ideas. It's like Veeky Forums IRL except worse because have to be nice to everyone.

I imagine them to be a bit like Gordon from Keep the Aspidistra Flying or Bernard Black from Black Books.

i can smell the dust and cigarette-smoked-stained paper from here

They were so close to making the first good work in the history of cross-over fiction.

It seems nice in practise but in reality it's rough. This bookstore in my local was open for about 70 years then just closed abruptly when they failed to pay rent to the landlord. Pic related. It was pretty much the best second hand bookstore near me and over the years I probably spent a small fortune in there. Needless to say there just isn't enough money/interest in these kinds of stores anymore. So if you don't mind never having money and always on the verge of being shafted by your landlord go right in user.

>being this much of a numale soyboy bugman

I'd beat the shit outof him right then and there. That how we'd do it in finland if we had any bookstores

He put the women's section right by his desk. Wonder why?

I'm just browsing you fat sack of shit, I'll not buy whatever I want

put the women's focus near the counter so he can perv on them.

reminds me of chop suey in richmond

>I'll not buy whatever I want

The key is to run your comfy bookshop and sell stupid shit that dweebs but in massive quantities. The cool book shop in my town is 95% used books and then one table and glass counter that sells junk like magic the gathering cards, warhammer figs, and comic books.

It's not perfect but it'll keep the lights on

>you could have at least asked my permission to take my picture first like im some animal in a cage you little twerp

Sup Richmond bro

>lit
>misspelling “cozy”

Also
lvcampustimes.org/2010/11/magic-door-used-bookstore-is-owners-fourth/

>cozy
Not a real word

>not a real word
Go back to reading Harry Potter

>worse because have to be nice to everyone.
this is the key to why retail and service industry jobs blow. by removing that one problem, they become awesome jobs, albeit still low-pay.

If customers could understand "I have no problem getting you what you want and need quickly and while giving expert recommendations, but personally I do not want to be your buddy and I probably think your style, politics, and personality all suck" then the service industry would be cool. But in the free market, customers will always go where the staff kisses ass, and the jobs require this.

>American English

>But in the free market, customers will always go where the staff kisses ass, and the jobs require this
capitalism was a mistake

UK: Kosy. Wrong.
US: Kozy. Right.

sounds awful. there aren't enough Veeky Forums people so you'll be stuck selling shitty romance/scifi/self-help/sensationalist nonfiction books to old/stupid people

did you get in on a sweet, sweet liquidation sale tho?

>>But in the free market, customers will always go where the staff kisses ass, and the jobs require this
>capitalism was a mistake
>Communist dislikes the masses being happy in their consuming experience
Really makes the neuron class revolt

>“We carry a very large selection of sci-fi, policy and new age. We carry everything,” Dwain Kaiser said.

>“We have a really nice section of children’s books and young adult material.”

Getting to it, faggot

How would you beat him while avoiding eye contact and phisical proximity?

someone edit the label name to read: Kekkoman

Most of the used book stores Ive been to just had timid old men. One tried to start a conversation about joyce.

>One tried to start a conversation about joyce.
and??
>kek!! you ilke farts old man!! XXDDDD

You can still do it from home.
Sell on Amazon and curate via a website.

Use tinyboard to keep an image board on the bottom the the curation

..anyone could start and make money via amazon referrals. If there's traction then you can buy your own stock.

Moreover, you could let other people curate and start giving them a hierarchy based on popularity.

You could design a webpage any way you want, particularly in a way that improves the feeling of shopping in person.

>experpts
>reviews
>author interviews
>similar titles and other work by the author

Sadly not, turned up one day and the place was just closed. Taxman posted a letter inside the window saying that they were closing permanently and that was that.

I like this kind of customer service, honestly. I don't want to come in for a chat, or pretend to be interested in the shop assistant, or entertain pretensions that they are interested in me. Let's keep it a strictly business exchange.

sorry, i thought it was a comic store

how much is too much at a local bookstore/business? i know they're struggling so the more the merrier, but i assume most people who come in only spend $5-10, get only one or two things, so if you walk in there and get a bunch of shit, spend $75-100, aren't you kind of a jerk?

This store is local to me and it's really good, I picked up a philosophy of language reader there, and they had shit like James' Psychology.

Also the owner doesn't seem like someone who'd say what's in the OP.

Maybe if you were nicer than an automated book dispensing algorithm I would frequent your store more often, meatbag.

From Scots cosie, from Old Scots colsie, probably of North Germanic origin, related to Norwegian koselig (“cosy”), Norwegian kose seg (“to enjoy oneself”). Compare cosh, tosh, tosie.

YANK BEGONE

>how much is too much at a local bookstore/business?
More than you want

>spend $75-100, aren't you kind of a jerk?
Yes usually when people get more money than less money they think the person giving them money is a jerk, especially if their business is struggling, then they definitely dont want a lot of money from their customers.

You need all the books you can get

>Also the owner doesn't seem like someone who'd say what's in the OP.
he looks like hes saddened to know the immature teenager taking his photo is probably doing so to make fun of him, not even aware he plans on sharing it with dozens of immature teenagers online

I can't read.

Pretty much all the good ones are run as a hobby by people who have other jobs. Because it's very hard to run a private bookstore these days. Barnes and Nobles only survives because they rely on ecommerce and selling ereaders to anyone who walks through their doors. My local B&N has the ereader kiosk front and center so it's the first thing you see when you walk through the doors and to get to the books you have to walk around it and through several displays of ereaders and shit.

tfw want to talk to bookstore owner but sure i'm too ignorant to actually have a discussion

Do it your self, you lazy fuck.

9 times out of 10 they're extremely familiar with the names and works of many authors but display no knowledge whatsoever of the books contents

that or they only like british novels from 1900-1950 by authors no one has ever heard of that aren't worth reading

>someone edit the label name to read: Kekkoman
Someone do this, I am like the only soyboy that cant into photoshop or paint

Veeky Forums 2017