Are we just going to ignore this?

Are we just going to ignore this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Jelly_(short_story)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Beasts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Apparently

Fuck you, that stings :(

mfw

No bully the messenger ;_;

Roald Dahl is the OG /d/eviant

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Jelly_(short_story)

he's got a dozen other stories involving transformation

W-What a pervert. I don't suppose you'd happen to know the titles of those transformation stories offhand? S-So I could more easily avoid them.

His books for adults reveal his flaws as a writer (and a person) much more than his children's lit. The edginess is there but the magic and readability isn't

what am i looking at
literally who
why should i care
would my children?
maybe you should give context
maybe you should build a message
maybe that message could change
the
world.
use caution!

I have this on my shelf. Is it good? Should I read it?

His short stories are really fun reads

You absolutely should. Picked up a collection of short stories on a whim, my only exposure to Dahl being his children's books, I was really impressed. Everything from super tense thrillers to super pervy shit. You won't be disappointed, man.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
Royal Jelly
The Witches
George's Marvellous Medicine
William and Mary

I'm sure I'm missing some here

Ok ok

Lamb to the Slaughter is great, The Automatic Grammatizer or something like that.. wish I could remember more of my favorites.

Oh man, I can't fap to kid lit... can I?

I fucking love Roald Dahl. All of you should read his childhood autobiography, Boy.

let's not forget his vore compendium

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Beasts

Heh

James and da giant peach

Kek

Any recs on his more adult stories? I see they've republished a lot of them with what looks like Ralph Stedman art for covers.

They're short stories so whatever collection you buy is going to have a bunch. I like a lot of them.

just pick up a collection of his short stories user
i've got pic related which has got loads in
it's a compendium of kiss kiss, over to you, switch bitch, someone like you, and some tales of the unexpected
it's probably the most entertaining £3 i've ever spent

Oh I thought they were novels?

Will do thanks for the advice

Man,Dahl was a huge part of my childhood.
His short stories are fucking great too,they're magical.
11 year old me absolutely loved Going Solo,it's what got me into planes

i got my granny a book of his stories for adults once. turns out my granny is twisted. she also loved edward gorey's alphabet.

>When you remember how much inflation/transformation/feet/piss/farts/giant/shrinking/etc were in cartoons and kids' books
>When you realize that every children's fantasy author and cartoon writer pursued their career solely for sexual fetish reasons

>the witches
Name a better fucking kids book
Pro tip: you can't

>Edward Gorey's 'The Gashlycrumb Tinies'
Your Oma had patrician taste.

The Hobbit gives it a good run for it's money

Never read The Great Automatic Grammatizator. Any good? Skin and Henry Sugar were fantastic.

>'The Gashlycrumb Tinies'
Curious Sofa, or fuck off.

>Any good?
The Great Automatic Grammatizator is pretty good,but it doesn't hold a candle to Henry Sugar. A couple of the other short stories in the book are pretty entertaining as well. I'd recommend getting the book anyway