So, what's Veeky Forums's opinion on Bukowski?

So, what's Veeky Forums's opinion on Bukowski?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HVVzCURucaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I prefer Bukake

At least he's housebroken

A man who knows true happiness. Rough shit aint it.

Ruined poetry by his influence. Wrote some great stories about the trials, adversities and victories to be found in the working class 9-5 life. Triggers maximalists here too.

Tumblr’s taken a liking to him, which is weird because he didn’t think too highly of women. The difference between him and those that imitate him is that he actually *lived* what he wrote, so there’s a strong element of gritty authenticity to the work.

I personally like Post Office and Love Is a Dog from Hell.

I can't tell if this is an ironic or retarded reply

That reads like a tweet by that black science guy

Welcome to the postmodern era.

...they don't get the point of the quote though, do they

i sure dont, theres a time and place, rain wont suffice as a method of maintaining good hygiene but the quote implies the two are the same, is he shilling ecosophy?

the quoted segment is taken out of context from a larger poem. learn how to use google before you attempt to shit on someone's legacy.

i've learned to enjoy this tumblr repost because it always attracts swathes of retards who, in their desire to call bukowski an idiot, reveal their own intellectual shortcomings.

Who would want to be such an asshole?

>me, an intellectual

He's a big fuckin crybaby

I like this poem of his read by Tom Waits with saxophone in the background :))

youtube.com/watch?v=HVVzCURucaA

Post Office.
I never quite understood what happened to GG. Did he suicide himself? Or is the "knife across his throat" metaphorical for him getting fired and cut off from his job for not being able to deliver mail so to speak ?

A talented dumb egocentric fucker

Cuck

I like his poetry more than I like his books but they're good enough for a quick read.

fpbp

I think of him as a teacher. I don’t think you can read Post Office and tell me the guy was glorifying that existence. He just put everything out in the open, unadorned, and hoped people could learn to stay away from that dedacadent, meandering mode of life

>people willingly stay in world's of hurt but flea from trivial complaints

Damn autocorrect...

Ham on Rye is good. Haven't read any other novels of his. Poetry/short stories are generally shit, but some are aight. Spouting Bukowski quotes is a social marker for retards, but at least he didn't pretend to be some profound intellectual like the tumblr kiddos who latch onto him.

Stay the fuck away from women who say they like Bukowski. They're all 2-bit 2deep4u whores.