Is the Economist the Veeky Forums choice of magazine?

Is the Economist the Veeky Forums choice of magazine?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0aJnaOl7gykTHpQekV6TDZMczQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not at all. It’s pseudo-globalist drivel.

No, economics is gay, I wish economists could tell me how much money a culturally and ethnically cohesive country is worth.

Blumpf BTFO

True Veeky Forumserati read Collapse and Salvage

It's bad but we should make this a thread about good magazines. I'll start with Foreign Affairs.

If you like reading about irrelevant shit happening in third-world countries, than yes it is.

jacobin

israel? everything.

>than yes

no you should read both the spectator and the new statesman
and private eye
and fortean times

they're like a more in depth time. instead of having an 8th grade reading level its a 10th grade reading level

I like that they never even have numerical data. kek
idiocracy is real

>muh globalists

Fucking brainlet.

The Economist is alright. It’s one of the few places I will get my news from. Don't always agree with them but they're generally pretty learned and sensible.

The Economist I would describe as left leaning libertarian. They do hate populism be it right or left wing.

>pseudo-globalist
jesus christ. end yourself

It’s Harper’s right? This is Veeky Forums, yeah?

The Economist is a fucking propaganda rag for neoliberals you completely stupid fuck.

"They seem pretty learned!" Stop making demi-conscious assessments of things based on gut hunches like this. You're not a 14th century peasant spitballing your opinions about politics. You can actually assess things based on their content rather than arbitrarily picking a camp to be in and justifying it post hoc.

Shitting on people for appreciating non-specialized, non-journal, mid-tier journalism is fun and all, but I think you miss the reason most people read the news. It's not to be jerked off in one direction until they jizz onto depictions of their fascist fantasies. It is possible to read the economist because you appreciate a variety of information sources, and understand that there is a bias to this news source while they don't wish to go too in-depth into every fucking issue.

Fuck, what do you read? I bet it's a propaganda rag for "X". Unless you're a polyglot, and consume the best journals from the highest academic institutions and think tanks globally to get a truly comprehensive perspective of a each national view and a nuanced understanding of misunderstandings that lead to conflict.

it's alright, bit you can't just get your news from one source.

Don't be fooled it's not left like big government, it's libertarian as fuck. very free market when they can be.

>left leaning libertarian
Not really, have you read them recently? Definitely left-liberal leaning.

The Economist advocates free markets to a dispassionate degree. This is why they hate Trump and populists so much, and why "alt-righties" hate the Economist, because to the new right Free Markets = "Globalism" which is bunk, and just taking a good concept and making it into an incantatory dysphemistic boogie man.

it's libertarian as fuck. very free market when they can be.

Exactly. The Economist just abhors Populism, be it left or right wing, which is why they don't like Trump. The Economist absolutely hates left wing South American populism for example. They despised Dilma Rousseff and Kirchner, and applauded the election of Argentina's current right leaning president.

this

Lapham's, motherfucker.

It's one of the choices, but it isn't THE choice.

If you've been around here as long as I have, then you'd already have enough issues of Veeky Forums-founded magazines to last an entire lifetime.

True Veeky Forumserati read solely the failed magazines.

Lol the Economist is not libertarian, more like neoliberal/Blairite. They believe an interventionist state is necessary to keep markets running efficiently. They endorsed Obama twice.

Lmao no succdems need to die

libertarianism is a dead ideology, the only libertarians left are either paid oligarch shills or literal paedophiles, everyone with a smudgeon of sense jumped ship long ago and embraced White Nationalism

Show bobs and vagene

I mean, maybe that's the case in your circle of friends, but try crawling out of your mom's basement once in a while and you'll see that the libertarian movement is moving along just fine, without "shills", pedophiles, or white nationalists.

protip, try some critical thinking for a change, see where that takes you.

Almost the entire field of economics is nothing but pseuds jerking each other off, so of course.

It's crap but not because they're making fun of that orange faggot.
Libertarian is much more than just "a free market lol." In fact that's not even necessary except for a specific kind of libertarian.

They're all here for newfags to download and pretend they're oldfags anyway
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0aJnaOl7gykTHpQekV6TDZMczQ

this
they practice their discipline without rigor

>lefty rags

>literal CIA shill

>every one is biased so it’s ok
>I’m so virtuous that I seek out truth from an amalgamation if sources

Jesus Christ the absolute state of this place. Hope to god this was bait and not in earnest

Underrated

>he thinks the National Review isn't a lefty rag

You’re not wrong

This is some overton window dragging if I've ever seen it.

Why is the right so dishonest?

Fusionism was a bad idea and I'm glad it's dying out.

>The Economist I would describe as left leaning libertarian. They do hate populism be it right or left wing.
Yeah cause Jeremy Corbyn and ethnic nationalism alike are bad for business. Sorry im not big brain enough to choose Goldman Sachs and looking smart in front of boomer mums at the dentist waiting room by reading this

Fake news. Same Jews.

do it right

THIS IS THE END OF,............. DARE I SAY IT????, drumpf
HAHAHAHA

Ah, Veeky Forums. The place I come to learn that all of the news sources I read are garbage, the books I read drivel, and the views I hold irrelevant.

The Economist is great. They’re pretty no-nonsense and steer away from spin of any kind. Sometimes you need a bit of partisan interpretation for news, and you can get that elsewhere.