Grabbing Life by the Balls

Any book that rekindles the fire of ambition? I'm absolutely apathetic to playing the game and I need some literature to get in the mindset. What Nietzsche could've been had it been boiled and not perverted.

What the Count of Monte Cristo is to despair, I need something for apathy.

Selected Veeky Forums Shitposts: Motard Edition

You mean some motivational realtalk I can find from old pre-2011 screencaps and Veeky Forums / Veeky Forums etc.

Plato.

Emerson's essays and Walden both are very optimistic reads. I'd also recommend pragmatism by William James

Any piece I should start with?
I'll take a look ath Pragmatism, even if the text doesn't offer any, but I'll keep an open mind. Emerson has always semed too vehemently optimistic and Walden (by Thoreau I assume) as well. It's too simple, and perhaps I won't find the same contentment out of life as those two try to impose, I know I need something more machismo.

/thread
guess you can add shit on eternal return

Interested in as well

Why play the game in the first place?

You're like a guy looking for a manual to become a degenerate gambler. Why bother to make your life worse?

If you truly want to be motivated to get out there and chase after things though, maybe get a drug addiction.

The Fountainhead made me feel pretty good when I read it.

Yes, I'm a pleb.

Exercise, ice baths.

The energy youre looking for is not sustainable. Those vibrantly active and ambitious are slowly burning a very dense wick. Youre asking for a thin, cheap wick that you can burn for a few months

Anything related to first ascents, crossings, discoveries etc. Adventure and exploration, especially against dangerous odds, are what the human drive is all about.

If that fails get into absurdism.

OP here, I chose The Stranger by Camus and I'll probably read the rest of his shit. Absurdism really rings my bells.
I'll probably work my way up, starting with energy drinks and hopefully only end at cocaine. I don't care if I'm a degenerate. The only thing I want out of life is to be filthy fucking rich at any cost. That's the thing I value in life, and as much as I would like it to be, it wasn't my choice.
I liked it. Wasn't very motivating, but it was comfy.
Already been doing those two and maxing my health out with a bunch of other stuff. It's unsustainable because it's artificial, no one is naturally high energy, and most need drugs to keep at it, but nothing in life is free.
>Anything related to first ascents, crossings, discoveries etc. Adventure and exploration, especially against dangerous odds, are what the human drive is all about.
Never been much into romanticism,
>If that fails get into absurdism.
I came across this conclusion after looking through the archives and seeing how other people dealt with it. Even if it's
>absurdism
>philosophy
by Veeky Forums, I think it'll be a conclusion to this nihilism.

>no one is naturally high energy
Do you actually believe this? No, you are not naturally high energy. Perhaps most aren't. Some are.

Before be go down this rabbit hole, let me tell you what I think high energy is. It's not extremely sociable, going around the room, all optimistic, friendly, and personable. That's just being an extrovert. I'm talking about high on top of the world, I wanna conquer the shit out of third world countries, bomb Morroco for the shit of it, and fuck for 8 hours. I'm talking about mania.

The only winning move, is not to play

Nah, this is just a defense mechanism that losers adopt to convince themselves of their "superiority".

>I'm GLAD I'm a permavirgin, it's great!
>I'm SO HAPPY I'm unemployed/underemployed, I have time to work on self-actualization (AKA compulsive internet addiction)
>Never having a family of my own is AMAZING, I look forward to dying on my own in a state old age home and not perpetuating my genes, memories, and ideals

It's such a transparent sour grapes defense mechanism to everyone else. You are literally only fooling yourself, and I'm not even convinced you are doing a good job of that. I'm sure there are times late at night when the truth comes a bit too close to the surface, but the looming prospect of change, going outside your comfort zone, and raw introspection compel you to bury your feelings of self-doubt and failure for another short period of time.

Don't doubt for a moment that you are not going to regret tossing away your youth when you start getting on the wrong side of 40. Or that this facade of being some superior ascetic mendicant living outside the flimsy world of superficiality is going to stand the test of time.

The fact that you are completely dependent on others and have an addiction to a source of ersatz socialization and shallow factoids should be a wake-up call to the glaring differences between how you like to see yourself and how you really are.

Just kidding though, have a great New Year's Eve and here's to 2018 - another year that will blur into the next without any personal accomplishments or deep experiences to set it apart from the rest of your monotonous life.

This is projection
What makes you think people don't actually enjoy the things they say they enjoy and then proceed to spend their time on?
Youre writing about other people...why...supposedly all you care about is money, but then do you realize how antithetical to that both this thread and your posts are?

Guy's not OP, but I agree with him.

Nice projection mate.

>im talking about mania

This is a disorder that will leave you hollow and void of life...if your goal is to reduce life to the base pleasures and instincts, that's pretty easy to do...

You can either suppress your humanity by become manically psychotic, seeking only domination and physical power/pleasure...

Or you can suppress it with meditation and religious exercises that seek to minimize the expression of desire...

(Or you could be a healthy person, more likely to reach their goals, by engaging with ALL portions of your psyche...this is the most difficult but will be the best path to a fulfilling life and feeling of presence)

Good luck faggot

>
Cheers.

The stranger is his weakest book and doesn't really offer any interesting philosophical questions, instead try The myth of Sisyphus if you're interested in absurdism

Aight.

Cheers my man. I just don't believe you can achieve and be happy with any goal without cultivating your own character
Now, if your true self says "fuck bitches get money smoke weed", then go for it, youll be really good at it and youll be able to handle the ups and downs if youve made yourself a good and whole person first

fuck why is it so cute

who is this semen demon

Also - learn pranayama

Who the hell are you talking to?

>I'll probably work my way up, starting with energy drinks and hopefully only end at cocaine. I don't care if I'm a degenerate. The only thing I want out of life is to be filthy fucking rich at any cost. That's the thing I value in life, and as much as I would like it to be, it wasn't my choice.
yeah a heavy cocaine habit is a great way to save money

Read some Byron.

why?

New Year, New Me

bump