Short Stories

Roll for a short story. Report back with your thoughts on it.
You HAVE to read the story you get, no cheating, even if the author you get is a woman

Rollin'

roll

rolling

Rolling.

Harrison Bergeron, great. I've probably only read a handful of stories from the whole image, and I roll one I've already read. This is now my re-roll.

Here I go!

Gimme "eat your own cum" and "hard and deep"

Rollon '

Rerolling because this short story has nothing to do with eating my own cum

rollin'

OP here. There is no way I'm going to read that """"short"""" story by Kipling.
Actually I just want to read Bartleby, so I'll be leaving the thread.

Rollin

roll

Romain Rolland but only if I feel like it

Rollin and hoping for a europoor

roll

Oh, Bartleby is a great story and character study and one worth revisiting, but I'll roll again

Roll

Rollin' my BBBBB

Got Voltaire Story of Brahmin or whatever

Feel like I missed the joke (but got all the dumb philosophical references that im sure were real intellectual gut busters back in the goddamn 16th century) and that whatever joke was forming was actually just some sort of language thing (should've read it in the french but im lazy today).

Literally says nothing, makes fun of Indian women which I'm always game for. Lowkey pushes some French democracy shit. Would only recommend for someone reading all of Voltaires work (which could be accompolished in an afternoon im sure). V underwhelming but hey i have the shits today so thanks for directing my attention away from some other useless tangent. At least I can say I read a short story today. Will play again.

roll

Rolling again, I've already read Indian Camp. I liked it, has a great ending line.

rellong

rolling

re-roll, enough of lovecraft for a little while.

>Edgar Allan Por

Oh wait, your pic has more errors than I initially noticed.
>Edgar Allen Por
>Allen
>Por

I'll be the second one reporting back I guess. I got The Night Driver by Calvino, and never having read any of his works before, this was pretty nice. From what I heard of him I was expecting something more Borges-like, but this one seemed more grounded and introspective. In fact, the first paragraph reminded me a lot of my own rambling writing that I did at this time last year, and it was max comfy, though I would go on tangents, remarking on one slightly related phenomena or another, but never really making anything out of it, and eventually returning to my abandoned point some 4-5 pages before. One of the many differences that set the great apart from the mediocre I guess.

I was a bit curious about his naming convention in this story, calling people and places by ordered letters, and I thought it was kind of gimmicky, but it does happen to pertain a lot to the themes. It's great how self-contained the story is, most of it coming from the narrator's often overthinking mind, with the events and characters of his life running parallel and opposite to him on the highway depending on how he construes it, just like vectors in a coordinate plane, X, Y, and Z, very clever. And his idea for the reduction of the message into beams of a light on the highway, that only the recipients and messages in themselves can understand, is also pretty neat, but what fascinates me more is the uncertain aspect of these messages, existing independently of each other until called into question by the other ones or by the narrator, but he is so supremely confident of the nature of the message he will seemingly and instantly understand that the whole human and bodily romance seems like farce and falls away in unimportance, no doubt why the narrator eventually relishes his falling into anonymity and why the story has no solid conclusion in action but rather catharsis

got something by bukowski. gave me some feels at the start, specially when he fails at the loading meat job or whatever. also, i too had acne problems as a teen. however, i stopped taking the story seriously towards the end, when he goes from one insane hit of luck to another. the ending of the story and its point is ok, neverending cycle of stumbling through life without hope or purpose, but i think it should have ended at chapter 6.

you don't have to roll twice, just do column first number, row second

we rollin

fuck anglos

roll

The bottom of the chart???

Rolling for me and my bro in our hot tube

roll

Roll

Please no women please no women please no women

Roll

Rowling

roll

Roll

Also, this chart is very old and could probably use an update.

ROOLL

rollino

i cannot recommend the broccoli short story!

roll

Roll

ying

How are we supposed to read these if they're not in public domain? I'm not going to the library just to look for this shit.

roll

roll

Rollan

rolling for borges

roll

Nice

rell

Rollin

rolling.

give me a good one

Capote is such a faggot holy shit

Eolllllll

Toes crossed

Rolling

roll

roll

I like this thread a lot. Rolling

rollio

all right but what are the rules? I got 39 (and something else with this post and I'm willing to read this one as well) so should I read the one by Voltaire or the one by Greene?

rollin

Rolley moley.

Keeponrolling

roll fugg

roll

Rollan

roll

Roll

Roll

Roll roll roll

Please no women.

C'mon, Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

I will get Araby.

rolllllllllll

cum on

Roll

Froll

aight then

rolling thrice so I can get my short story on

>Dark, Dark Were the Tunnels by George R. R. Martin

Made me glad I never fell for this meme. Guy writes like he's in fucking middle school. Subject, verb, sci fi jargon, rinse repeat. What trash. Rerolling

Rolling

might as well

roll

๋กค

> The Amputated Arms by Jorgen Wilhelm Bergsoe

Better than GRRM at least. 6/10 on the spoopy scale and p well written. Re re rolling

>The Willows
>Novella
Not a short story, fuck off

rollo tomassi

roll

rollin

?

Rollin'

f