2017 Veeky Forums top onehunned link

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfCJVnSTO8pJCd12Uagawf69Flsfa2RS0lXGHTt5Nc9lGwIQQ/viewform#responses

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/magazine/2017/12/11/cat-person
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVUneg8EeFVZMEuEYfR8NYou_et6DUoRnjQDijoJe7c/htmlview#
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVUneg8EeFVZMEuEYfR8NYou_et6DUoRnjQDijoJe7c/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Surprised I'm the only one who elected Cat Person as meme of 2017

what is cat person

Fuck off

user.. easy on the New Yorker stories

Eh, it wasn't a meme just a short event

Some insane histrionic chick got texted "Fuck u" by an angry guy and wrote a New York Times Best Selling article about how men are all pigs

:thinking:

I thought it was just well-timed fiction published to take advantage of that retarded battle of the sexes revival

Is there a way to stop the same IP from voting more than once?

And why do people purposely post a meme response more than once

I'm not the pollfag

Cat person is at newyorker.com/magazine/2017/12/11/cat-person

I’m pollfag, I’m just manually removing files before counting(2nd sheet in the workbook). Requiring any Auth would trigger freetards and privacy fags too hard. They’re already sperging out over Google Forms.

Pic related is the format I’m thinking of, note the colour scheme and exact font up the top. Discordfags are too retarded to ever emulate that.

just turn on IP auth, google forms will takes IP anyway even if you don't enable it
look at your results, you already have discord spammers repeatedly posting Urn Burial, 60/sixty stories and Darconville's Cat just so they can start ironically start crying fake when you remove their votes

I'm shilling for Ice and Jerusalem. Vote for those to get some cool new blood flowing in this old board's heart.

I posted urn burial and I'm not a discordfag

it's not that nobody would vote for Urn Bruial but Browne doesn't just become that popular overnight and only during specific 30 minute intervals
and those are clearly the same book patterns grouped together
that was at a glance and being super drunk, now imagine how much samefagging there really is in your results with no IP

honestly that lolita cover is pretty bad

results doc?

good on you for making a real list even if it's a bit late
keep the vote running for a few more days and also don't let culture of critique get on the list

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVUneg8EeFVZMEuEYfR8NYou_et6DUoRnjQDijoJe7c/htmlview#

Im so glad IJ is way down the list, it would make my year if less people got meme’d into reading that boring phone book

Jerusalem? Wtf im quit this board!!! And english!!

At that level, where it’s only 6-8 votes, it really is indistinguishable from noise. The obvious dupes are getting caught tho.

I like the glasses more than generic little girl legs, but I’m open to input.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVUneg8EeFVZMEuEYfR8NYou_et6DUoRnjQDijoJe7c/edit?usp=sharing

I’ve been IP globaled off my wifi, so I’ll probably let others keep the threads bumped. To be clear, 4 threads posted across 12 hours is in no way spamming, most generals on busy boards hit that. The survey will close at the start of Jan 3rd UTC.

There are lots of great books, you forget about some, even if you might actually think what you forgot is superior; ain't nobody got time for sitting and thinking about all the goodest stuff

desu
'my diary' was the only thing that made me chuckle, even now, while reading results
it's the best one tbhfamalam

My problem with this polls is that there are too many books and the vote count is ridicously low. Usually the last ten to twenty books only get two votes. If I cheated and voted twice I could by myself change the results.

How about for next year we have two votes at intervals. The first vote generates a list of 100 books which gets added to a pool which consists of every book represented in all the top 100 lists up to this point, and then the second vote gets made from that pool which gives us our new top 100. This way you don't get wasted votes that end up voting for something obscure or different. You get higher votes on all the results in the top 100 which makes for a better representation of what lit actually thinks is good while still allowing the ever changing meme books of the moment a chance to get in there because of the second poll.

If Culture of Critique doesn't make it into the top 10 I'm going to shoot up this entire board I swear to fucking god

as a meme, but if it makes it onto the list as like a top 100 I will kill YOU

Keep Lolita with glasses

You must use this 2013 cover of Ulysses to trigger the autists. This cover itself was a meme for years

Done. Someone suggested it yesterday too.

Am I the only one that likes that cover?

James
|\JOyce

Yeah I like it.

Why both that color and the scribble font?
I could understand the yes being one of them, but not both.

And now has been deleted after lasting a day and a half.

WHAT
THE
FUCK

Do I try and bitch in irc at some point?

Did you really need that other thread too

Not really. It was just nice as proof it was wanted.

> 1984
Jesus motherfucking christ

The Stranger was #1 one year.

It was filling the the Lolita spot cause I moved it down. It’s tied for the 25-33 block.

I think its to give the impression of note taking

Which ones real the OP or that one? Because that one doesn't have even half the ones from the OP

They're just arbitrary examples to show the design

Culture of Critique is automatically disqualified for being non-fiction

I meant the Google doc.

Use this cover for Moby Dick

This is the best one imo

no this

actually it looks a bit vague when its small, might be a good choice

Oh that's slightly better lol

this is the best, makes me want to read it again

That episode is GOAT

Where tf is Fanged Noumena?

Who is compiling the answers and the finished list and why should I trust them?

>the bible is gonna be #1 this year

>someone would unironically be frustrated about THE work of writing claiming its rightful place as number one

It's the 21st century bro,

I did normie things for NYE. I’m fixing the spreadsheet now.

I’m doing it all openly at the google sheets link. “Unique” has smart formatting to make removing files easier. You can probably figure out what I remove yourself.

Lolita being so low.

Ok. Who set up the bots?

“START” is a pretty big giveaway.

>START
with the greeks

I meant Jerusalem sucked and that it does not belong anywhere near a top 100.

But you're right, the list is more about what's in the Veeky Forums consciousness than what's truly best.

Lemme pull out a few of the clearly botted responses for the meme question:
START
POO IN THE LOO
BUGS...(note caps)
The goonan guy is fucking off his rocker
SEMEN DEMON
discord fags pretending to make their own chart
Philosophy discussion on lit
donald trump ruined the whole board
That woman who translated The Odyssey

These got it from 300-2k in the time I was sleeping. Literally why would you if it’s going to be that obvious?

And a few others. I’m thinking of enabling authentication(and apologising to freetards), removing everything which matches those phrases in the ‘unique’ sheet, and continuing on. I can’t do that for a few hours since I’m at a friend’s after NYE.

I forgot “big suprise when he wakes up xDDDDDDDDD (fuck you)”

lole at diacordfags

Wait, there’s this huge block of 500+ responses with no meme entry at all.

What’re the odds that’s botted too?

Do I just throw out the last 12 hours of data?

The responses that I got were 286-1291 and 1294-2004. I did it for fun, and even used tor to help create unique IPs, but I realised your method of finding a unique submission is absolute brainlet tier so I need to help you out.

no bully Veeky Forums fun!!

I flagged 285-2004, and I was going to highlight things not in your meme dictionary to pick the good ones. The only problem is that I’m on mobile, so nothing works.

Just out of interest, let’s say you had to a) preserve all data somewhere b) remove obvious dupes, and c) do it all on Google Sheets, for

Also given that I had no way of knowing you weren’t cycling ips, and doing large bursts.

I made the screencap :D

well with google forms it doesn't look like you can restrict it to one per ip which would limit most of it. If you wanted to be advanced you could take all 5 they submitted, sort them alphabetically and consider them as one string and then remove duplicate rows (so responses where all 5 were duplicate) or something like that. But again people could legitimately want to have the same 5 books. But just go by hand and delete the winnie the poo and culture of critique posters

The thing is they go by block, so it’s not that hard if consecutive identical things get flagged. The alternative is to require a Google account, but I don’t want to support the botnet.

Half the fun of these is watching people game them, it’s fairly obvious when it happens(there’s about a dozen items I’m leaving in where someone’s using the same books as the last two, to push them up). As long as it’s not egregious, it’s more fun to let it slide.

Why didn't you include me in the screencap?
-_-

the real fun thing would be to add an extra form to specify NAME and then only limit votes to someone who has posted in the lit thread with the given NAME (or commented with the name etc), the one who posted first with that name having a counting vote and the rest not counting. So it limits the poll to those who actually post on lit

i.e. I would post this and post my 5 votes and then also put in USER43443 in the google form. So you would end up with a spreadsheet of names and votes and then you would have to do filtering after based on who voted (which you could track with warosu etc)

heads up, discordfags are trying to hijack it.

Invite link? I’m not above countershitposting.

how pathetic

Plebs

This looks like shit.
Idiot!

>only one other vote for The Illuminatus! Trilogy
Veeky Forums, what happened?

I never understood this cover, there isn't a single Maori in the whole novel.

Awful, if you're going to use a Maori drawing at least making of a fucking whale

we got sorted this year mang

I agree. Urn Burial is a great choice, but it is conspicuously, suspiciously popular in this list. I would be happy if it made it into the top 100, forgoing any Discord/other shenanigans.

Please consider voting for Ice by Anna Kavan. I hurt myself bad this NYE on accident, and it would just do me so much if I saw it even rank up there in the big onehunned y'know?

Isn’t Queerpeg close enough?

Maybe, but it would be a bit like having some celtic spiral pattern on a book about Germans.

>Queerpeg
>Queer
kek

What is that? Literally never heard of it.